Caveman 2 Cosmos

Is ETA for v14 still projected for next weekend? Want to see how the AI and Jungle Camp is progressing.

JosEPh

was it in this mod that a "galactic era" with accompanying screen was developed? Or am I wrong?
Looking promising, will try when the next wave of civplaying hits.

V12: 1.03 Gb
V13: 956.69 Mb

Is this right? New version smaller than previous?
Is that the folder size or the compression size? Compression can vary. There might have been some sort of optimization in the usage of code and graphics.

Anyway, I'm thinking of making a State of Emergency (or maybe DEFCON) civic category, (if you can, please tell me if this isn't already accomplished by a set of different civics, and other suggestions/tweaks).
Is there a way to prioritize the options of a civic over another?

Anyway, my ideas:
Spoiler :
All Clear: No Effects

State of Emergency: -80% :gold:, No Inflation, Cities Take 50% more time to grow, +125% Military Unit :hammers:, Can draft 5 units a turn, Improvements take -60% time to make, +4 national stability, +2 :mad: in all cities, +20 War :mad:

Note that SoE is enabled by bronze working, because that enables despotism, the second government civic. (based on research, it goes back to roman times)

Please suggest any tweaks, a better idea, and once you've done that, I'll get started, as it should only take a day.

Is that the folder size or the compression size? Compression can vary. There might have been some sort of optimization in the usage of code and graphics.

Anyway, I'm thinking of making a State of Emergency (or maybe DEFCON) civic category, (if you can, please tell me if this isn't already accomplished by a set of different civics, and other suggestions/tweaks).
Is there a way to prioritize the options of a civic over another?

Anyway, my ideas:
Spoiler :
All Clear: No Effects

State of Emergency: -80% :gold:, No Inflation, Cities Take 50% more time to grow, +125% Military Unit :hammers:, Can draft 5 units a turn, Improvements take -60% time to make, +4 national stability, +2 :mad: in all cities, +20 War :mad:

Note that SoE is enabled by bronze working, because that enables despotism, the second government civic.

Please suggest any tweaks, a better idea, and once you've done that, I'll get started, as it should only take a day.

Here is the normal DEFCON levels:

• Defense condition Exercise term Description Readiness Color
    DEFCON 5 FADE OUT Lowest state of readiness Normal readiness Blue
    DEFCON 4 DOUBLE TAKE Increased intelligence watch and strengthened security measures Above normal readiness Green
    DEFCON 3 ROUND HOUSE Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness Medium readiness Yellow
    DEFCON 2 FAST PACE Further increase in force readiness, but less than maximum readiness War readiness Red
    DEFCON 1 COCKED PISTOL War is imminent. Maximum readiness White

Here is the normal DEFCON levels:

• Defense condition Exercise term Description Readiness Color
    DEFCON 5 FADE OUT Lowest state of readiness Normal readiness Blue
    DEFCON 4 DOUBLE TAKE Increased intelligence watch and strengthened security measures Above normal readiness Green
    DEFCON 3 ROUND HOUSE Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness Medium readiness Yellow
    DEFCON 2 FAST PACE Further increase in force readiness, but less than maximum readiness War readiness Red
    DEFCON 1 COCKED PISTOL War is imminent. Maximum readiness White
Thanks. If you reckon that DEFCON is the way to go, I'll get started.

That's a great civic chain idea guys but is it possible to make it NOT take any revolution? Such adjustments would not preclude the need for massive social upheaval and government restructuring.

That's a great civic chain idea guys but is it possible to make it NOT take any revolution? Such adjustments would not preclude the need for massive social upheaval and government restructuring.
That's already been implemented in the GST civics, with the variable
Code:
<iAnarchyLength>0</iAnarchyLength>
and that's the default with DEFCON as well.

That's already been implemented in the GST civics, with the variable
Code:
<iAnarchyLength>0</iAnarchyLength>
and that's the default with DEFCON as well.

Speaking of the GST civic. I a not getting all of them on screen. Which is strange since there are others with as many choices.

Speaking of the GST civic. I a not getting all of them on screen. Which is strange since there are others with as many choices.

Yeah i know, all you have to do for NOW, until i can figure out how to lengthen the Civic screen:blush:, is look at the icon on TOP of the page, and the ones that you cant see on the NORMAL screen are listed there, and they do work from there also.

EDIT: If you want to KEEP, Australia as a civ, with the NEW v14 coming out i only have ONE Custom Civ, so YOU will have to keep it, and place it in the new one, because i will be deleting it from the new version, it will WORK ok with new version, i just dont have the room in the FREE upload/download websites to have too many is all.

Funnily enough, this works with my version perfectly :confused:. oh well

BTW here is Defcon module, just merge it with my current module folder (VineFynn).

Attachments

• VineFynn.zip
    16.2 KB · Views: 44
What are the stats for each of the civics?

Spoiler :
DEFCON 5:
  • N/A

DEFCON 4:
  • -1 :traderoute:
  • +10% Military :hammers:

DEFCON 3:
  • +10% Improvement Build Speed
  • No Foreign :traderoute:
  • -1 :traderoute:
  • +1 :mad: in all cities
  • +20% Military :hammers:

DEFCON 2:
  • +10% Improvement Build Speed
  • -3 :traderoute:
  • +3 :mad: in all cities,
  • +40% Military :hammers:
  • -1 National rebelliousness
  • +1 :) Per Military in City
  • No Foreign Corporations
  • +20% Pop :food: needs
  • Can Train Corp. Spread

DEFCON 1:
  • +1 Free XP
  • +5% :gp: General Emergence
  • +25% Improvement Build Speed
  • -4 :traderoute:
  • +3 :mad: in all cities,
  • +100% Military :hammers:
  • -2 National rebelliousness
  • +1 :) Per Military in City
  • No Foreign Corporations
  • +40% Pop :food: needs
  • No Inflation
  • Can Train Corp. Spread

Tweak or w/e for next update, I've done the best I can, but I'm sure I've left something out or haven't balanced right.

Why it it jump from 40% Military to 100%? I would think 50% or 80% would be the next step.

Whenever "we" hit DefCon 2 it was 90%.

Spoiler :
What is DEFCON?

The defense readiness condition (DEFCON) is a measure of the activation and readiness level of the United States Armed Forces. It describes progressive postures for use between the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the commanders of unified commands. DEFCONs are matched to the situations of military severity.

Standard peacetime protocol is DEFCON 5, descending in increasingly severe situations. DEFCON 1 represents expectation of actual imminent attack, and is not known to have ever been declared. During the Cold War, DEFCON 1 was feared because it would most likely precede an all-out nuclear war.

In a national state of emergency, seven different alert conditions known as LERTCONs can be issued. They consist of five Defense Conditions and two Emergency Conditions (EMERGCONs).
DEFCON 5

This is the condition used to designate normal peacetime military readiness. An upgrade in military preparedness is typically made by the Joint Chiefs of Staff and announced by the United States Secretary of Defense.
DEFCON 4

This refers to normal, increased intelligence and the heightening of national security measures.
DEFCON 3

This refers to an increase to force readiness above normal. Radio call signs used by American forces change to currently classified call signs. This was reached after 9/11.
DEFCON 2

This refers to a further increase in force readiness just below maximum readiness. The most notable time it was declared was during the Cuban Missile Crisis, although the declaration was limited to Strategic Air Command. It is not certain how many times this level of readiness has been reached.
DEFCON 1

This refers to maximum readiness. It is not certain whether this has ever been used, but it is reserved for imminent or ongoing attack on US military forces or US territory by a foreign military power.

Uncompressed size follows the same pattern.

V12: 2703836790
V13: 2350744568

Maybe changes from V12 to V13 where severe enough to make the new version smaller than previous.

Uncompressed size follows the same pattern.

V12: 2703836790
V13: 2350744568

Maybe changes from V12 to V13 where severe enough to make the new version smaller than previous.

It might also have been the one were i took out the extra leaderheads.

One question. Are extra long movies still compatible with v.13? I get dozen of errors when I try to start civ4 c2c with them...

Sorry i haven't used them, since they take up to much memory to use. Praetyr what say you?

Hi! I created an account for 2 reasons: to say thank you for creating & maintaining this wonderful modpack and to drop a note that I've created an alternative .torrent download for the mod.

It took ages for me to download through the original file link, thus I thought I'd save other people from the pain by providing a .torrent option. It can be found here:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6541033/Caveman_2_Cosmos_version_13_(Civ_4_Mod)

Feel free to add the link to the front page.

I will seed for at least till the end of July and will try to post newer versions of the modpack when they're released (on vacation nearly the whole August though).

Top Bottom