1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Daedwartin

Daedwartin Emperor

Yes... This mod is massive and understands only it's ambition to become effective a de facto expansion...with each 5 updates the equal of a expansion.

2. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Seriously. How can one fix something if they are not aware of the issue? :crazyeye: The only way any of us can fix bugs is for people to report them. Likewise I think we do a damn fine job considering we all do this for free.

So thank you everyone on the team and everyone who has reported bugs. With out you we could not make C2C the awesome mod it is today.

3. Vaya

Vaya Chieftain

The mod is awesome, but the more useless buildings you are adding to it (and there are plenty of them)the less funny it gets and less competent AI is to keep up with human players.. Endless and endless city management even with city queues and poor AI is what prevents this to become absolutely best mod ever made. I would really appreciate a possibility to somehow allow player to pick buildings which he simply doesn't want to be offered to build in city screen and perhaps even let him prohibit AI to build them the same way.

I recently played Rhyes and Fall of Civilization - Europe and its way better in the matter of warfare and world is much more alive there. New Empires unexpectedly dawn from the ashes of former empires. Although its completely different mod and revolutions are kinda scripted there but they work well. You cannot expand more than stability of your empire allows you or cities will start declaring independence without warning and you will get to civil war. On the contrary its quite easy to handle your empire together in C2C. And Im not sure if its a good thing to be able to spread your culture this easily because AI doesnt use cultural units(except for great artists). I take a few units spreading culture with me on every city conquest and the same turn I take city the riot is gone. Then I quickly send there buttload of them until my culture is significant and in the meantime I move my stack to another city..

Otherwise I really appreciate what you are doing here, you did great job with improving speed and stability and tech tree is just something that man will fall in love with as soon as future techs are done. Oh yea and I cant wait for multimaps..

Btw will v27 be out this weekend?

4. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

@all:

I am currently in the process of uploading V27. Given that it clocks in at 950 MB, and needs approval, it should be available in 4 to 6 hours.

5. Khadras

Khadras Chieftain

I'm happy waiting!

6. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

*removed*

7. SteelSterling

SteelSterling Prince

Filefront states it's unavailable at the moment. Is it because so many are downloading it or is there some probem?

8. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Probably because ModDB needs to send them the file. I suspect it will all be working very soon.

9. SteelSterling

SteelSterling Prince

Makes sense, guess I'll just have to wait! Hard to believe it's been 20 versions since I first stumbled upon C2C! You guys are great!

10. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Now this is a very good idea that I have been wanting for while but did not quit know how to ask for. Basically it would be nice to a set of "Don't ever show buildings" by game and another one for cities. For example I only want to build barracks and military schools in my military cities so I would like to get them out of the build in every other city just to remove the clutter. Similarly the only reason I build traps is to get them out of the list - so being able to remove them from at least my side of the game would be nice.

There is a mod we could include for doing exactly this, StrategyOnly asked me to do so a couple of times, but I did not understand the why behind it and just thought it was another version of something we already had. It would work well for scripted history, I am not so sure of its usefulness in a random history.

This is an ongoing problem. We have tried a number of things but have not come to a satisfactory conclusion. Many people don't want this aspect at all.

This is a known issue. The Story Teller line has been around since RoM but the AI doesn't know how to use it and it is OP anyway. We have tasks in to fix it, and we (not just me this time) will get to it.

12. SteelSterling

SteelSterling Prince

Still not available?

13. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

See the pic. Click the first link to get the d/l to appear.

Attached Files:

14. MasterJoKeR

MasterJoKeR Chieftain

Cant you upload somewhere else because Gamefront stinks and im banned from Desura.

15. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

It's gone now from ModDB as well. :mad: Someone needs to work out these technical difficulties.

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Sometimes someone comes along and creates a seed but I personally think its just easiest if you have difficulties like this to grab the SVN. Besides, once you've done so, you can EASILY update to the latest mod team copy if you have a bug problem and it gets fixed.

To do this, just follow the instructions on the first page of the SVN thread in this forum.

17. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Then dont dl from anyplace but Moddb, sometimes it takes about a minute for the save pop-up to show up.

I just looked twice now and it been there both times???:confused:

You need to d/l from CFC d/l area.

18. Taxman66

Taxman66 King

I had to click on the 'try another mirror' link to the right of the gamefront link. From there I chose the ModDB with the most available capacity and then I got the pop-up

19. TheDisco

TheDisco Warlord

Download doesn't work for me. I click all the links and eventually get to a page that says: <snip>

EDIT: Never mind, I registered for moddb and was able to get it from a moddb mirror. It did NOT work from gamefront though needed to use a moddb mirror...

20. wolfensoul9

wolfensoul9 Warlord

Okay, seriously, what's the joke? Contrary to what strategyonly keeps saying, I see no link to download it from modB, and that gamefront place keeps saying it isn't available.