1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't change language since patch

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by Tabarnak, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Tabarnak

Tabarnak R.I.P.

After the latest patch i cant play in english anymore. I'm a guy who lives in a french province (Québec) and i dont play in french, i play in english to follow and understand terms from everyone on this forum, and when im playing online multiplayer. I was be able to play in english but since today they dont let me to play with this setting, i only can play in french! I try to change it in options but this doesnt work.:mad: The weird thing is since my first language is french, im just more confused playing with this language :crazyeye:. My question is : how can i change the language to play from french to english ?:(

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Did you try to change the language in Steam or in Civ?

3. mujambee

mujambee Chieftain

It works for me changing it from Steam (Spanish for my wife, English for me) . . . but I can't understand why they removed the in-game setting.

Same happens to me, I feel more comfortable in English. :hammer2:

4. tokala

tokala Emperor

Switching languages in steam still works for me, but only in online mode (needs to download some stuff).

5. Tabarnak

Tabarnak R.I.P.

Well i can change language in steam i have no problem with that. But this move doesnt change language in ciV, which i want. From the game itself, this doesnt work...anymore.:( But i played some games in french and i begin to feel comfortable. In fact, i was used to play in my language in civ 4, but had some difficulties to translate some terms when i tried to get some info on the civfanatics site or other sites. Its just weird that since last patch i just cant switch languages. And i have a question : i only have choice of 2 languages in the game (english and french). Is this because i have bought the game in north america? I tought i could change from many more of them, like steam.

6. mujambee

mujambee Chieftain

Just checked my Steam; it gives me 6 options: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Polish. I bought the DVD in Spain.