Cant select higher resolutions

bhavv

Glorious World Dictator
Maximum resolution I can pick is 1300x1150ish

I have a 2560x1440 monitor :(

I tried using optimal settings in geforce experience but that didnt work either.

Now I have to download the drivers and reinstall.

Reinstalled drivers, didnt work:

Would I be excused this one time if I swore a lot?

2K Support have posted this workaround.
We are aware of reports that some players are having issues getting Civilization: Beyond Earth to play in full-screen mode on their monitors.

After investigating the issue, we have discovered that monitors with a refresh rate of 144 hz cannot display the game full screen at resolutions above 1280 x 720.

A workaround is to switch the game to Window Mode and run it at the desired resolution.

Running in wondowed mode sticks a border all around the game which also sucks, but I've just been using that.

I'm going to try setting my monitor to 60 hz.

That doesnt work, gotta carry on playing with a crappy bordered window.

Use this and you will be able to select fullscreen resolution:
(Link to scam site deleted.)

Well I have TV monitor, that I use as external scrren for my laptop with HDMI, which that can display all following refresh rates 24, 25, 30, 59, 60.

Yet it can not display full scrren in CivBtE. Only border window. With "0,0", as resilution option if I check full screen.

In the steam forums was posted a workaround for nvidia cards: http://steamcommunity.com/app/65980...14417237/?tscn=1414418472#c619569608657392349

I tried it and was able to play in my native resolution+hz. My configuration (and thus the registry entries) was more complicated than the one from the poster though.

The idea of the poster, that the drop down list cannot hold more than X (haven't counted them) entries might quite be true (what would make this bug a really silly one and even more embarrassing that it hasn't been fixed yet).

Well I have TV monitor, that I use as external scrren for my laptop with HDMI, which that can display all following refresh rates 24, 25, 30, 59, 60.

Yet it can not display full scrren in CivBtE. Only border window. With "0,0", as resilution option if I check full screen.

I literally just fixed something like this on my wife's PC. Apparently the intro logos run at a weird resolution that isn't supported by her Samsung HDTV. She has an AMD 6800. I found a setting in AMD Catalyst to enable video driver upscaling to 1080p, and that resolved it.

In her situation when you check "full screen" all the resolutions were there, but the TV gave "resolution not supported" when the game started. Not sure if that's the same problem you have.

Top Bottom