Caveman 2 Cosmos

I think so :confused:
I just got a weird Revolution thing: it said 'financial trouble' as one of the negative things to my national stability, aaaand I have 100%research and +31 gpt..
(Picture too wide)

My brother and I are both getting XML errors with v19 on our separate systems. This is the first release we've ever had troubles with. Here's hoping v20 works.

So I can't build Culture (America) in Washington DC even though I'm playing as Roosevelt? :crazyeye:

Your starting Native culture will depend on the country, not the leader. But as JWitti said, when you conquer a city with a different native culture that opens up new culture UUs, Heros, and boosts to certain Wonder productions. In the early game you may have some choices, you can't afford to capture the city due to Civic limits, but you want to keep it around to capture it later for the different native culture. So you destroy as many troops and improvements, post a sentry, and wait for the Civics upgrade to finish the job.

I also look at potential cultures when planning new cities. "OK, I can grab European culture from my neighbor, which unlocks Celtic culture, and there is a site with sheep and forest. Then I can build the Celtic heros."

For me so far (C2C_Terra, gigantic, Emperor w/ Aggressive AI) the Heroes are the best reward of the culture. Especially the National heros and their achievements. YMMV.

I just got a weird Revolution thing: it said 'financial trouble' as one of the negative things to my national stability, aaaand I have 100%research and +31 gpt..

Same here, 100% research +69 gpt, 335BC, and still have "financial trouble" Of course I did use Collateralised Debt Obligations and derivates to achieve +69 gpt. I wonder if this is instead due to the Economy Civic?

I just got a weird Revolution thing: it said 'financial trouble' as one of the negative things to my national stability, and I have 100%research and +31 gpt.. (picture is too wide. . . . . )

Same here, 100% research +69 gpt, 335BC, and still have "financial trouble" Of course I did use Colaberlized Debt Obligations and derivatives to achieve +69 gpt. I wonder if this is instead due to the Economy Civic?

see below post by DH.

I might be wrong here, just taking a stab at this for now, but from what i see in the pic and what WtW just said you both have :gold: plus have a surplus coming in. BUT (isnt there always a but) i believe its certain "cities" that has the problems and NOT your "whole" civ, and that is what is reflected in the top left corner of the map? Again i might be wrong here:confused:

If it is just a problem with certain cities, then why does it affect the entire empire (as the "financial stability" modifier affects empire stability)? Also, does anyone know how exactly the financial stability modifier works?

Financial Trouble is empire wide it occurs if
- tax rate goes above 40% (not the case in your screen shot where it is 0%) or
- negative income for too long (again not the case here) or
- your total cash on hand is too low for too long. iirc it is about 3000 per era which means you need about 9000 in the classic period.

It is also slow to change. In your image it was a very low priority problem which would not be contributing much to rev sentiment.

No, I've benn fighting Persian Rebels once every 20 turns or so... I'm razing it next time and building a new city on it's spot :devil::mwaha:

Balance much better in current version. No more zillions of gold, i like that.

Same old bug occured again - Germany, having 31 cities goes anarchism ... all cities get massive unhappiness etc. Well, it didn't show in messages tab changing civic to anarchism, but at some point i noticed massive unhappiness in their cities ...

Need savegame?

p.s. sorry - he have chiefdom, not anarchism. nonetheless it's weird.
p.p.s. Another one - Cyrus adopts chiefdom (among other civics) ... having 32 cities and developing divine right ... Something not right about AI choice of civics.

Chiefdom has an unhappiness penalty for each city over, like, two. It's like +2 in all cities for each city over limit.. so if it's two and you have 31 then you have a +58 unhappy in ALL CITIES

Hello,

Now on C2C v19!

I reall have a doubt.

I have ibory and Elephan Trainer, but I am unable to create Elephant workers.
Also created Elephant Breeder. But no E worker....

Something missing or a bug?

I'd look in the civilopedia at the entry for the elephant worker to make sure the city has every prerequisite.. it took me forever to figure out that I didn't have a sail weaver in my ship-building city, which is why I couldn't build a shipwright :crazyeye:

v19 is an absolute CTD galore. I'm in late Renaissance era and now it's practically unplayable. I'm playing on a large map(made with Planet Generator 0.68) with 8 AI opponents(1 of which has been eliminated early in the game) starting with Prehistoric Era. I can't really do anything anymore without getting a CTD, but the most sure-fire way to get one is to try and zoom out all the way. This gets a CTD 100% of the time.

Now things could get pretty choppy when zooming out and the turns would take a fair while on v18(not that it doesn't with v19), but at least I could play the game. The comparison I made between v18 and v19 here is on a map with virtually identical settings.

My PC specs are 4GB Ram, i7 920, GTX285, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Has there been issued a list of updates for v19?
I'm d/l right now and would like to know what to look forward to (and try out ;) )

Yes in the 2nd post.

Hello,

Now on C2C v19!

I reall have a doubt.

I have ibory and Elephan Trainer, but I am unable to create Elephant workers.
Also created Elephant Breeder. But no E worker....

Something missing or a bug?

Did you discover "Plough" tech yet? Work Elephants, Work Mules and Work Oxen all require it to be built.

Typo: Every instance where it says "Alter" instead of "Altar" which is most of them

Typo: Sailing tech still says Can Build Becon but the improvement's name has been changed to Beacon.

Typo: Sailing tech still says Can Build Becon but the improvement's name has been changed to Beacon.

Thx DH has just fixed it in the SVN, so thx to both.

Is choose religions compatible with divine prophets? considering how I think it was done in the XML I don't think so, but I had to ask... I guess I'm too involved in my current game to go find out (or I'm lazy)

Is choose religions compatible with divine prophets? considering how I think it was done in the XML I don't think so, but I had to ask... I guess I'm too involved in my current game to go find out (or I'm lazy)

Yes it is. Divine Prophets is not compatible with Limited Religions however.

Top Bottom