1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. rwglaub

rwglaub Prince

About one in three times when I open WorldBuilder I get a MAF. The message is: bad allocation.

2. Sir Shfvingle

Sir Shfvingle Chieftain

Ah, thank you. I upgraded to 3.19 ingame. I'll try to do it separately.

3. makotech222

makotech222 Warlord

Will there ever be a concerted effort to reduce building spam? Midway through the game, theres tons of buildings available to build, and its taking up a lot of turn time to process it all.

I'd like to see some of the buildings auto-built (perhaps after a tech, or city size) or just merged together.

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There is discussions on having buildings built in new cities after you get a tech. It has not gotten very far yet.

5. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

6. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

I have mentioned better group management of buildings before.
    Grouping according to collections(resources, lines like ship building, tech advancement(arrows to lasers), to create a product(iron mining all the way to steel production for example), and power production(fire to fusion), etc.

I also think grouping of buildings in both city management and building orders will make automating the management of some many buildings much easier. Have obsolete buildings still exist(in case of resource or technical challenges(like dark or post-apocalyptic ages) but become greyed out or grouped when viewed. Just because a technology is obsolete doesn't mean it completely goes away (bookstores and printing will still be around, just no longer dominant). Notice we still have paper and paper making facilities.

You also have categories of buildings: religious, money producing, trade/commerce/financial, science, power, food, military, government, etc. and these should be easily sorted in city and building order menus to make things easier to prioritize and identify.

You should have sorting, colored selections, grouping, and easy to access buttons to manage and automate/micromanage these as you wish.

7. makotech222

makotech222 Warlord

Yeah it would be extremely nice to have a redo of the buildings to make them much more organized, with proper trees.

8. edingess

edingess Warlord

9. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Yeah, that certainly isn't happening. We have much better things to do than go through and reorganize/re-stat all buildings again. We did that 3 times last year.

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I think makotech222 is referring to the way the buildings are being displayed in the city screen when you are making a build queue for the city. Unfortunately I don't think there is much more that we can do there, beyond explain how to use the various buttons, options and drop downs.

Although filters for the newer properties should be possible. It would also be nice if someone could do better buttons. Something that AIAndy has been requesting "for ever":mischief:.

11. makotech222

makotech222 Warlord

I have one more problem. I disabled a bunch of modules i don't like, mostly just extra units and civs and stuff, and i now get a bunch of error messages when i open the c2c mod. It still allows me to play, but it slows down loading a lot, and its annoying when so many pop up. Is there any way to fix it?

Edit: oh, two more things: The new AI-build change doesn't seem to work for the player. I enabled AI city governor in the options, and set my city to AI control, and it doesn't seem to select anything, even meagre wealth (at beginning of game)

And second, is there a module to disable to remove the new voices for the tech quotes for the prehistoric techs? I don't like the guys voice, personally.

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Can you provide us a snip shot of one of those error messages please? Sounds like you may somehow be playing with a debug dll???

13. 12padams

12padams Prince

Sorry, that's my voice you don't like :(

Here's where they are stored: C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\C2C Release\Assets\Sounds\Tech

14. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I deleted some of the longer ones, its jut taking up to much space, sorry,

btw, what did you use to do them with, just curious, thx.

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Which modules did you disable? While not all are actually modular we do try and keep the ones that should be XML problem free, we just don't always remember to do so.

The AI changes are not for the player AI. It uses a different and dumber set of code.

16. 12padams

12padams Prince

Taking up too much space? I recorded 58 audio quotes (not all in the game) and the total of the 58 all together was 8.7 megabytes... You call that too much space?

So you know though I used audacity and a headset microphone to record them.

17. strategyonly

Actually your only looking at what you did etc, but in the "grand" scheme of things see attached: (Thats equal to if not BIGGER than all the units in C2C.)
    And again thx.

18. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Why were they deleted? Having an different audio quote is way better than having the same audio quotes over and over for every tech. Plus AstralPhaser spend a lot of time making those. I don't see anyone else stepping up to make audio quotes anymore.

EDIT: Also it sounds like makotech222 is just being a troll.

19. makotech222

makotech222 Warlord

Sorry my friend, i don't mean it to be personal or hurt your feelings. When i play the early ages in civ4, i tend to go through turns very fast, so if im getting techs every turns, the tech quotes play on top of each other and it's very annoying when i have 3 quotes playing at the same time.

@Hydromancerx No, i'm not being a troll, or at least, im not trying to be :). I don't have the error message at the moment, ill get it when i get home. Its something about the XML file not being found for the things i disabled.

20. strategyonly

I believe it was Hydro that did the NEW forges buttons, i really like them, adding in the mines, nice idea!!;):goodjob: