Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Correct.

All those who are getting this flashy stuff, are you'll using Perfect World 2 by any chance? There is a known bug in that Mapscript (as far as i know).

Ok.

Yes. Hmm I will try it on another map then.

Another game (this time without additional civs) and CTD at same turn at 3250 BC.

Yeah me too!

I have just played another game and my first city had so much health without and buildings or resources that it could grow to size 6. I suspect it was all the forest near by. I think that the only "real" solution to the population problem is not health but bringing back the Civ III idea of requiring a building to get above a certain size and have that building require a tech. Either that or remove the huge unhealthiness at the start and add it back at important or bottleneck techs.

That's what I want to do with my residential mod. However in doing so I would make it so a city cannot become unhealthy from over population. :/ Which is why I am still pondering on the subject.

Turns out that most subdued animals aren't costing maintenance, I just looked. I just have a surplus of those that do. So I either need to make them all cost or make none of them cost. I have been thinking I should make them "defend only" to reduce the war aspect of them. Although I have seen somewhere that the Asian rhino was used as an attack unit. So maybe I do need to make a new animal unit "Shock Rino" for it to upgrade to once you have the correct techs.

I plan to add a Mammoth and Megatherium unit for the "Mammoth Trainer" and "Megatherium Trainer" wonders under "Megafauna Domestication" tech. This tech represents the alternate timeline tech for the prehistoric era. I plan to have the following for each era ...

Prehistoric - Megafauna Domestication
Ancient - ? (Lost Technology)
Classical - ?
Medieval - ?
Renaissance - Gearpunk
Industrial - Steampunk
Modern - Dieselpunk
Trans-Human - Cyberpunk
Galactic - ?

There is already a mammoth in SubdueAnimals.

btw it is not the cost of maintaining each unit but the cost of the number of units that is spoiling my economy. I just made the SA units have no cost and it had no effect. This probably means I need a few more animal buildings. Something simple that goes obsolete early or is upgraded by early buildings eg Hide cloths which is upgraded to tannery or some such. I am getting a surfit of animals otherwise.

Could you please post where the LH's go? I downloaded the zipfile and I have no idea where in the mod it goes. Please remember that some of us are not quite that computer intuitive...

Could you please post where the LH's go? I downloaded the zipfile and I have no idea where in the mod it goes. Please remember that some of us are not quite that computer intuitive...

Modules/Custom Leaderheads/_____;)

Another game (this time without additional civs) and CTD at same turn at 3250 BC.

Try this workaround once:

ONE turn before the CTD, go into worldbuilder and save the game in there. Then go into My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Saves/WorldBuilder/__(what ever you named it ) and then place it in the PrivateMaps (Same area as the Assets folder), then see what happens.:mischief:

What ever happens then is what is causing the error, it might help, maybe not.:rolleyes:

@strategyonly

Ok so I played another game on a different map (planet creator # something) and poof, same flashy crashy at 3252 BC. I am wondering if its caused by the old Afforess' "Worlds Fair" code that spawned that building a a certain date. Is that even still lurking around in the mod?

On a side now I noticed the game seems to run better with the button icons in PAK format.

EDIT: I narrowed it down to where you press enter on 3250 BC (1125/3000) not sure if that helps.

EDIT2: I tried saving it in world builder and then loading up the world builder scenario. However it crashed after I pressed enter. No "flashy", just "crashy" this time. :(

As much as I like the Prehistoric Era it really sucks crashing before I can even leave the Ancient Era.

@strategyonly

Ok so I played another game on a different map (planet creator # something) and poof, same flashy crashy at 3252 BC. I am wondering if its caused by the old Afforess' "Worlds Fair" code that spawned that building a a certain date. Is that even still lurking around in the mod?

On a side now I noticed the game seems to run better with the button icons in PAK format.

EDIT: I narrowed it down to where you press enter on 3250 BC (1125/3000) not sure if that helps.

EDIT2: I tried saving it in world builder and then loading up the world builder scenario. However it crashed after I pressed enter. No "flashy", just "crashy" this time/ :(

I just am NOT getting any of that i am at 100AD now, i have tried 10 games since you'll brought that up and ZIP/NADA/Nothing. It does happen to me. Need to know i guess then what are you checking on the game prior to starting, ie Rev/Barb Civ/ etc. It might have something to do with that, Cause i NEVER EVER use Revolutions (HATE IT).

I am going to UPLOAD another TEST version soon anyways, cause i like all your new buildings and that makes alot of difference when starting, keep up the good work, i would like at least three building in each PreH tech, if that is possible:rolleyes:

One thing i did notice is alot of those buildings have :yuck: (which i dont like). Especially that Garbage Civic stuff, way to hard in the beginning of a game.

I just am NOT getting any of that i am at 100AD now, i have tried 10 games since you'll brought that up and ZIP/NADA/Nothing. It does happen to me. Need to know i guess then what are you checking on the game prior to starting, ie Rev/Barb Civ/ etc. It might have something to do with that, Cause i NEVER EVER use Revolutions (HATE IT).

I am going to UPLOAD another TEST version soon anyways, cause i like all your new buildings and that makes alot of difference when starting, keep up the good work, i would like at least three building in each PreH tech, if that is possible:rolleyes:

One thing i did notice is alot of those buildings have :yuck: (which i dont like). Especially that Garbage Civic stuff, way to hard in the beginning of a game.

Have you tried loading my game i posted page ago? (it includes all custom civs from unload modules folder). Could you try to play couple turns and see if it crashes for you? And if not, post a save - i will check if it will continue working normally or will crash again.

- I use revolutions and some other stuff (I will post the entire list next time I start a game). I really hope its not revolutions since I really like that aspect of the game.

- I will see what I can do but don't expect anything from me until after Thanksgiving.

- The unhealthy are put there on purpose to try to balance things. Just a tip: Don't settle near flood plains in the beginning of the game due to their high unhealthiness. Those places are ripe with malaria and other diseases. The best starting spot is at a river delta leading to the sea with some forest around.

- What setting do you play with? I play on Noble and Snail speed. This seems to be the best settings for my mods. All others are too fast (and eternity is just a bit too slow).

EDIT: Ok here are my custom game settings ...

- City Flipping After Conquest
- Start As Minor Civs
- Multiple Production
- Multiple Research
- Usable Mountains
- Fixed Cultural Borders
- Surround and Destroy
- Advanced Diplomacy
- Barbarian Generals
- Assimilation
- Great Commanders
- Culturally linked Starts
- Personalized Map
- Advanced Economy
- Realistic Culture Spread
- Larger Cities
- Realistic Corporations
- Religious Decay
- Barbarians Always Raze
- United Nations
- Advanced Espionage
- Expanded Castles
- Arctic and City Parks
- Meteorology
- Civic Buildings
- Early Buildings
- Historical Wonders
- Guilds
- Modern Corporations
- Advanced Nukes

BTW could it be possible to take some of those last ones out as choices? For instance if you uncheck Early Buildings I think there will be some errors with my mods. Due to missing files. In short the following I would like to have the choice taken out if possible (set as on for default)...

- Expanded Castles
- Arctic and City Parks
- Meteorology
- Civic Buildings
- Early Buildings
- Historical Wonders

Plus "No Future Era" since that's just going to mess up the whole Space Mod once we get to it if someone checks it off. (set as off for default)

- I will see what I can do but don't expect anything from me until after Thanksgiving.

- The unhealthy are put there on purpose to try to balance things. Just a tip: Don't settle near flood plains in the beginning of the game due to their high unhealthiness. Those places are ripe with malaria and other diseases. The best starting spot is at a river delta leading to the sea with some forest around.

- What setting do you play with? I play on Noble and Snail speed. This seems to be the best settings for my mods. All others are too fast (and eternity is just a bit too slow).

BTW could it be possible to take some of those last ones out as choices? For instance if you uncheck Early Buildings I think there will be some errors with my mods. Due to missing files. In short the following I would like to have the choice taken out if possible ...

- Expanded Castles
- Arctic and City Parks
- Meteorology
- Civic Buildings
- Early Buildings
- Historical Wonders

Plus "No Future Era" since that's just going to mess up the whole Space Mod once we get to it if someone checks it off.

1. No biggy, happy T day.
2. I always start near a river or on a coast. (Again i hate starting with a :yuck: just seems a little ridiculous to me, most of those building need better usage, IMHO)
3. Always normal, I HATE anything above Marathon, to darn slow for me,, i usually have it on Epic, i dont have time for that slooooow stuff. (Most of the time i never even make it to Modern era.)
4. Done
5. (Plus) Done.;)

Hey I noticed in your other NWA mod it says that not to play in multiplayer, I was wondering if that was the same for this? Are there any for see able problems playing in MP? Or is that all good?

Hey I noticed in your other NWA mod it says that not to play in multiplayer, I was wondering if that was the same for this? Are there any for see able problems playing in MP? Or is that all good?

Actually same game, i never play multiplayer, so really i have no idea, but i am still guessing, and thx for asking, but sorry NO:blush: Its just too big a mod. But you can try, but i did warn you.:rolleyes:

Btw, are those 160 civs mentioned on first page included? I could only find like 12-15 civs in unload modules + standard AND 30 something civs.

Btw, are those 160 civs mentioned on first page included? I could only find like 12-15 civs in unload modules + standard AND 30 something civs.

I thought i removed that paragraph when i put out the NEW NWA:p

btw for everyone else also, i am only going to take savedgames from the NEW NWA, no older stuff ok, dated 25 Nov or later.
Alot of changes in NEW NWA, i took out a few options like "Limited Religions" (they didnt work anyways) etc. Just do what i do, when i get to 500 turns or so on Epic, i go into the WB and give each civ the religion closest to what the majority of that civ has in nowaday world (again my choice).

@strategyonly
So I have been testing Normal and Marathon speeds for the "flashy & crashy" error and so far neither has crashed. I did not like normal since everything went so fast and even though I still think marathon is still a bit speedy I can at least live with that speed. In short my temp solution is just to use marathon speed instead of Snail, until we can figure out how to fix snail speed.

Any chance of bringing limited religions back?

@strategyonly
So I have been testing Normal and Marathon speeds for the "flashy & crashy" error and so far neither has crashed. I did not like normal since everything went so fast and even though I still think marathon is still a bit speedy I can at least live with that speed. In short my temp solution is just to use marathon speed instead of Snail, until we can figure out how to fix snail speed.

Glad that its working fine now then. And YES Marathon is ok for me, but i still prefer Epic.

Any chance of bringing limited religions back?

You'd have to ask the RevDCM people about that, they are the ones that control that part. All i did was take it out of the options area, cause it didnt work anyways.

Top Bottom