Captured cities immediately annexed

Any time you find yourself auto-annexing a city, just go to the tech tree (F6), return and see the choice pop-up appear. Also works for barb camps and 'missing' pop-ups in general.

Bothersome, but not really a huge problem. As God once said: "Sorry for the inconvenience."

I can't believe this bug is still unfixed in BNW. I've trained myself to save before taking a city. But reloading is like a 45 second interruption each time. But I haven't yet had a game of cities flipping due to ideology pressure, where that trick doesn't work. Ugh. Should I just try to avoid using any keyboard shortcuts? I always leave screens like the science screen by hitting Escape; I'll try using the mouse in the future.

Should I just try to avoid using any keyboard shortcuts? I always leave screens like the science screen by hitting Escape; I'll try using the mouse in the future.
Indeed, that will do the trick. Even when you realize that you just missed a popup that should've been there, just press F6 and exit the science screen with your mouse. Every popup you missed until that time will show up.

Indeed, that will do the trick. Even when you realize that you just missed a popup that should've been there, just press F6 and exit the science screen with your mouse. Every popup you missed until that time will show up.

I can confirm that I've exited the science screen by clicking the close button with the mouse instead of hitting Escape like I usually do, and then gotten the missing city-state-welcome popup or barbarian-camp-cleared popup.

Still, it's a weird bug.

Hopefully this helps in solving this bug: I never had this bug in CiV, until I installed BNW. Now I'm missing a lot of pop-ups, including (and most annoyingly) the one that lets you choose puppet/annex/... conquered cities. Did a verify game cache, even a complete reinstall of CiV. Still this bug. The pressing F6 and exiting using the mouse trick does seem to work though, thanks for that tip. Still pretty annoying!

F6 trick stopped working for me since BNW :(

Ruining a lot of my MP games. It was fixed for a while, but returned...

Not criticizing, I build software for a living, I know how it is ;) but I do wish it would go away

Instead of F6 try pulling up your available Tech List in the top left corner and clicking/re-clicking on the tech you're learning. For me, F6'ing as a workaround got broken with BNW but this method often works. Bear in mind, like F6ing pre-BNW, it doesn't work 100%.

Sad. Pretty game breaking in MP.

Recently I got this bug. I was somewhat surprised that it is still there after almost two years.
Interestingly appeared for me twice after receiving such a message: CS was forced to pay tribute to Nobody and now its treasure is empty...
Besides auto annexed bug I also couldn't access this CS screen.

I don't know if this bug is fixed but I still have the problem! I am playing on mac and through steam and this bug really irritates me to the point where I have not been able to play Civ 5 for a while. It is the exact same bug that is described in this tread and I hope it will get fixed.

Top Bottom