CapNES2: The New Shuffle (A preview thread.)

@ das, can you tell me a little about Germany.

German Confederation, later renamed to Holy Roman Empire. Founded during the Napoleonic System's collapse by conservative German princes united in the Napoleonic Rhenish Confederation. Became a mix of a feudal confederation and a very conservative democracy over time. A very remarkable Bundskanzler was Metternich, in his time the Confederation evolved into the constitutional monarchy that is the Holy Roman Empire, with a figurehead Kaiser, two-chamber British-style Imperial Diet, division into several monarchic states (that part ala OTL Second Reich, but with local Diets holding somewhat more importance) and a very powerful (think Bismarck) office of Reichskanzler (held by the leader of the political party currently holding majority in the Diet). Industrialized. Growing importance of nationalists with territorial demands towards France, SDN and Poland.
or is it platine empire....

That be it.
*lays prostrate to capulet* For once das makes a strong china!

Not the first time I did that... Only the fourth. What I DID make for the first time (as far as I could remember, anyway) is an Ottoman Empire that is actually a great power. Most of the time I kill it off during the 18th/19th century.
How about Indochina?

Burma. ;)

Nation Descriptions 1890. Note that you can add things of your own about your nation's domestic policy 1870-1890, as long as it makes sense within the context.

Dominion of Canada: the second dominion of the British Empire at all, Canada is a rapidly-developing country and the destination of much imigration. Its main problem right now is the growing Quebecois separatism.

Dominion of New England: the first dominion of the British Empire and the once-part of USA, New England is a prospering industrial and maritime-commercial country, if not very strong militarily (which is worth noting, as anti-New Englander sentiments rise in USA...).

United States of America: humbled in the War of 1806, USA was essentially crippled, and only in 1850s did it again become a viable regional power, expanding into the Carribbean. Now, it is dreaming of revenge... but it will need allies.

United States of Mexico: independant since 1812, Mexico is the strongest nation of the Western Hemisphere, and thus far it was at good terms with Britain. Yet, as Mexico begins to get involved in the global diplomacy, it faced and faces rather tempting offers from Britain's enemies...

Gran Columbia: part of the short-lived Great Incan Empire of 1819-1822, Gran Columbia, since the death of the great Bolivar, underwent the customary South American cycle of dictatorships and democracies. It is currently stabilizing after the latest rebellion, but will this stability be long-lived?

Peruvian Republic: another part of the Great Incan Empire, Peru too faced many challenges since its independance, and still does not look very safe. It is on bad terms with anyone near it, and thus should watch its step.

Chilean Republic: a small, poor, neutral country, Chile does not look like its destined for great things. Mind you, looks isn't everything...

Platine Empire: this South American nation is the best-off; it is at good terms with Britain, it is comparatively prosperous and is one of the more attractive destinations for immigration.

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland: currently the greatest empire of the world, Britain - mostly due to this faces many external and internal problems. Jealous and/or revanchist nations threaten it, while the Irish, the Louisianans, the Brazilians, the South Africans and the Indians try to separate from the Empire. Soon, it will either fall... either live to greater glory.

French Empire: founded by Napoleon the Great, for a while France ruled nearly all Europe, directly or not, but this Napoleonic System begun to show cracks soon. In 1823, with Napoleon's death in Russia, the system's fall was assured, but due to Regent Talleyrand's diplomatic prowess, the Empire - or what was left of it, anyway - was saved. Napoleon II's reign was long and fruitful, and quite peaceful, but with his death, the fate of France and the world rests on the personality of his successor...

Kingdom of Spain: Robbed of its colonial empire by Britain, Spain actually DID profit from this extremely-sobering experience. It allowed the new Bonaparte Dynasty to revive Spain, to solve many of its problems like corruption and backwardness and to head its industrialization. It is an important regional power.

Sweden-Denmark-Norway: Also known as SDN, this Bernadottian empire is one of the most advanced and prosperous nations of the world. It is a great power, if not of British scope, but that mostly means that it will have to fight against jealous neighbhors and the rising tide of Finnish and German nationalism alike if it is to remain such.

Holy Roman Empire: An evolution of the German/Rhenish Confederation, the Holy Roman Empire's government is modelled mostly on Britain, but also somewhat on the previous Holy Roman Empire. It is a strong nation that managed to stay out of most post-Napoleonic wars, but the nationalists who are becoming increasingly important in the Reichstag call for war to unify all the German peoples...

Kingdom of Italy: The empire of the Murats, despite many early challenges, proved a potent force. It is an important regional power, but is faced with the unhappy fact that much of the place under the sun was taken long ago... Still, as changes are coming to the world, there is a chance for Italy to become trully great.

Kingdom of Poland: Reformed in the midst of the Napoleonic Wars, Poland expanded greatly during and after it, and now it seems unthinkable that for slightly less then two decades Poland did not at all exist. But in the face of rising Russian and German nationalism, will Poland survive these world-changing years?

Kingdom of Hungary: Founded in the last days of the Napoleonic System, Hungary, strangely enough, survived and lived on to become a great military power, whose officer corps is arguably the best in the world. For its part, its rather well-off, stretching from sea to sea, but what of the Romanian and Croatian nationalists?

Ottoman Empire: Despite the many reversals of late 18th/early 19th century, the Ottomans - ever since the Russian War, their first victory against an European power for a long time - were on a way back to primacy, subduing Arabia and expanding into Africa. Still, the multinational empire faces many challenges...

Russian Republic: Russia suffered much during the Napoleonic System, and after it as well: the Revolution and the Republic, though fixing some problems, still left the giant country filled with many problems and alternating between dictatorship and democracy in a South American fashion. Still, the enlightened dictatorship of the Petrov days seems to have stabilized and improved Russia and it enters the last decade of the 19th century with much hope.

Persian Empire: The alliance with Britain against Russia proved a good card to play for the Persians, as they restored and extended their power in Central Asia and eastern Caucasus afterwards; they also succesfully modernized and industrialized with Britain's help. But does it still benefit the Persians to remain allies with Britain and thus the hated Turkey?

Chinese Empire: The defeats of mid-19th century faced a serious problem for the Qings, especially as the Taiping Rebellion nearly overthrew the whole dynasty. Yet after it, Emperor Lung-di's self-strenghthening policies and the close cooperation with Britain restored China as a great power and extended its power to Japan for the first time. Yet was Lung-di's reign enough to make China rise and rise?

Burmese Empire: Burma is yet another nation that, by correctly assessing British strenght, managed to ally with Britain and thus modernize itself to face the challenges of a new era. Yet, Britain has little use for Burma now... will it still ally with Burma just for the sake of old friendship?

(If anybody wants to know more about their nations, do tell me.)

Is Burma the only nation left? If so then I take it.

If Insane Panda realy doesn't take France i'm it.
If he does I guss i'll be Italy. Oh well.

lol, i think the deal is panda was going to be france...jason wanted france but didnt know panda wanted it so he took New England...panda didnt want france afterall and is perfectly willing to trade for new england and give france to jason

which means

Panda = New England
Jason = France
Erez = Italy

das, how developed are the USM's northern areas and how loyal are they? Oh, and how strong are the Yucatan seperatists still?

Actualy was like this... I wanted France but capuelt said panda want it... So I said, if he takes it ok, so i'll be italy. But if panda doesn't take france, i'm france.

heh. I thought Italy would be some strong :-\ Is their economy strong atleast?

Well, its moderately strong. Culture is much better off, though.
w00t Chilie is just like the worst country there!

Yes, it is. Congrats!
das, how developed are the USM's northern areas and how loyal are they? Oh, and how strong are the Yucatan seperatists still?

They were until recently rather backwards, recently they became more industrialized, especially Texas (due to oil, which begun to rise in importance). Mostly loyal, though some of the Amerinds are not (most non-Amerinds in the northern territories are Mexicans, there are some assorted "anglos" and also a German community in Texas). Yucatan's separatism is still strong, though some of the social grievences of the amerinds were relieved recently.
wait... hey cap, how do you feel of me being Quebec sepratists?

I see your Canadian patriotism clashing with your Anglophobia, communisto. Is that it? ;)

Commie: I wouldn't really mind.

das, thanks alot for the descriptions, I will begin making stats now.

The NES will possibly open tonight.

Canada, since Communisto is going to rebel as Quebec.

Top Bottom