Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

I have an idea for an alternate timelines unit. It's called the antler warrior and wields a sharpened deer antler mounted to a stick. This would be a late prehestoric-early ancient era unit.

As a complete newbie, I just want to note that some of the buidings/units in the city screen have such a natural dark shading that at first glance they appear unbuildable. It would be useful if there was some way to make it a bit more clear.

Would it be possible to stick a little icon on/over them when you can't build them (frex: You need a prerequisite you don't have yet)?

As a complete newbie, I just want to note that some of the buidings/units in the city screen have such a natural dark shading that at first glance they appear unbuildable. It would be useful if there was some way to make it a bit more clear.

Would it be possible to stick a little icon on/over them when you can't build them (frex: You need a prerequisite you don't have yet)?

If you click the button that looks like a forbidden sign above the building selection thing, all the unbuildable buildings disappear. I believe there's also a BUG option to make these buildings not show up by default.

Just a WARNING to all:

Hydro is re-doing the Guilds presently and will be done soon, so i will be completely deleting all present building guilds, so if you want to keep them in a safe place for yourself, just incase you dont like them, do so now, like i said, JFYI.

I actually want the unbuildable buildings there, so at times I can hover over them to see what prereq I need to get in order to build them. What I'm saying is some of the buildings that I can build, have icons that are naturally shaded to the point they appear unbuildable.

I'm just saying it would be nice if it was a bit more obvious, that's all.

Do you think my unit idea is interesting?

*double post as it's a different subject*

I see the Pirates on SVN but have a concern: Should they not have European as native Culture?
American (and mostly Indian type UU's) does not feel right.

Cheers

I have an idea for an alternate timelines unit. It's called the antler warrior and wields a sharpened deer antler mounted to a stick. This would be a late prehestoric-early ancient era unit.

Good concept for a stonepunk unit.

*double post as it's a different subject*

I see the Pirates on SVN but have a concern: Should they not have European as native Culture?
American (and mostly Indian type UU's) does not feel right.

Cheers

I agree. Pirates should have Native Culture (European).

I saw that you add a disease system to v25. What do you think about new great person type :

Great medic/doctor
witch this person you can cure disease of one type or help to research medic related tech.

I saw that you add a disease system to v25. What do you think about new great person type :

Great medic/doctor
witch this person you can cure disease of one type or help to research medic related tech.

We have a great doctor already... but the idea of allowing him to cure a disease from a city outright (even if it's rather uncurable with current technology) would be interesting to implement on him. I'll give some thought as to how that could be done. I haven't implemented a CurePlot mission yet... perhaps that's the way to go there... allow him access to such a mission that would cure all units and even the city itself of a particular affliction. (this ties into plans for the disease system that go far beyond where its at right now...)

The only reason i made them American is because they mainly sailed from around the Bahama's area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bahamas (18th Century)

I think most of those guys who became pirates in the Bahamas were European in descent. Piracy seems to happen whenever someone thinks they can get away with it, but also was notable in Africa (see the US Marine hymn "...shores of Tripoli" for example
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_pirates
though you seem to have a particular group in mind). Pirates like most bandits are considered enemies of humanity without national identity and therefore without rights "hostis humani generis"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legal_Latin_terms
so there's some argument to be made that they should have no native culture. Maybe a cultural wonder unique to them? I don't know.

Mildly related to that, it seems to me that the USA tribe should have native culture European, so that they can potentially build their own culture wonder (unless something's been changed since the last time I looked at it).

The only reason i made them American is because they mainly sailed from around the Bahama's area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bahamas (18th Century)

Key part and word of that Wikipedia:
"During proprietary rule, the Bahamas became a haven for pirates, including the infamous Blackbeard."

If you read about Blackbeard it starts off by telling you:
"Edward Teach (c. 1680 – 22 November 1718), better known as Blackbeard, was a notorious English pirate who operated around the West Indies and the eastern coast of the American colonies."

Cheers

I actually want the unbuildable buildings there, so at times I can hover over them to see what prereq I need to get in order to build them. What I'm saying is some of the buildings that I can build, have icons that are naturally shaded to the point they appear unbuildable.

I'm just saying it would be nice if it was a bit more obvious, that's all.

A picture/screen shot will show what you mean and give us modders something to work with. ;) There are a lot of buildings and maybe it is not a problem on our rig because we are used to what is there. A screen shot showing the problem and a list of offending buttons would be even more help. Without it who knows what to change.

The main problem with any new unit is graphics. Otherwise it fits in OK, I would suggest as a special early spearman unit.

Top Bottom