Caveman 2 Cosmos

What tag like this: <iAIWorldConstructPercent> (handicaps) even do?

Notepad++ found this in one of source files.
When I looked in this source file it appears as it was shifted around places and nothing more.
That is didn't saw anything math related with it.

This is what I found in modiki:
iAIWorldConstructPercent Modifies the wonders cost for AI (in percent)
(160 for chieftain, 100 for noble, 100 for deity)

iAIWorldCreatePercent Modifies the world projects cost for AI (in percent)

iAIWorldTrainPercent Modifies the world-class units cost for AI (in percent)

Last edited:
What tag like this: <iAIWorldConstructPercent> (handicaps) even do?

This is what I found in modiki:
iAIWorldConstructPercent Modifies the wonders cost for AI (in percent)

iAIWorldCreatePercent Modifies the world projects cost for AI (in percent)

iAIWorldTrainPercent Modifies the world-class units cost for AI (in percent)
The modiki answers your question, they do just that.

The modiki answers your question, they do just that.
But I didn't saw iAIWorldConstructPercent in calculations.
iAIWorldCreatePercent seems to be redundant as iAICreatePercent already changes project cost.
So looks like iAIWorldTrainPercent adjusts cost of heroes.

The Internet
First Cloned Mammal
Hubble Space Telescope
Encyclopedia
International Monetary Fund
Eden Project
Cure for Cancer
Human Genome Project
Longevity
Theory of Evolution
Theory of Everything
So team project is space ship parts?

Yes, and:
Strategic Defense Initiative
AA Missile Defenses
Laser Auto-Defenses
Anti-Missile Railgun
Apollo Program
International Space Station
International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor
So world project - benefits to whole world and team project - benefits to team.
Shouldn't be ISS and ITER be world projects so they would be usable to everyone?

Thanks. I'll report about my results here
Now building of army is possible task for AI, even siege weapons.
Unfortunately, it still can't compose stacks from these units. All units are just staying in the cities.
Control of disease and crime not working properly in early eras, until classical times.

Why this doesn't have standard speed of Normal? Snail has 12000 turns.
<Define>
<DefineName>STANDARD_GAMESPEED</DefineName>
<DefineTextVal>GAMESPEED_SNAIL</DefineTextVal>
</Define>

Doesn't changing from noble to chieftain make barbarians bit more challenging?
Or how this one works?
<Define>
<DefineName>BARBARIAN_HANDICAP</DefineName>
<DefineTextVal>HANDICAP_CHIEFTAIN</DefineTextVal>
</Define>

This tag: <Flavors> was used only 30 times in civic definitions and we have 175 civics or so.
Is it even used?

Last edited:
Why this doesn't have standard speed of Normal? Snail has 12000 turns.
<Define>
<DefineName>STANDARD_GAMESPEED</DefineName>
<DefineTextVal>GAMESPEED_SNAIL</DefineTextVal>
</Define>
It should imo be set to Normal, but it is one of those things that makes no difference to the game in any important way, so I will never bother changing it.
Doesn't changing from noble to chieftain make barbarians bit more challenging?
Or how this one works?
<Define>
<DefineName>BARBARIAN_HANDICAP</DefineName>
<DefineTextVal>HANDICAP_CHIEFTAIN</DefineTextVal>
</Define>
Yes, It should make barbs a bit more challenging, that was my intention as barb cities were ridiculously easy to handle.

It should imo be set to Normal, but it is one of those things that makes no difference to the game in any important way, so I will never bother changing it.
Yes, It should make barbs a bit more challenging, that was my intention as barb cities were ridiculously easy to handle.
Setting Barbs to Chieftain instead of Noble "may" have the opposite effect. Perhaps they should have Prince to be "tougher"? Something to test to make sure.

Setting Barbs to Chieftain instead of Noble "may" have the opposite effect. Perhaps they should have Prince to be "tougher"? Something to test to make sure.
Do you feel prince is an easier difficulty than Noble? Seriously though, all the modifiers that only affect the AI is completely ignored for the difficulty that the AI is playing on, it is the human player difficulty that can affect AI players regardless of what difficulty those AI players are on.

Do you feel prince is an easier difficulty than Noble? Seriously though, all the modifiers that only affect the AI is completely ignored for the difficulty that the AI is playing on, it is the human player difficulty that can affect AI players regardless of what difficulty those AI players are on.
Okay...so why does the AI even need a handicap setting. Or have it changed?

The Option we had at one time, an Option that shifted the AI's difficulty(was supposed to mimic Increasing Difficulty Option), it proved to be a fiasco. Just sayin'. Kind of follows this doesn't it?

But more importantly than the AI Handicap setting is this, finding out How the Barb AI gets top of the Line units, usually 2 levels above, before the player does. You have stone spear str 4 and the Barbs show up with Spearman str 6. Or you have Horsemen and the Barbs show up with Light Cavalry. That seems to be more important to me.

Last edited:
Okay...so why does the AI even need a handicap setting. Or have it changed?
Because all the non AI settings affect the player that use the difficulty regardless of that player being AI or not.
The Option we had at one time, an Option that shifted the AI's difficulty(was supposed to mimic Increasing Difficulty Option), it proved to be a fiasco. Just sayin'. Kind of follows this doesn't it?
Do you mean "Flexible Difficulty"? It is a BUG option that increases the difficulty for the scoreboard leader and decreases it for those who are falling behind. I've used it a lot and it really makes the weakest AI capable of suddenly rushing up on the scoreboard until their difficulty is raised again. I used to set it so that the AI could only be adjusted from Settler to Prince while I myself used the "Increasing Difficulty" game setup option which forced me to be in deity the entire game.

Top Bottom