Capturing World Wonders

reker

Chieftain
I can determine which wonders another civ has from the diplomacy screen. But is there a way to determine which cities hold each Wonder? It would be useful to know this in planning which order to attack cities.
Also, if a Capitol is captured the palace move to a new Capitol. But can someone confirm that the World Wonders do not relocate but are captured with the city?

You can use spies to see what a city has. The AI usually builds all wonders in its capital unless they have a terrain requirement. They stay with the city and do not relocate.

^ Agree. You can also scout their cities to see what graphic indications of wonders are next to particular cities. Many are quite recognizable (such as Stonehenge, Great Lighthouse, Mausoleum, Statue of Zeus, etc.).

You can look real close at their city or spy on them. They are almost always in the Capitol in my experience unless its a wonder that requires certain terrain (i.e. Petra). In warmongering games, the amount of wonders a civ has is one of the main factors in determining who to conquer.

^ Agree. You can also scout their cities to see what graphic indications of wonders are next to particular cities. Many are quite recognizable (such as Stonehenge, Great Lighthouse, Mausoleum, Statue of Zeus, etc.).

Be careful when you use your eyes to spot wonders. The leaning tower is surprisingly straight on the map! I think the AI is trying to fool you.:lol:

I had a strange thing happen in a game. My neighbor built Borobudur in their capital (as well as a few other wonders), but when I conquered it Borobudur just disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else?

Are you certain that the Borobudur was completed? As construction progresses it can look finished. Though I haven't looked at the XML for Borobudur, World Wonders are generally coded to survive the capture of their city.

Are you certain that the Borobudur was completed? As construction progresses it can look finished. Though I haven't looked at the XML for Borobudur, World Wonders are generally coded to survive the capture of their city.

Very nice reply to 3 year old post

Top Bottom