1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. E.M. Lurker

E.M. Lurker Chieftain

My freshwater-lake-only-adjacent city can build canoes, war canoes, and outriggers, but nothing else that its buildings should allow it to. Does this mean that some relevant differentiation already exists? (Edit: posted without refreshing the page to see Hoskuld's reply.)

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

DH just explained that there is some ability to differentiate that I wasn't previously aware of.

E.M. Lurker likes this.
  3. Niveras

Niveras Prince

Do naval units have any kind of early blitz promotion, like hunters do with Hunter 4? I know that Blitz itself is unlocked a Military Science, in the Industrial era.

4. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

My endgame savegame suddenly decided its 1922 AD thanks to recent changes :lol:
    I like how you can pay gold to upgrade subdued animals to military units.
    Maybe subdued animals should ungraded only to animal related units?
    Now you can turn subdued land animals to land vexhicles, sea - to ships and air - to aircraft.
    Spoiler :

@Toffer90 Even with font scheme of 13-15-17-19-21 (original is 13-15-17-20-26) top left bar still overflows.
    I switched handicap to Noble but my space colonies are getting fried by crime and negative education due to lack of space property control.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  5. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

First off, you are showcasing a totally artificial scenario where you have added hundreds of millions to your treasury in worldbuilder.
    If you had achieved that amount without using the worldbuidler the value showed in the top left corner would have been:
    240M 877334 - 9921134

I think I'll change it so that when you have 1 million or more gold, then only the million part will be shown followed by a e.g 401 K,
    So the amount shown in your screenshot would then become be:
    240M 877K - 9921134
    I might even change it so that it would show like this:
    240M 877K - 9M 21K
    Then, if you want to know how many hundreds you have above the millions and thousands you will have to move the mouse cursor over the treasury chest to see a detailed treasury content.

6. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I didn't edit that value with World Builder.
    Looks like converter breaks when hurrying extremely expensive stuff or when you have income/expenses much larger than 1000 000 gold
    I have negative income now because I reduced earth city sizes with drafting.

7. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Oh, ok, I'll reformulate, without that extremely game-breaking bug, you would never have achieved those numbers. ^^
    TB will have to look at that dll bug.

raxo2222 likes this.
  8. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

-9M income subtracts only 3M income from treasury.
    I have -40M money unconverted now :p
    And 197M in form of Megagold.
    Lets see what happens if it crashes to 0.

Attached Files:

9. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Why do you keep using a broken Save game?

10. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

To see how long it can last until it is completely unusable and as stress test for game.
    Also you can click on civic and selection will stay and you can see all effects of civic, if it had long list of effects.

Now I have 133 Megagold and -150 milion gold.
    Making new engame savegame would take me two months on old settings unless I picked Blitz, Standard and Noble, then it would be two weeks or so. :p

Edit: it seems like I'm getting various events every 5 turns now or so as I wait for save to self destruct (46 Greater gold and -331 million of gold).
    Was event spawning adjusted/fixed somewhere?
    I remember that they were rare as snow on Sahara when I was doing space playtrough.
    Also turn processing feels faster - it takes minute to process turn on my endgame savegame.

My save isn't in pristine condition, as I disabled revolution in quarter way of game or so, set inflation modifier to -700% in halfway of game because I rushed industrial revolution, and disabled global unhealthiness/unhappiness from properties and crime spreading from technoanarhists now due to lack of property control in space.
    Also treasury normalized itself after running out of greater gold.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Whisperr was trying to look into the xml last night and couldn't see a solution here. Do you know why the canoe can go into a lake and a workboat can't?

12. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

This is probably the cause:
    The unitInfo tag <bPrereqBonuses>1</bPrereqBonuses> that is used for all workboats require the water area the city is connected to to have bonuses in them.
    Code:
        if (kUnit.isPrereqBonuses())
        {
            if (kUnit.getDomainType() == DOMAIN_SEA)
            {
                bool bValid = false;

for (iI = 0; iI < NUM_DIRECTION_TYPES; ++iI)
                {
                    CvPlot* pLoopPlot = plotDirection(getX_INLINE(), getY_INLINE(), ((DirectionTypes)iI));

if (pLoopPlot != NULL)
                    {
                        if (pLoopPlot->isWater())
                        {
                            if (pLoopPlot->area()->getNumTotalBonuses() > 0)
                            {
                                bValid = true;
                                break;
                            }
                        }
                    }
                }
                if (!bValid)
                {
                    return false;
                }
            }
    So a lake with no bonuses will not enable a city to train workboats.

13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Yes, After you upgrade them to Combat III. Once you promote to Combat III Blitz is then revealed.

14. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I am reviewing all hunting stuff now. Ships with hunting promotions will be able to get a blitz attack but will have the same malus against non-animal units that hunters get. When "true" hunting ships become available at Com Whaling, those ships with the hunting promotion will be able to upgrade to them or loose their hunting promotions to be replaced by others.
    They always have been. They can upgrade to any unit that is in the upgrade chain. It just depends on what tech you have. Since, in the US of A cavalry upgrades to helicopters a subdued horse can upgrade to them also. Almost every other country had their cavalry upgrade to light tank.

raxo2222 likes this.
  15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

This really shouldn't be necessary for workboats now since they do have other builds. Still... I THINK her case also had a bonus on the lake but I am not 100% sure. I will check.

16. Niveras

Niveras Prince

You may have misunderstood me, as what you said doesn't seem to be the case. I created a duel world, gave myself all techs up to (but excluding) industrial era, and a combat boat (trireme) with 1000 experience. After buying combat 3, Blitz was not yet available.

This is because, as I mentioned, Blitz itself is unlocked at Military Science in the Industrial era. I was specifically wondering whether there existed a source of Blitz for naval units earlier than that.

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Yes. I thought you were talking about Modern ie non wooden ships. AFAIK wooden ships do not get blitz nor steam ships either. What threw me off was you saying you had achieved Military Science Tech.

Blitz for wooden ships or even steamships would be way to OP. I know we have a ton of Promotions but that would be going a bit far.

18. Niveras

Niveras Prince

It's no worries. I was finding it annoying exploring the oceans because the animals. They are almost always one per tile, and worse around coasts where birds can leave land. So dense that despite the high movement of my ships they can only move a few tiles per turn, since they can only attack one animal per turn.

Land animals have this problem a little too, but this is alleviated by Hunter IV (available to normal hunters after Hunter 3 + Forestry 3) and Master Hunter allowing multiple attacks per turn.

That said, I do not suggest any changes to the animal spawn rates. I will just create "fleets" that explore together instead of only one per direction I wanted to explore.

(Per the Pedia, wood and steam ships are permitted to take blitz, but I don't know the upgrade paths to say whether they are replaced by only modern ships by the time Military Science is researched.)

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I am looking at two changes to do with ships
    1. As your ships get better they wont "see" lesser sea critters so in the modern era you will be able to travel the full distance with your ships.

2. "sea hunter" ships and promotions to let some ships see the sea critters and attack them. These "sea hunters" will get blitz early but wont be good at fighting other ships.

20. hrudey

hrudey Chieftain

You should be able to use the Stay the Hand status and simply move through the animals for the most part.