Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

I think that we should remove religions tech and make religion system more generic like in civ 5

Sorry but i have NO idea what that is, because i dont play or am not interested in Civ V:confused:

@SO

It is simple after you discover some tech example organized religion you recive great prophet and you can found religion and type its name.

Than you can add aditional bonuses to you religion - something similar to civic screen but your belives choices cant be undone.

@SO

It is simple after you discover some tech example organized religion you recive great prophet and you can found religion and type its name.

Than you can add aditional bonuses to you religion - something similar to civic screen but your belives choices cant be undone.

A idea derived on this: religions are unlocked by some techs, but to actually found one with a Great Prophet, you need a set of conditions (for example as X different animal resources for Shamanism, horses/myth of horse for Tengriism, flooded plains in city vicinity for Judaism...).

Also, as the first Great Persons Civs usually get are Great Prophets, it might not be necessary to give Great Prophets whenever a new religion becomes available.

@SO

It is simple after you discover some tech example organized religion you receive great prophet and you can found religion and type its name.

Than you can add additional bonuses to you religion - something similar to civic screen but your believes choices cant be undone.

A idea derived on this: religions are unlocked by some techs, but to actually found one with a Great Prophet, you need a set of conditions (for example as X different animal resources for Shamanism, horses/myth of horse for Tengriism, flooded plains in city vicinity for Judaism...).

Also, as the first Great Persons Civs usually get are Great Prophets, it might not be necessary to give Great Prophets whenever a new religion becomes available.

I believe WE already have that, its called Divine Prophets that TB has as a game option:confused:

I believe WE already have that, its called Divine Prophets that TB has as a game option:confused:

I'm actually getting confused ;) Unless I'm mistaken:

- Default option is, you research a religion tech, if you're the first one the religion is automatically founded in one of your cities
- Divine prophets is, you research a religion tech, if you're the first one you get a Great Prophet. A Great Prophet may found any religion whose tech you've discovered and that has not yet been founded.
- What Nimel is suggesting is, there are no longer any religion-specific tech, but some other "normal" techs give you a Great Prophet that is able to found a religion which you can name any way you want (not sure if it's only for the first civ that discover the tech). Religions are equivalent, but you can tweak the effect of a religion you've founded (or any religion?) in the civics screen.
- What I'm suggesting is, there are no longer any religion-specific tech, but some other "normal" techs unlock the possibility of founding a specific religion by a Great Prophet if some conditions (depending on the religion you want to found) are met. Optionally, reduce the number of free Great Prophets you gain in the tech tree.

something like civ5 give

you bname religion and choice what features it give.

like calmness of buddism (-20\40 to any war-related things and +50 to stability) or hinduism (exessive sexual relations give +30 to pop grow \ but give in other hand more sexual diseases (+10% :yuck:) per pop)

so one player can be calm and peacefull buddist and other WAR beast that sacrifice all to God of WAR.

something like civ5 give

you bname religion and choice what features it give.

like calmness of buddism (-20\40 to any war-related things and +50 to stability) or hinduism (exessive sexual relations give +30 to pop grow \ but give in other hand more sexual diseases (+10% :yuck:) per pop)

so one player can be calm and peacefull buddist and other WAR beast that sacrifice all to God of WAR.

OK lets please move the religion talk to the religion thread thx.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=443077

All of these TECH's need to be REDUCED by at least 10%(maybe more), there are waaaay too many techs listed here, what do you'll think??

Also in the EraInfo's XML there are alot of music marked like this, anybody know WHO did this? And more importantly WHY??

Code:
[B]<!--[/B] 	<EraInfoSoundtrack>AS2D_TENOCHTITLANREVEALED</EraInfoSoundtrack> [B]-->[/B]

I disagree. I like those new techs. Please do not reduce them. :(

For once it takes a bit to get through the Ancient Era rather than speeding though it to the Classical Era.

I disagree. I like those new techs. Please do not reduce them. :(

For once it takes a bit to get through the Ancient Era rather than speeding though it to the Classical Era.

OK so how is the AI doing on them then??

I've often considered adding an addendum option to Divine Prophets that disables the free religions... I think that'd be an interesting way to go. Then the religion techs become purely a matter of access.

I've often considered adding an addendum option to Divine Prophets that disables the free religions... I think that'd be an interesting way to go. Then the religion techs become purely a matter of access.

Pls dont do anything with religions withOUT going completely through DH, OK thx.

I am working on getting a C2C version of Platyping's Tech screen in. It allows you to hide all sorts of things you don't want to see eg techs you have already studied.

On religions, I am looking as a system that is a cross between the Total War and Faces of Gods mods. The techs will go, you will get Religion resources from studying some techs and building some buildings. Different religions consume different resources and different amounts of resources. The more resources you assign the more mature the religion. (All that from the Total War mod). From the Faces of God mod you get to define the direction your religion goes. Major changes will require a Great Prophet eg founding and changing main focus will require a Great Prophet.

OK so how is the AI doing on them then??

Well in recent games I have been in the middle of the pack. Thus half have done better while half have not. I would say that probably how it should be where the player is not always top, but not always bottom either. I am not saying it perfect, but slowing both the AI and player in the tech tree means that unit improvements are not as quick. It also gives time for both to build more buildings. Because in the ancient era buildings were spread out more over many techs and less were added. Thus one had more time to make them before advancing.

The svn log says "-Tweaked some Era soundtracks." this was in rev4539 by ls612.

thx, i thought so, there are ALOT of duplicate stuff in the audio files i am finding out now, thx.

Is this screen editable? Can we change his layout?

Attachments

• tech.jpg
    tech.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 131
UnitMasterFileCSV, is this file necessary for general public SVN updates? Isn't it a Modders work sheet?

JosEPh

UnitMasterFileCSV, is this file necessary for general public SVN updates? Isn't it a Modders work sheet?

JosEPh

I dont even know what it is, and when i look at it (pic 1) it doesnt make any sense its just mumble jumble to me??

Top Bottom