1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Done and Committed this morning.

Osk21 and Thunderbrd like this.
  2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Should be. That is the plan but plans can go awry.

Osk21 likes this.
  3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I just had a few good hours of solid playtesting and balance on numerous properties is currently excellent imo. Might be a little rich on gold after barter but I'm curious to see how it gets when I start getting cities popping out. Anyhow, it seems very smooth and stable right now so we're looking good for release. Please let's keep it that way @All.

4. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Chieftain

I started a hotseat game some days ago, mainly to test the new complex traits.
    Now I realized that I did not turn them on... I know you can edit the save file and add some options, but I couldn't figure out how.
    Anyone who could help me on this?
    I'd like to have complex traits on and (if necessary) change the traits from Tokugawa, Ghandi and Frederick to the respective Complex version.

Attached Files:

Osk21 likes this.
  5. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

You need to start new game if you want use Complex Traits.

Osk21 likes this.
  6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

@strategyonly (and anyone else who can comment)
    I'm sure not all of this is to get packaged into a release... Can you help identify what you leave out usually? I know the Notes for the next breaking of save games and the UnitMasterFileCSV probably shouldn't be included (the latter is probably horrifically out of date anyhow.)
    upload_2019-7-17_20-4-14.png

Osk21 and Acularius like this.
  7. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

I think everything in mod was included, when mod was zipped.

Osk21 likes this.
  8. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

A New Dawn is allowing me to update from their SVN but I can't get at our SVN. Has something changed on ours?

9. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

I updated SVN just fine, maybe sourceforge crashed when you tried to update.

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

I tried to update from C2C it failed, so I tried from AND and it worked. When it finished I tried from C2C and it failed again. I tried 5 times yesterday. I even checked I had the latest version of Tortoise and I do.

11. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

Do cleanup then.

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

It is not connecting.

13. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Try contacting sourceforge,
    I had a similar issue after reinstalling windows last; they replied and said that my account had ended up in a strange state specific to the C2C repository, but that they had fixed it now.
    After that it worked fine again.

14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Are you still using this: When it asks you for the repository URL enter svn+ssh://*your username here*@svn.code.sf.net/p/caveman2cosmos/code/trunk. ? If you are still using the svn+ssh: then you will have trouble as SourceForge now uses the https:.

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Yes that is what I am using. Are you saying I should replace svn+ssh: with https:? If so can you remember where it is set?

edit I went through all the options and properties :( it looks like I need to set up from scratch. :(

edit2
    well that did not work, I ended up with a virtual copy of the SVN not one I could synchronize with and final test my changes against. It also warned me not to copy files there because they would go into the actual version.

edit3 third try was the charm. unfortunately it means that I could have lost all my work since the synchronization software I use basically uses date and all the SVN stuff is new :lol: luckily I made multiple backups.

I noticed that a few art files got included into the FPKs when they probably should not. They are modders resources so need to be available directly.

Also I am not sure if the Moon Colony mod should still be in at all. If Pepper's stuff uses it then OK otherwise the whole mod should probably be removed.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  16. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Erm, my svn just updated to 10700...
    But there was no file changes since 10699 at all....
    Untitled-1.jpg
    I just find it strange is all, never seen this before. The SVN log says 10699 is the last version.

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Oh yeah, that's right, there were those that were there for that reason - I knew I had left some in there alone on purpose outside of not knowing if I could pack some file types but when Raxxo asked me why I missed them I couldn't recall offhand why I'd skipped some. THAT was why. Well... damn. You wanna point out which ones are which so he or I can fix that?

(Speak soon or it's going to be packaged as is into the release tonight.)

This could be a commit from Anq in his branch maybe?

18. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Turns out this was the case, I wouldn't have thought that the revision counter of the trunk would be used by the branches, but it looks like it is.
    Makes sense in a way when I think about it.

@Anq It was imo correct of you to post what 10700 was in the SVN thread even though it was a branch commit.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Completely agree. So... let's talk about it a bit too.

@Anq: You seem to be saying that you're almost completely done removing buildingclass as a class entirely. So what happens with all the tags that refer to buildingclass... have they all been reprogrammed to now refer to buildinginfos? I would've thought those would be done before attempting to remove the class... unless you mean you managed to port the tags that were IN buildingclass OVER to building infos? I'm not sure where you are at with it... I still need to figure out how to get the branch setup and take the time to follow your instructions there.

ALSO: @All: BillW has been setting up a git repository for us all so we'll probably be changing to that soon after release and I've asked him to write a post here on how to go about that for all of us. We will probably be leaving Tortoise behind soon depending on how this goes (which it's not working right for me since work demanded I get Dropbox installed on my computer anyhow - it takes over all the folder icons and Tortoise isn't allowed to use them anymore!!! rrrrrgh) He swears its better in every way and there's nothing keeping us from its use here soooooo... I guess we'll give it a try unless we find it cannot manage something. I think @alberts2 has been wanting this as well, right Alberts?

ALSO: I was planning to bundle the release of v39 tonight but I was up early and am exhausted now and I don't want to screw anything up so I'm gonna wait til tomorrow and hopefully I'll have some time in the morning with a fresh head.

TaylorItaly likes this.
  20. Anq

Anq Chieftain

Yes, every one of them are seeing BuildingTypes input now. Thanks to the simple nomenclature, I could find out every instance that was designed for Building Classes (basically everything, because this is the foundation for per Civilization Unique Buildings.) I've made it to compile, so there may not be too much trouble.