Cannot see units in BtS

donsig

Low level intermediary
I can no longer see any units when I play BtS. This happened near the end of BotM 128 as I was engaged in a modern war. Not seeing any units, not even your own, is worse than the fog of war. I managed to finish that game but today when starting up BotM 129 I still cannot see any units. I tried a custom game, tried without Buffy, opened an old save, tried going through Steam, cannot see units in any of these games.

I'm not sure what has changed. I'm using the same laptop I've used for years and upgraded to Windows 10 long ago.

Anyone else having this problem? I've already had to give up [civ4] and [c4w] because of Microsoft, have they now done something to mess up :bts:?

I would guess that you accidentally turned on the map view that hides units, in order to make the terrain more visible. It is one of the buttons in the lower right corner of the map screen. The various buttons there turn visibility on and off for the map grid, resources, units, etc. There are about a half dozen of them. Mouse over the buttons until you find the one that is for hiding unit visibility and click it to turn it off. There are also keyboard equivalents for each button. You may have accidentally pressed that combination instead of actually clicking the button, during your game when the problem began.

Those buttons do not solve the problem. If I click on a tile that has a stack of units (not easy since I can't see them) the units show up in the 'box' icons just above where these buttons are but not on the map. Clicking the foot or cross buttons makes the 'box' icons come and go but I still never see units on the map. The show all units button doesn't even affect the 'box' icons, they always remain.

EDIT: It was the bare map button, I hadn't tried those earlier. Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom