Can't Understand Civ 5 Diplomacy? Help is here!

Zechnophobe

Strategy Lich
This advanced diplomacy Calculator will help you understand whether your neighbors will attack you, stay back, or ask for research pacts. It can give you good details on WHEN founding a city will make them think you are encroaching on their domain, or which City States they feel you shouldn't mess with.

Just type in the question, and click submit

Civ 5 Diplomacy Calculator

100% Success Guaranteed.

Spoiler :
This is not actually my application, so please don't give credit to me for it.

This app is awesome :D

More like, 100% snark guaranteed.

Man, I thought you were serious. I guess I should have known better :D

Gotta love it when Hiawatha fills in every nook and cranny on the continent and then does the crying injun routine when you have the audacity to buy tiles near your freaking capital that he's ruthlessly encroaching on.

Question: Will every civ become hostile and attack me by turn 20 no matter what I do diplomatically?

Fanboy ball!!!

Question: Will every civ become hostile and attack me by turn 20 no matter what I do diplomatically?

This is the type of over the top rhetoric that is completely unhelpful and what drives people who want to have a reasonable view of the game and its flaws crazy.

I have played IDK 20 games. I haven't had any diplomatic relations of any sort before turn twenty other than a hello, No one has DoW me until at least 50 at least, probably more like 100.

And I haven't seen anyone be hostile until 200. I have gone whole games without being DoW. The game has a lot of flaws and diplomac right now needs some work, but people are just spreading blatant misrepresentations aboutwhat the game is like so often that after a while you start to see people mentioning them off hand as though thy are true.

Works

I asked: Will they attack?
Answer: Definitely

And totally disagree with you Becephalus. The diplomacy is the worst aspect of civ5 right after AI. No rumor snowball or anything. Just my experience in all my games.

what game are you playing becephalus? ive had 4 games out of 12 where the 1st or 2nd nation i met was hostile & taunting me the very next turn. It does happen quite abit... i hope its a bug cause its stupidly annoying, tho not as annoying as 1 nation setting itself up to fail by settling its 1st city half the world away right by your capital :D

It's completely unrealistic because in real life wars never happen.

It's completely unrealistic because in real life wars never happen.

We don't want a game with no wars. Absoultly not. But we want a declaration of war to mean something, we want an aggresive leader to be.. well an aggresive leader, not just default behaiviour, we want a crazy warmonger leader to be unique.
Not to just say: here we go again, same story, same personality, same reactions. I loved montezuma personality on civ4, and all leaders are like montezuma on civ5. But when all leaders are monty, then monty stops beeing fun.

We don't want a game with no wars. Absoultly not. But we want a declaration of war to mean something, we want an aggresive leader to be.. well an aggresive leader, not just default behaiviour, we want a crazy warmonger leader to be unique.
Not to just say: here we go again, same story, same personality, same reactions. I loved montezuma personality on civ4, and all leaders are like montezuma on civ5. But when all leaders are monty, then monty stops beeing fun.

Well, we wouldn't want monty to stop beeing fun.

I am well convinced you all don't know how to play as it is trivial to make sure the AI don't attack you. As for being attacked at all, you can be guaranteed one Civ will look on you jealously - that is just the nature of things.

If you don't like that, fine. Stick with Civ IV until the end times.

Top Bottom