CarmenNES04: Preview & Development

The map is functionally finished, and I am now generally improving its quality, adding more mountains, coastal detail and rivers, before doing a final climate map so that carmen can start the NES.

Yay!

xcsdsdss

UU section completed, finally.

Some unit descriptions to be added.

Also, no I will not remove upkeep Abaddon. :p

This NES should be good to go anywhere from one to two weeks after Iggy completes the map, so should be anywhere from late March to Early April, if my estimation skills aren't failing me completely.

Meh, well prepare for me to ask lots and lots of questions

Alright, map is more or less finished, I'm just filling in the cradles and stuff. Expect this to launch within a week.

So in the meantime, go over the rules CAREFULLY, and tell me if there's anything that needs clarification. Also, please pay attention to the rules so it will make my job and your job easier at playing.

So, want to discuss GIMP carmen, or are you a bit busy right now? I promise you, using GIMP will make your map work much, much easier.

I can't wait. I just hope it pulls enough people in.

It will be a cradle right?!

Don't open a second cradle til at least 10 players!

Lunean City States / Dannydehz
Oligarchy / Safet Akhenad

Capital: Lunea
Economy: 1 (1+0)/0/0
Size: Tiny (1)
Stability: 50% (Neutral)
Infrastructure: 10% (Horrible)
Education: 0% (None)
Army: 4 Infantry Companies (1 EP)
Navy: 1 Galley Squadron (1 EP)
Projects/Wonders:
[Add a basic history or something about your nation. Anything helps.]

Official Name: Serene Lunean League
Motto: Strength through Unity
Official Language: Lunean
Population: 100,000
Religions: Cult of Lunea (40%), Cult of Sol (10%), Cult of Melano (20%), Cult of Artide (15%), Cult of Serena (10%), Other (5%)
Government Details:
The Lunean City states are bound together by various treaties and alliances, each city state has a fair share of autonomy over her internal affairs, but matters of war and foreign policy are handled by the city state of Lunea, which holds supremacy over the other, lesser city states. Each city state pays tribute to the Senate of Lunea, which is responsible for keeping the peace and maintaining the military. The Senate elects a number of officials every few years, including the Safet, the highest authority in the League. The leaders are elected based on merits, mostly, but it has been known that the more wealthy candidates influence the outcome of the elections.
Official Currency: Lune
Economic Details: The Lunean economy is mostly based on overseas trade, having monopolized much of the regional sea-based trade. Valuable goods are bought in distant ports and sold on the bustling marketplaces of Lunea and other Lunean cities. Where-ever a suitable trading location has been discovered, the Luneans usually establish a small, fortified colony to directly trade with the natives. This has enabled the Lunean League to set up a widespread trade network and create a large and wealthy merchant class.
Top Exports: Salt, Dyes, Silk
Top Imports: Slaves, Grain, Gold
Trading Partners: Far and wide
Stability Factors: The autonomy of the various city states allows for much stability in the League. As the city states share a common, commercial interest, as well as a common religion and ethnic heritage, they have an interesting in maintaining the league. The autonomy enjoyed by the city states can prove troublesome, however, as a followed course can go against the interest of a minority of city states, which have been known to stray from the course, causing friction and the occasional civil war.
Culture: Religion plays a great role in the Lunean League and the various cults posses large temple complexes, and vast treasuries, managed by an educated priest caste. Powered by the large and wealthy merchant class, Lunean culture provides many forms of entertainment, ranging from musical performances, to dance, poetry and theater, developing their own, unique tastes and aesthetics. Virtue, merit and duty are much respected values in the League, and it is expected that each citizen does his utmost to maintain the prosperity of the League.
Project/Wonder Descriptions: The Great Harbor of Lunea is a marvel of the region. The design is circular, for maximum efficiency, with warehouses and a marketplace in the center, which is connected to the city by four bridges. The harbor is one of the largest and busiest in the world.
Allies: Key trading partners, mostly located inlands.
Rivals: Rival maritime political entities.
History:
Over the centuries, the Lunean people have colonized a wide region, coming to dominate their home island of Megala, as well as surrounding coastal regions. Of the various city states, Lunea is the oldest and the largest. Slowly but surely, Lunea started to dominate the other city states, defeating them one by one in many wars, as well as through strategic alliances and intrigue. Even though the League hasn't expanded through conquest for many centuries, it continues to expand through colonization, as new trading outposts quickly grow into small, walled towns and later autonomous cities.

I'm in. Anything else you need, Carmen?

Carmen, personally, I would recommend running just one cradle, and keeping the others NPCed. Of course, it's your decision to make!

Alright, following Iggy's advice, I've decided to choose one cradle, finding it would be a bit burdensome for my first fresh-start to have two cradles.

Also, I would wish for nobody to write up stats until they see the map, and one more thing:

There will be an IC and OOC thread. OOC thread will be for comments, suggestions, etc.

IC thread will be for official diplomacy, updates, rules, stories, and other such nation-sponsored stuff.

If there is any confusion of where you should post something, ask in the OOC thread.

And I've PM'd Iggy for some required map stuff. ;)

Several delays due to god damned school homework, hectic week. Might have time to finish the map on the weekend, but don't hold your breath as I then have to finish my Global Studies notes/thesis/outline on the Siege of Orleans term paper. However, it will release this month, I promise you that.

Can't wait.

I'll join when this officially starts up. I'm always ready for non-earth fresh start.:)

Roll call thread. Please go an post, vote in the poll etc so we know who is active currently in NESing

Several delays due to god damned school homework, hectic week. Might have time to finish the map on the weekend, but don't hold your breath as I then have to finish my Global Studies notes/thesis/outline on the Siege of Orleans term paper. However, it will release this month, I promise you that.

Any progress?

Good stuff. I look forward to this NES very much.

Top Bottom