Canada Mod - Deluxe Edition

I was playing it with my 3.19 install the other day and it worked fine. Works fine with BUG, too. :goodjob:

Not for me: I get the "BugInit - cannot find xml file for mod init" error. :(

I just got on to the BUG and enjoy what it brings to the game experience but I do love this mod and wish to keep playing as a civilization in the game. I would like to know how BUG and this mod are incorporated to work together. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I just got on to the BUG and enjoy what it brings to the game experience but I do love this mod and wish to keep playing as a civilization in the game. I would like to know how BUG and this mod are incorporated to work together. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
To make it work with BUG, don't install BUG as a mod, but so it loads automatically with the game--sorry, I can't remember the exact terminology because it's been so long! :blush:

Ok, thanks for the reply I don't know all the terminology either but have done a lot of searching in the forum. I do have the Bug installed not as a mod so I can rid the BugInit error by changing the 0 to 1 in the Canada folder for
"Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 0"
The Canada Mod works again. If anyone is having that issue.

I guess my question really is can I use the Bug Mod features with the this mod or does it get a little more complicated merging files?

I like your Canada mod very much! And it would be fine, if you can rebuild it for Varietas Delectat... it is possible?

Perhaps with a CF-101 Voodoo ;) and much more!

Alright, I've downloaded the Deluxe version, unzipped using 7-Zip into /civ4/beyondthesword/mods/canada, and have tried the "hold shift" while laoding both the main game and the mod itself. What happens: The mod loads, I enter the main screen, but there are no features present from the mod itself. Ie. I can't select Canada. Any help?

Hey Sevs,
In order for anyone to help you we need to know:
  • BTS version (latest 3.19 I think)
  • OS (operating system)

That being said, I had the same problem. I will assume you're using Vista and you are an administrator. My problems were related to Security settings. (Note: Disabling UAC had no affect.) You will first need to verify a couple things (I didn't see them listed in your email).
  1. Verify you put the Mod folder in the correct place. It should be in the Firaxis Games folder not your My Games folder. Both folders have a folder called Mods.
  2. Verify that the Mod is not double-packed. The file directory should be
    "Firaxis Games" > "Sid Meir's Civilization 4" > "Beyond the Sword" > Mods > Canada > Assets >...​
    Sometimes I forgot to unpack properly and installed the Mod inside a second Canada folder.
  3. Verify that the permissions are set properly for the Canada folder. The file owner must be able to
    • "Read & Execute"
    • "List Folder Contents"
    • and Read
    These are found by Right-Clicking the Canada Mod folder > Security Tab. Compare the settings on this folder to any of the Mods that work for you. They should all be the same.
  4. Try changing the "Civ4BeyondSword.exe" to "Run as Administrator" for all users
If all of these are set correctly and the mod still does not work
  • Uninstall Beyond the Sword and Reinstall using the Compatibility Wizard setting "Run as administrator" for all users.
If that still doesn't work
  • Uninstall the entire Civ4 game set-up and all expansion packs and Reinstall using the Compatibility Wizard setting "Run as Administrator" for all users with each installation.

Alright, my problem must be that owner/creator isn't on Red&Execute, but each time I try to add that to "allow" for the Canada folder, no matter whether I click "ok" or "apply" it acts as if I never did so. I'm very clearly not very tech-savvy, any help?

Nevermind this post :p

Can I recommend renaming the Canada Corps to something like "Shock Trooper"?

Speaking of helicopters, where is the mod that paints a shark mouth on the gunships?[/QUOTE]

Ha!:lol:

Alright, my problem must be that owner/creator isn't on Red&Execute, but each time I try to add that to "allow" for the Canada folder, no matter whether I click "ok" or "apply" it acts as if I never did so. I'm very clearly not very tech-savvy, any help?

I don't think it has anything to do with tech savy I have been trying to get this mod to work and it just doesn't show up anywhere and I never have problems with games and getting mods to work untill this one tried everything to no avail your not alone.

I finally got this Mod to work and everything seems to be fine except just now I am trying to attack a barbarian city and it will not allow me to.Has any one run across anything like this is it a bug or is there some angles to which you cannot attack from the city is in between to hills not impassable mountains just hills and I have tried from 3 sides of the city then tried to go to the 4th side where his workers are and I couldn't attack them either any suggestions would be great full I wonder if I need a different type of unit to attach this particular city or maybe its just a bug or something

Just played a game with it. Very good. (coming from a real live hoser)

The only problem I found is with the Voyageur unit. It has no battle graphic, it just stands there and the units attack it and then the out come of the battle happens.
Plus the Voyageur should be the replacement for the explorer as opposed to the scout. The Voyageur is more of a Renascence unit rather than an ancient one. I has gear and sword comparable to the explorer.

The RCMP unit is beautiful and the Arrow is excellent.
CN Tower as a wonder is about time, never understood why it was never in any version of Civ before now.
Oil Sands is clever, and a good way to give the game a needed boost of oil resources.

What's the Renaissance Peace music?

Hey, I just tried to download this civilization and the computer gave me an "error 404" message. I'm quite upset...I had this civilization on my old computer, and it is my favorite civilization, and I lost the civilization when the old computer died...what do I do? :(

I'm a bit of a rookie when it comes to installing mods so I need to ask a quick question.

I've downloaded the mod, extracted it with winRAR, but when I unzipped it I didn't do it to the Civ IV BTS mods folder, I did it to it's own folder and then copied it to the mods. When I opened BTS, I still couldn't play as Canada.

Do I need to extract it directly to the mods folder? And if I do how exactly do I do that. I don't know the specific name of the folder and can't find it using winRAR.

I'm using the steam version of the game by the way. Any help would be much appreciated.

I hope the fact that I'm ressurrecting this thread from the dead won't ruffle any feathers!

If anybody could explain what I need to do, an Explain like I'm 5 version would be very helpful.
EDIT

At the time I posted this I forgot I needed to load the mod after launching it. Still doesn't do anything.

Top Bottom