Captain on the bridge - Term VI

Chamnix said:
Our captain might have you both flogged :whipped: for invading his turf, but at least there is some discussion going on.

I love imaging that picture :evil:

Well, some discussion was all I wanted actually. You guys wanted to propose something and I (we) didn't know exactly what. But now we'll see what the result will be. :)

Marsden said:
Shh, don't tell him, he can be such a civ nazi.

Oops, there goes that ethnic thing again, he's sure to gas me now.

WHERE'S MY WHIP?? :mwaha:

This seems to have backfired nicely. I never would have predicted Council's response would be "We think the game is moving too quickly and needs to be slowed down." :suicide:

Hey Dad. Quit playin' computer games and take care of the kid. ;)

He must be my wife, too! :eek:

Congratulations!

THAT DOES IT!!!!!! No sugar for you two tonight!!!! :hammer2:

No sugar in my coffee, no sugar in my tea. No sugar to stand beside me or run with me.

Upcoming newsworthy events:

Turn 294 (next turn) - we complete the Manhattan Project. Anyone want to write a story for the UN?
Turn 295 - We complete the United Nations. Story?
Turn 294 or Turn 295 (see commander-in-chief thread) - We declare war on FREE. Declaration of war to send to FREE and/or post in the UN?

Turn 294 (next turn) - we complete the Manhattan Project. Anyone want to write a story for the UN?

I'll try to create something in the evening.

Turn 295 - We complete the United Nations. Story?

Not sure whether it's worthwhile, but maybe...I'll try to think of something.

Turn 294 or Turn 295 (see commander-in-chief thread) - We declare war on FREE. Declaration of war to send to FREE and/or post in the UN?

We should write something here...Yet, I am not sure what...

Is no comment a good thing?

I didn't expect the Council to be THAT quick.

If nobody objects to what I did so far, I will try to complete it this evening...

I like it. The only comment I would make is that I wouldn't post it unless either we declare war on FREE this turn or wait until after FREE takes their turn 294. That ending is a little ominous if FREE is trying to decide whether or not to declare on us first :).

I am not finished, yet. It took a little bit longer than I expected.

Maybe I should change that bomb to test bomb. and you are right about the timing of posting of course. I tried to avoid mentioning a target, thus in connection with your letter, FREE could think this is for the Council and what Council is thinking is not really relevant for the game anymore, I think (without being disrespectful towards Councils people ;)).

'Come on Chamnix!' Calis said somewhat sulky 'Give me something bigger to attack with'. 'Every day you come around with the same story! You have the most modern weaponry available, like modern armor, or stealth bombers. I think that's all you need. If that is not enough, you should try to improve your skills and not come to me and whine that you need something bigger!' Chamnix answered annoyed. 'But we are getting nowhere really. We throw bombs, thousands of tons of bombs, but it won't be enough, eventually. We need a final statement....with a big bang!' Calis answered adamantine. 'And what do you have in mind? What do you mean with big? Bigger tanks, bigger ships, bigger planes?' Then dutchfire raised his voice: Well, on my many diplomatic travels, I got my hands on some very interesting plans for a real huge bomb.' 'Didn't Calis just say that we we've dropped enough bombs? Now you are coming with just another bomb!' Chamnix said, getting angry. 'Yeah, I know what he said, but what I am talking about is a very special bomb.' dutchfire insisted. 'It's able to get rid of our problems with one blow! That's what the Chief Diplomat of NARI told me!' Now Chief Engineer Cyc got interested 'Why, that sounds cool. May I have a look at the plans?' 'Sure! Here you are'. dutchfire replied:

Cyc took a look at the plans and said: 'Well, uhhm...yeeessss...interesting...ahhh, right'. Then he flipped the plan. 'Now that's better...I...believe....!' Cyc looked over at dutchfire a little bit confused, then asked 'Don't you have something....else? Something more....or even better...less...academic?' 'What about this?' dutchfire asked and handed over another plan:

Cyc took the new scrap of paper and started to study it. Then he looked at the plan saucer-eyed 'I LIKE THAT! I REALLY LIKE THAT!' He looked over to Chamnix, explained the ideas on the plan and finally asked: 'CAN WE? PLEASE? I'd love to try one of those!' Cyc was completely excited. Before Chamnix could answer, Calis said: 'With these thingies, I am sure to be able to change the situation drastically.

Chamnix thought about it for a while, then he said: 'Yes, we can!' grinning diabolically.

Immediately the whole scientific force of The Saberites, Cyc, started to build several of these bombs for testing purposes, he called nukes.

Several months later:

Chamnix, Calis, dutchfire and Cyc met again in the great hall of Chamnix' palace. Cyc proudly explained that he had built the bombs for testing purposes. Chamnix was pleased, but then asked: 'Where are we going to try them out?' 'What about the vast tundra area around Cat's Pajamas? We are going to tell the population that there is no danger for anybody. They'll buy that. For some reason they always do it.' Calis said with a shrug. 'But that's not true!' dutchfire the diplomat said with horror on his face. Cyc looked at him disparagingly and said: 'You were the one who brought us these plans. What did you think we'd be doing with it?' Well, I thought we would use them as a kind of determent!?' Calis laughed at that: 'I am sure our competitors will be fairly deterred after being hit by one of these!' Chamnix agreed with the plan. No sooner said than done, SABER brought their new weapons into position for the testing purposes of what they called...

'The Manhattan Project'

When the leaders of SABER took position to have a good view Cyc said: Well gentlemen. May I ask you to bring a little bit more distance between you and the testing area?:

Everybody agreed and they brought themselves into a save distance. Cyc explained: 'This weapon can either be launched from a land site:

or also from a naval unit':

Calis got really impatient and said: 'Come on Cyc, let's get started with the tests!!'
'Alright, Sir. Here we go':

'Aren't they beautiful?' Cyc asked the other members of the government with a glow on his face. dutchfire had a terrified look on his face: 'I can't believe that we are going to use these horrific weapon against other human beings!' 'You know' Chamnix said calmly, 'I wished we had any other chance than that, but actually we do not have any alternative, I fear.' Calis nodded affirmative. 'Let's see what our targets should be.' he said uncoiling a map of the world of Meleet. 'So what do you guys think, what is going to be our target?. Chamnix', Cycs and Calis' fingers pointed at the map. dutchfire, still under shock looked from one face to the other of his comrades and found them smiling while their fingers rested at exactly the same spot of the map....

This would be the complete story. Probably we shoud post it right after we used the nukes and not before, as Chamnix mentioned!?

I exchanged the Characters of Cais and Chamnix, as it makes more sense that way!

Furthermore, I'd like to add the following as a spoiler, if everybody agrees that nukes are a nothing to make fun of really:

Spoiler :

The members of team SABER want to add that this story was only done for role playing purposes and none of the members would in reality see something positive in this kind of weapons! So please note that no one should take this serious, but as an element of the game we are all playing.

Calis of team
SABER

Please give me any helpful comments about content, typos, or wording!!!

Nice story! Sometimes I found it a bit difficult to see who said what. I'd personally prefer sentences like
'What about the vast tundra area around Cat's Pajamas? We are going to tell the population that there is no danger for anybody. They'll buy that. For some reason they always do it.' Calis said with a shrug.
to be written as
Calis said with a shrug: 'What about the vast tundra area around Cat's Pajamas? We are going to tell the population that there is no danger for anybody. They'll buy that. For some reason they always do it.'

But that might just be my opinion.

Top Bottom