Cannot install downloaded mod?

BLM3

Chieftain
I followed the manual:

Click the “Browse Mods” button to bring up the Mods Browser. This will list out all the mods you have previously downloaded and installed, and whether that mod is currently active. Click on the “Enabled” button to enable or disable a downloaded mod. Yes, you can have more than one mod at a time active!​

I do not see the "Enabled" button nor can I see anything to Install the mod once I download it. I do see them in the MODS directory under My Games....just do not know how to install them!

Any ideas? :cry:

The full game. Could it be that I installed the s/w to my D drive not my C drive?

I'm having the same problem, and I also have the game installed on a drive other than C.

I can't play the true locations map you made =p

Gee thanks. :p

BLM3:
I've got the extended full instructions on my blog here: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/ent...e-Hub-by-Civ-Fans-and-how-to-get-them-to-work!

If you get an error referring to BITS, or after download the file doesn't install, then sorry you're being affected by two intermittent bugs. Firaxis is working on those two to get them fixed ASAP. :)

Thank you Dale, you are the first person from any source to give me some info and hope on this problem, since I too cannot download mods (yours!) from the Steam server due to the "Bits" error message. 2K owes me a message reply but has yet to do so.

I followed the manual:

Click the “Browse Mods” button to bring up the Mods Browser. This will list out all the mods you have previously downloaded and installed, and whether that mod is currently active. Click on the “Enabled” button to enable or disable a downloaded mod. Yes, you can have more than one mod at a time active!​

I do not see the "Enabled" button nor can I see anything to Install the mod once I download it. I do see them in the MODS directory under My Games....just do not know how to install them!

Any ideas? :cry:
I've got the same bug, the mods can be downloaded, but are never shown in the installed tab.

btw the maps can be manually installed in the maps folder using 7zip to extract them.

same thing here. can download successfully, but thats as far as i get. was trying to use the clock mod

OK I uninstalled Steam/Civ5 and reinstalled on the C drive instead of the D drive. It is working now. There appears to be a bug on installing mods when the software is **not** installed on your C drive.

OK I uninstalled Steam/Civ5 and reinstalled on the C drive instead of the D drive. It is working now. There appears to be a bug on installing mods when the software is **not** installed on your C drive.

Oh damn it, I have CiV installed on my D: drive and have the same problem. I can download the mod but nothing appears to "Install" it or continue. I hope this is fixed.

damn, my drive C is has like no space on it at all, I doubt I'd be able to fix up enough room.

Guess I'll have to wait for a patch.

LOL so it seems the testers never bothered trying to install to anything other then the C drive, nor did anyone seem to have more then 1 monitor

silly little bugs, IMO

Well, hold your horses mates...I do have it installed in the C drive, so that cannot be my particular issue. My problem is the "Bits error message" and that I cannot download mods at all. Hope 2K is indeed working on these issues...

That is indeed a completely different problem. I know 2K is aware of that. My problem is that I download the mod and then it completely disappears, it can't be installed or anything. I don't know if 2K knows about this one and so far it is almost certainly because they didn't make the game check on any other drive but C:\.

This may have been posted elsewhere, but I was struggling with getting mods installed myself and stumbled upon a solution.

If you installed civ5 on a different partition than your C:, you can still make the mods work.

All you got to do is after you downloaded the mods online, get the program 7-zip. In the mod directory, just right click on the *.mod file, 7-zip, extract here. This should unpack the mod file and now they will appear in your mod list in the game.

Install the mod, enable and have fun.

I have it installed on a different drive, and it's fine for me. There is the occasional mod (Corsica, Portugal) which doesn't show up when I click 'Install mods' or doesn't even make the option to install mods available.

Top Bottom