Caveman 2 Cosmos

Not quite sure if this is the right place, but I'm new to C2C, and have some questions on how exactly crime works:

1. I understand that there are +/- crime buildings, but how exactly is the crime level calculated? If I have more - crime buildings than +, will the crime number eventually go down to zero?

2. Also, if I have a crime level above 0 in a city, will the crime buildings whose crime requirement is lesser than the crime level always be present, or is there just a random chance from turn to turn that they will be present. For example, soliciting exists above 1 - will it be present every turn that a city has a crime level above 1?

3. In the properties panel, what does the number in bracket mean? For example, in a recently settled city, the crime level was 15(+3), but the tooltip said that I had +0 from constant building sources?

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, and thanks for your help! :)

the properties show your current crime. eg: 15 <-- crime (+3) <-- change this turn.
Certain buildings gives +crime per turn, some decrease per turn.
When you have a high crime rate they start causing angry citizens etc (im no expert but this is the jist), however high crime also allows for unique buildings etc
So i guess its somewhat of a tradeoff, pros and cons. You certainly don't want high crime in all of your cities.

Yeah i just looked and i see there are some of the normal 1 point people out again doing there usual stuff again on how good the mod is, geez.:sad: I mean 7 out of 10, come on now!!

Well, you can't do anything about the trolls, just ignore them.

Well, you can't do anything about the trolls, just ignore them.

Well what we can do is create an account there and vote on the mod..it only takes 5 minutes.

very good morning! first of all thank the titanic work you have done with this great mod.
as a second question, I would like to perform a translation, since I am Spanish and English is something wrong with me (these words are from google translator LOL) I started to translate file by file assets / XML / Text. I guess there will be no problems in terms of crashes since I went without problems AND after a translation homemade

and a third point of course ask permission from the creators and comment, that upon completion the translation (probably take months), put at your disposal.

ps: google probably my words do not translate well to 100%, so forgive me lol, the Spanish translation of the game does not leave many bugs

I, for one, would think it wonderful if you were to translate to Spanish all our text files! It'd be nice if we could get you set up on the SDK so you could update them as you go. I'd normally tell you to PM Koshling to get that setup done but he's on a break for the next month or so. I'm not sure if SO can help you with that...

very good morning! first of all thank the titanic work you have done with this great mod.
as a second question, I would like to perform a translation, since I am Spanish and English is something wrong with me (these words are from google translator LOL) I started to translate file by file assets / XML / Text. I guess there will be no problems in terms of crashes since I went without problems AND after a translation homemade

and a third point of course ask permission from the creators and comment, that upon completion the translation (probably take months), put at your disposal.

ps: google probably my words do not translate well to 100%, so forgive me lol, the Spanish translation of the game does not leave many bugs

If you post a compressed file of each file or group of files as you do them then one of us can merge them into the beta (SVN) and tell you if any new ones have been added to the file that you may have missed.;) Doing it on a group of files at a time means we are continually improving and getting it done as we can rather than having one big job to do at the end.

I suggest you start a new thread Perhaps called "C2C Spanish Translation". Then you post your translations and the modders respond volunteering to merge a set you have posted. When they have it on the SVN they can also inform you so you can remove old files from the thread. They can also warn you about text that may have been missed.

The good thing about doing it this way is that others can do Spanish translations also, negotiation with you on which files they will do.

If you post a compressed file of each file or group of files as you do them then one of us can merge them into the beta (SVN) and tell you if any new ones have been added to the file that you may have missed.;) Doing it on a group of files at a time means we are continually improving and getting it done as we can rather than having one big job to do at the end.

I suggest you start a new thread Perhaps called "C2C Spanish Translation". Then you post your translations and the modders respond volunteering to merge a set you have posted. When they have it on the SVN they can also inform you so you can remove old files from the thread. They can also warn you about text that may have been missed.

The good thing about doing it this way is that others can do Spanish translations also, negotiation with you on which files they will do.

I think good idea, for now I'm starting, but in a week I could upload some and start a new topic. will try to organize a list of groups of files and so go in order and make things easier for those who want to join the work.

thanks a greeting and said in a week or so will try to take up the translation, taking advantage of now I have time.

I have now tried 3 downloads of both parts, and installed and reinstalled several times. I get a message about wrong XML files and can get no further. Can you help please? I see there have been others in the same boat!

Top Bottom