Can't see great works

Abaxial

Emperor
Sorry if this has been reported before - playing as Spain with heroes and secret societies. I cannot examine my great works. If a hero dies, the legend great work comes up with a blank canvas rather than the usual little picture. Clicking on the Show Great Works button has no effect. They do exist, as I can see them in deal negotiations. But I can't get the display of ampitheatres, etc.

Are you using the Concise UI mod? I had the same problem and disabling this mod fixed the issue.

I'm not using Concise UI, but a number of other mods. But I have played plenty of games with the same combination of mods and never had this problem before.

How do I upload a save?

Here

upload_2021-1-17_11-50-0.png

To find the file, depends on your platform. With Steam on Windows 10, your saves are in
Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\Single\

I played several games without this problem and now it has come back. In this save I just have one great work (a product) but clicking the "great works" button does nothing.

Attachments

• MANSA MUSA 258 1735 AD.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
Thing is, I can play two games with the same mods and it makes no difference to whether the problem ocurs or not.

Sorry if this has been reported before - playing as Spain with heroes and secret societies. I cannot examine my great works. If a hero dies, the legend great work comes up with a blank canvas rather than the usual little picture. Clicking on the Show Great Works button has no effect. They do exist, as I can see them in deal negotiations. But I can't get the display of ampitheatres, etc.

If you are having issues still, and it affects every game you have been playing, validate the game cache of the game (if via Steam)

If that doesn't fix it.

Uninstall and Re-install the game fully via Steam.

There are two bugs here.
1) Concise UI is broken. To fix it, I use my own updated version -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/11SYrl5sW3Spiz1ebrBER6BVvGN2O1qnB
2) There's a game bug where hero relics go to the archeological museum if there are no more monument slots. This breaks great works tooltip generation and consequently the great works panel (the fix is integrated in the link above).

Check this image:

CUI + Unearthed Great Works.png

You can see that there are two heroic relics in the archeological museum, while the rest (Concise UI + Unearthed) works correctly.

P.S. : More info on the fix here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1834331006

I don't use Concise UI and if this bug occurs, it occurs with the very first great work (usually a heroic relic) before any museum has been built. Next game I played (with exactly the same mods active) I had no problems.

Top Bottom