• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Capture Slaves

I think the slaves are appearing in the wrong place. They should be created in the same squad of the defender slaver or in the “initial” squad of the attacker slaver.

I think the slaves are appearing in the wrong place. They should be created in the same squad of the defender slaver or in the “initial” squad of the attacker slaver.

Yeah i know, i have asked some of the python people to help, but i get no responses from them, also remember countries used to give other slaves up for that countries help, just a thought.(One way to look at it, i guess):rolleyes:

Yeah i know, i have asked some of the python people to help, but i get no responses from them, also remember countries used to give other slaves up for that countries help, just a thought.(One way to look at it, i guess):rolleyes:

I know some python, I could see if I could do something. What do you want to be done differently?

I know some python, I could see if I could do something. What do you want to be done differently?

I want it ONLY to be for Slavery and NOT Serfdom and be ONLY for when YOUR unit kills a unit that YOU fight against, then you get the "slave." No other reason and from no place else.:rolleyes:

I want it ONLY to be for Slavery and NOT Serfdom and be ONLY for when YOUR unit kills a unit that YOU fight against, then you get the "slave." No other reason and from no place else.:rolleyes:

The first part is very easy, but when else are you able to get slaves other than from "when YOUR unit kills a unit that YOU fight against"?

The first part is very easy, but when else are you able to get slaves other than from "when YOUR unit kills a unit that YOU fight against"?

For some odd reason, a slave (sometimes) pops-up in a different civ BUT its YOUR slave, weird:crazyeye:

Just a little question should this mod give you 2 slaves if you have slavery? Is it intented?

EDIT: Right now the code checks if you got the slavery and what is the level of the unit. If you have slavery civic you get as many slaves as the killed unit level is. It also checks again if you have slavery civic there for you get atleast 2 slaves if you have slavery when you kill a unit.
If you have serfdom civic you get only 1 slave when you kill a unit. It doesn't check the unit level.
When you raze a city it again checks if you have slavery you get two times the population of slaves. (population * 2 = amount of slaves)
And if you have serfdom you get as many slaves as the population. (population = amount of slaves)

So what do you want to remove or save?

EDIT2: I didn't find anything from the code that might do what you described. I'll do some tests, mayby I'll find something out...

Just a little question should this mod give you 2 slaves if you have slavery? Is it intended?

EDIT: Right now the code checks if you got the slavery and what is the level of the unit. If you have slavery civic you get as many slaves as the killed unit level is. It also checks again if you have slavery civic there for you get at least 2 slaves if you have slavery when you kill a unit.
If you have serfdom civic you get only 1 slave when you kill a unit. It doesn't check the unit level.
When you raze a city it again checks if you have slavery you get two times the population of slaves. (population * 2 = amount of slaves)
And if you have serfdom you get as many slaves as the population. (population = amount of slaves)

So what do you want to remove or save?

EDIT2: I didn't find anything from the code that might do what you described. I'll do some tests, maybe I'll find something out...

1. No only ONE slave should be given at a time.
2. Dont want the serfdom to give anything extra as far as slaves.
3. EDIT2: OK but if you dont, thats ok, i kind of like an extra slave coming from other civs. But it really should NOT be that way.;)

Ok, here it is. I changed it so you get only one slave even if the killed unit is level 100. You also get one slave per one population when you raze the city. And sorry, I didn't find out what caused the appearing slave problem. Mayby something is wrong in the code. Don't know. But here it is. Tell me if it doesn't work.

all you really need is to get a few slaves, add them to city, build pyrimids, select representation, build sistene chapel, and by the time its 200 AD you already produced 200 nukes

oh you can also double your slaves by droppin 2 nukes on them

all you really need is to get a few slaves, add them to city, build pyrimids, select representation, build sistene chapel, and by the time its 200 AD you already produced 200 nukes

oh you can also double your slaves by droppin 2 nukes on them

Actually I have to agree. Its a really great idea but it needs to be modified somewhat. As it is now you get slaves all the time and when you send them to your cities and make them help with production you've simply gor something that's too powerfull.

Maybe slaves should only be produced when
  • a) You have the Slavery Civic and
  • b) You attack and
  • c) Opponent is not an animal

Otherwise a great idea and an aspect of the game that's has been missing since the good old days (was it Civ: Call to Power?)

\Skodkim

Hey all. Interest modcomp but
1/ slaves after combat is too much
2/ how you can solve capturing slaves from animal combat?

Actually I have to agree. Its a really great idea but it needs to be modified somewhat. As it is now you get slaves all the time and when you send them to your cities and make them help with production you've simply gor something that's too powerfull.

Maybe slaves should only be produced when
  • a) You have the Slavery Civic and
  • b) You attack and
  • c) Opponent is not an animal

Otherwise a great idea and an aspect of the game that's has been missing since the good old days (was it Civ: Call to Power?)

\Skodkim

I have to agree on this one, I was about to add this to my mod until I actually read what it entailed and determined it is way overpowered. I think there should be a "chance" that you acquire a slave from combat (maybe a higher chance though, like 60-75%, sometimes armies were thuroughly defeated you know, and only a modest or small amount of slaves could be acquired), it should definitely only occur if you are using the slavery civic, it should only be when you attack, and of course it should not work on animals. I think a cool idea would be to make an actual slave unit (rather than just a worker unit) that could be sacrificed in a city for production (or temporary happiness with a colosseum maybe?).

Just some ideas, but if anyone wants to flesh this out properly I'd be happy to help out in any way I can, although I really only know how to make graphics.

EDIT: Oh yeah, getting slaves from razed cities is a great idea.

I have to agree on this one, I was about to add this to my mod until I actually read what it entailed and determined it is way overpowered. I think there should be a "chance" that you acquire a slave from combat (maybe a higher chance though, like 60-75%, sometimes armies were thoroughly defeated you know, and only a modest or small amount of slaves could be acquired), it should definitely only occur if you are using the slavery civic, it should only be when you attack, and of course it should not work on animals. I think a cool idea would be to make an actual slave unit (rather than just a worker unit) that could be sacrificed in a city for production (or temporary happiness with a Colosseum maybe?).

Just some ideas, but if anyone wants to flesh this out properly I'd be happy to help out in any way I can, although I really only know how to make graphics.

EDIT: Oh yeah, getting slaves from razed cities is a great idea.

Try out NotSoGood's cap slaves, its alot different and better.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8698433&postcount=30

Hmm, I don't remember anymore how the code I uploaded works. Are you all using the eventmanager file few posts above? And if not, I think you strategyonly should update your modcomp using my eventmanager to avoid these kind of issues.

Hmm, I don't remember anymore how the code I uploaded works. Are you all using the eventmanager file few posts above? And if not, I think you strategyonly should update your modcomp using my eventmanager to avoid these kind of issues.

Your right i just keep forgetting stuff:blush:

Don't do it yet. It's not sure what file they were using. Probably even my file might need some tweaking. I don't remember did you get slaves from animal combat. And maybe that chance of capturing slave is good idea.

Nope i used Subdue Animals for animal combat, completely different. Ok tweaking sounds great.

Top Bottom