Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

It used to exist. If I remember correctly, but then it might have been in Civ III, as I am getting old.;)
:lol: Whipper snapper young'un! :mischief: :D

I need to see if my CDs of Civ III will install on win 10. Been ages since I played it.

Cant see what Siam researching in diplo-tab but can wit spy via sabotage research. Kind of exploit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    302.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
@Thunderbrd Are you going to separate units and their upgrades tech wise, if they are less than three columns apart?
That is it doesn't make sense for upgrade of unit to be on same column or one/two columns after that unit.
Either that upgrade could be removed or upgrade chains could be split.

For example unit is unlocked on column X, and its upgrade is on column X too, or X+1/X+2

@Thunderbrd Are you going to separate units and their upgrades tech wise, if they are less than three columns apart?
That is it doesn't make sense for upgrade of unit to be on same column or one/two columns after that unit.
Either that upgrade could be removed or upgrade chains could be split.

For example unit is unlocked on column X, and its upgrade is on column X too, or X+1/X+2
Depends on the speed (for X+1/2; for X still doesn't make any sense whatsoever).
On Eternity (and past Ancient), you might be able to build a formidable army of initial units way before you can upgrade them (if the upgrade tech needs several additional side techs to be researched, and it DOES happen at times).
But on faster speeds this IS stupid, since it take a very short time to research techs in comparison to building AND utilizing units.
It would be stupid to spend several turns on building the initial units, only to upgrade them in the next 5-10 turns anyways.
Except for Eternity, where this is less likely to happen.
But still better to just avoid it altogether.
Just saying.

My proposal for improvement of gameplay:

To avoid spamming new cities, settlers (all types) should be national units (max number: 1) - like a Tribe (from Prehistoric Era).

Global value of science should be some kind of "logarithm".
At this moment if you have 1, 10, 100 cities so your science output is (in average) 1, 10, 100 time faster.
Maybe it should be square root from total science output? That case will be reduced to (in average) 1, 3.16, 10 time faster.
Number of cities will no longer be main thing what determine civilization power.
Same with global culture/espionage/etc.

Sorry for my English, if I wrote something wrong.

did something happen to the disease and crime by any chance?? i have always built ALL building , and never had to have this many Dr's and Law people before in each city??

Are you on a higher difficulty than usual? What traits do you currently have? This is unlikely, but is an AI with the unsanitary trait sending units to your cities?

On an unrelated note, to avoid double posting, does Donald Trump really deserve to be a great merchant? I was surprised to see him in the game (as anything other than a criminal).

Are you on a higher difficulty than usual? What traits do you currently have? This is unlikely, but is an AI with the unsanitary trait sending units to your cities?

On an unrelated note, to avoid double posting, does Donald Trump really deserve to be a great merchant? I was surprised to see him in the game (as anything other than a criminal).
who ever put trump in the game Please get RID of it thx .. .SO . .

and 2 the Q above no 2 each .. Normal on default. .
We have Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin too.
Lil bandit Trump is saint anarchist compared to them ;)

Also there are probably more names, that could be removed from great people pool.

Last edited:
We have Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin too.
Lil bandit Trump is saint anarchist compared to them ;)

Also there are probably more names, that could be removed from great people pool.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be a great merchant because he is a bad person (though I believe he is), but rather because he is a bad businessman. The dude bankrupts every business he runs (to the ground). He is only rich because of what he inherited; which is true of most rich people, but it is especially notable for Trump because he simply isn't good at managing money.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be a great merchant because he is a bad person (though I believe he is), but rather because he is a bad businessman. The dude bankrupts every business he runs (to the ground). He is only rich because of what he inherited; which is true of most rich people, but it is especially notable for Trump because he simply isn't good at managing money.
Ah, I wasn't sure if this was about ethics or competence.

So most likely there are more names, that could be removed from game (or just from specific places) for being incompetent.
For example Dalai Lama shouldn't be used as Great General name.

Last edited:
did something happen to the disease and crime by any chance?? i have always built ALL building , and never had to have this many Dr's and Law people before in each city??
Why are all your Patrols on only 1st level Crime stop Promo. They should all be at least 2nd level if not 3rd level. You forgetting to use the upgrades on upping crime fighting? Sure looks like it.

And If you want Trump removed then Hitler, Stalin, and any Clinton also removed. Can't have it both way SO.

I also find the event for the Political gaff using Bush offensive too!. You can not start politicizing this mod.
:lol: this is rich! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::rotfl:

Ah, I wasn't sure if this was about ethics or competence.

So most likely there are more names, that could be removed from game (oe just from spwcific places) for being incompetent.
For example Dalai Lama shouldn't be used as Great General name.
Some Great People name-job correlations are weird, to say the least.
But I don't exactly CARE, lol.

And If you want Trump removed then Hitler, Stalin, and any Clinton also removed. Can't have it both way SO.

I also find the event for the Political gaff using Bush offensive too!. You can not start politicizing this mod.

:lol: this is rich! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::rotfl:
Atomic/Information era politics generally tend to be dumpster fire :D

Democracies and other similar governments are like immunocompromised people in middle of pandemic :lol:

Nope i advance/Promo as soon as possible, usually next turn and they all started with nothing . . .

well lets put it this way NO political figure that is still in office, thats Pres/Prime Min/dictator etc, u can add AFTER they have they served / /
There is Trump Tower in game, Trump related things seems to be added before he became president.

Nope i advance/Promo as soon as possible, usually next turn and they all started with nothing . . .
So all these Patrols are New builds? You did not upgrade a single One from an earlier form of LE??? If so Why Not??

Top Bottom