Castro posts public information

Estebonrober

Deity
and conservatives have a complete meltdown.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/po...n-castro-tweet-trump-donors-texas-san-antonio

Why? It’s all public. They are donating to Trump. I’d assume hey want to be associated with him. How is this a scandalous act? Has it really gotten to the point where they project their violence this badly? No one is advocating hurting them. Maybe a boycott of a personal nature. WTH conservatives?

Don Jr compared it to the hit lists compiled by the gunmen who used his father's talking points in their screeds. Of course he left out the second part of that sentence but we knew he'd do that.

I don't know how I feel about this to be honest.

Don Jr compared it to the hit lists compiled by the gunmen who used his father's talking points in their screeds. Of course he left out the second part of that sentence but we knew he'd do that.

I don't know how I feel about this to be honest.

Yea I know I’m fine with him posting the names, but maybe not with the “these are the people spreading hate” part. Maybe just “these are the people donating to Trump I thought you should know this week”

The hypocrisy is amazing tho

It skirts very close to counterproductive shaming. Kind of like how just calling racists a racist isn't always the best way to move the needle on the issue. Sometimes it is though, I'm just not sure this is a good idea. On the other other hand, shaming is probably how we got to where we are on race issues so idk maybe this is ok?

I don't see how it is counterproductive at all. Judging from the tweet some of the names on the list are prominent San Antonio business owners. We are all talking about how we need to be more ethical in our consumption choices, and IMO not doing business with people who donate money to Trump is part of that.

Yeah, a simple posting of the list would have been more appropriate.

Yeah, a simple posting of the list would have been more appropriate.

He still could ahve stressed the point without it being so provocative "I thought San Antonians should see this considering the week we just had"...

and conservatives have a complete meltdown.
https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/po...n-castro-tweet-trump-donors-texas-san-antonio
Why? It’s all public. They are donating to Trump. I’d assume hey want to be associated with him. How is this a scandalous act? Has it really gotten to the point where they project their violence this badly? No one is advocating hurting them. Maybe a boycott of a personal nature. WTH conservatives?

Not just conservatives. Some of these people evidently play both sides and donated to Castro's brother. They are livid for being outed.

Not just conservatives. Some of these people evidently play both sides and donated to Castro's brother. They are livid for being outed.

They have split personalities.....only their conservative side had a meltdown

Interesting problem... I think voters should know who is buying politicians but I'm concerned about the big money corporations are spending, not individual donors giving <2k

Otoh I think Castro is a selfish scumbag who just gave the GOP an excuse to do the same thing to Democrat donors and the end result will be an even more polarized country further enhancing a gerrymandered system as people will be more reluctant to fund unpopular politicians/causes.

This reminds me of the prolifers publishing personal information about abortion doctors to coerce (terrorize) them into compliance. If his defense is the information is public, then it shouldn't be public and I'll be more supportive of 'dark money'. The people who gave us the 1st Amendment criticized the King anonymously but we have a law that allows the kings to find out who is criticizing them.

Interesting problem... I think voters should know who is buying politicians but I'm concerned about the big money corporations are spending, not individual donors giving <2k

Otoh I think Castro is a selfish scumbag who just gave the GOP an excuse to do the same thing to Democrat donors and the end result will be an even more polarized country further enhancing a gerrymandered system as people will be more reluctant to fund unpopular politicians/causes.

This reminds me of the prolifers publishing personal information about abortion doctors to coerce (terrorize) them into compliance. If his defense is the information is public, then it shouldn't be public and I'll be more supportive of 'dark money'. The people who gave us the 1st Amendment criticized the King anonymously but we have a law that allows the kings to find out who is criticizing them.

Well some have bought into citizens united hook line and sinker. Donations are not the same as speech. Writing up pamphlets criticizing the king and then funding his usurpers are two very different things.

It is easy to imagine that if a Republican had publicised a list of democrat voters the reaction would have been exactly the same.

These are small-time donors really and i'm not convinced their information should be public knowledge any more than what people voted should be public knowledge.

What should be public knowledge is sources of major financing from businesses, and 'dark money' sources.

These are small-time donors really and i'm not convinced their information should be public knowledge any more than what people voted should be public knowledge.

I am fine with my information becoming public when I make a small donation. If you don't want the public to know what political candidates you're giving money to, don't give any money to them. It's really that simple.

I am fine with my information becoming public when I make a small donation. If you don't want the public to know what political candidates you're giving money to, don't give any money to them. It's really that simple.
I notice your saying this anonymously... I suppose you don't want people doxing you or your family..... as there are many crazy people out there in the real world :mischief:
just saying

Somehow I doubt that he would care if it was public.

Somehow I doubt that he would care if it was public.

I figured it was public but I can't find myself in the FEC database. That might be because my contributions were via ActBlue and so show up as being from ActBlue in the campaign finance filings.

That's kind of troubling, tbh. At any rate, the issue of me being anonymous on this site and my election campaign contributions being anonymous are two entirely different things, though conflating them is a good trolling effort.

Especially when it's done by another anonymous poster. :lol: :lol:

Honestly, I am starting to think @Birdjaguar might be right about that account being a literal Russian troll operation....but otoh in my experience right-wingers are really just that stupid so idk

Just another fine product of Murdoch Media......

I'll keep my anonymity thank you...its not the anonymity I am highlighting but the drawing attention to people so their addresses homes and places of work are broadcast... there is a reason that election votes are kept secret... it was a hard won right from the days people had to raise their hand in front of others...including the evil capitalist boss

Honestly, I am starting to think BJ might be right about that account being a literal Russian troll operation....
Well as a major player in the US election process... you must admit I have skin in the game :lol: :lol:

Top Bottom