Caveman 2 Cosmos

I started the downloads before I hit the sheets, so let me get some coffee in me and I'll have a looksee....

They are there (i believe) but you manually have to go into the MLF and change it from 0 to 1, because its off by default.

im sorry what is MLF :blush:?

No biggy, good question. . . (look at attached screenies) I didnt look for the food one sorry.

thanks it worked ill think ill look for the rest

edit: ok sorry it didnt work i set it to one and it doesnt show up!!!!! :(

thanks it worked ill think ill look for the rest

edit: ok sorry it didnt work i set it to one and it doesnt show up!!!!! :(

Yes it does, but you can do any of the stuff you think you can, its not completely set-up yet, its just the main interface that you can see certain things is all for now.

Yes it does, but you can do any of the stuff you think you can, its not completely set-up yet, its just the main interface that you can see certain things is all for now.

oh i see well ill just wait till v 24 then sorry for spamming (if i did :p)

edit: ok this is still weird, i have it set on one and i still found my first city like in previous ver.
that's not suppose to happen right?

I started the downloads before I hit the sheets, so let me get some coffee in me and I'll have a looksee....

Installed and loading my game that crashed to see if this fixes it....

:crossfingers:

Okay, was able to download v23 again and it loaded with no error! Yay!
A couple of things I noticed but they are not too important; I'm playing as Tibet and the civ color went from yellow to purple. In BUG, I chose to not show uncontructable buildings and units and not display obsolete units and buildings but they are still showing up.

Okay, was able to download v23 again and it loaded with no error! Yay!
A couple of things I noticed but they are not too important; I'm playing as Tibet and the civ color went from yellow to purple. In BUG, I chose to not show unconstructable buildings and units and not display obsolete units and buildings but they are still showing up.

Yeah the color thing happened to me now twice, i have informed the Koshling, but i think its a python thing whereas only two really know python really really good, AIAndy and Dancing Hoskuld (who is gone for 2 weeks).

Small question, if I may.

During the golden age food requirements for a city to grow are significantly lowered. What's game mechanics behind that?

Gah I just tried downloading the latest upload of V23 Part 1 and 2 and im still getting the XML error on start up :( Should I just try redownloading it and pray it works or something? Cause apparently other people seem to not be getting the error though it will be my 4th attempt at redownloading.

Gah I just tried downloading the latest upload of V23 Part 1 and 2 and im still getting the XML error on start up :( Should I just try redownloading it and pray it works or something? Cause apparently other people seem to not be getting the error though it will be my 4th attempt at redownloading.

One thing to remember you cant have another version of C2C in the mod folder, place 1 then override with part 2. And thx for trying, and Welcome to CFC.

Yay got it working! I tried what you said Strategy but it still didnt work, then out of the blue I decided to look at RoM's folders to see how it looks compared to C2C and I realized everything in part 2 is suppose to be in the assets folder, moved everything over and it worked flawlessly.

Update!

Currently on the SVN, Limited Religions and Divine Prophets have been made fully compatible. Note, however, that if you play with both on, you will not be getting a free prophet when first to a religious tech. It will thus take some planning to make sure you get a prophet to found a religion with. Since you only get one religion for the entirety of the game, this seemed appropriate.

Let me know if you see any odd or inefficient behaviors by the ai in regards to these options. Currently, on any Divine Prophet setting, the ai will hold on to one prophet until its favorite religion is founded (hopefully he founds it with that prophet) and once it has been, will go on and use it in the next best manner.

During the golden age food requirements for a city to grow are significantly lowered. What's game mechanics behind that?

To answer my own question:

from A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml

<!--Afforess:
How much Golden Ages lower the food requirement for city growth-->
<Define>
<DefineName>GOlDEN_AGE_PERCENT_LESS_FOOD_FOR_GROWTH</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>-25</iDefineIntVal>

So, in golden age cities require 25% less food to grow.

This looks very counterintuitive to me. In prehistoric era golden age affects city growth too much. For example, I have another 20 turns before my city will grow to size 2, now I've got Cave Dwelling and on next turn I will have size 2 city. On another hand, let's say I'm in golden age and there are 3 turns before city growth, golden age ends and here I am with another 30 turns to wait. I think that provokes unneeded and unintuitive micromanagement with counting turns to adjust golden age start.

I will remove that modifier in my games, but please tell me, what's reasoning behind it? May be it would be better to add some extra food every turn while in golden age? Then there will be no such huge leaps in number of turns for a city to grow when golden age starts or ends.

What do you think?

Yay got it working! I tried what you said Strategy but it still didnt work, then out of the blue I decided to look at RoM's folders to see how it looks compared to C2C and I realized everything in part 2 is suppose to be in the assets folder, moved everything over and it worked flawlessly.

This has been stated a few times in various posts in various threads. I really think the first post should be edited to say this. Anyway, after I d/l the file I made a new .7z file that has the files in the correct folder for my own personal use later if I ever delete and want to reinstall later but don't want to redownload (everything I d/l gets copied to DVD for later use as I have a inconsistent internet connection).

Top Bottom