1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman 2 Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by strategyonly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. sunrisereader

sunrisereader Chieftain

Its a small size map with 5 AI players at the start 2 of those are still alive, new AI's being created from barbarian cities is off. I have about 50 cities the largest AI 35 and the last AI 18. gamespeed is Long. it is a Size matters game so most of my cities are guarded by a single merged stack of riflemen.

2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Well then it would seem you are playing prudently then. So many timeswhen a player has a problem that player will have the biggest of everything used and On. Then wonders why the turns are taking so long. So I ask. Details help narrow the search field for investigation purposes.

3. sunrisereader

sunrisereader Chieftain

I still have the savegames made at the end of each day of playing would those be useful for testing/balancing civics?

Is there a easy way to give all of a AI's cities and units to another i plan to do this if i win the next war and catch up with research with the AI's in my game.

4. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

[QUOTE="sunrisereader, post: 15518664, member: 265931"]I still have the savegames made at the end of each day of playing would those be useful for testing/balancing civics?

Is there a easy way to give all of a AI's cities and units to another i plan to do this if i win the next war and catch up with research with the AI's in my game.[/QUOTE]

If they are mid to late Classical and beyond then yes.

If you have Advanced Diplomacy On then yes you should be able to gift them to the AI of your choice. Of course you have to own them to gift them. ;)

5. billw2015

billw2015 Chieftain

Where were you trying to commit from? I have never seen this.

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

This is the right thread since we don't carry on further discussions in the SVN thread.

I checked out a new repository to MyDocuments->SVN->Caveman2Cosms_trunk and then ran the install batch there and it worked great.

Then I made some changes in that folder but they wouldn't commit, just gave me the error I showed you.

7. billw2015

billw2015 Chieftain

Hmm well maybe the error message is just correct, and you didn't correctly set up authorization? Like you used the read only SVN link or something? Did you maybe miss out +ssh or https?

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Maybe I did something wrong. I used the link at the beginning of the SVN thread - if that's bad we need to update it - I'd assumed we had.

9. billw2015

billw2015 Chieftain

That link is fine for players who aren't modders, it is read only though. You need to check the modders guide.

10. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Now I wonder if this was done on every DLL commit, or others are using normal DLL.

11. billw2015

billw2015 Chieftain

Why do you wonder it, and what is the conclusion if they are and if they aren't?

12. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I meant that DLL runs much faster, but its much slower to compile.
    So coders would compile normal DLL and adjust things until they feel comfortable waiting 15 minutes to compile final release DLL before committing.

13. billw2015

billw2015 Chieftain

Yeah we will all be using normal release on our own machines when testing dll changes until it comes to committing them. However until there is some evidence there is any difference between the two in behavior (other than performance) I don't think it is a problem!

raxo2222 likes this.
  14. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

@Thunderbrd @Dancing Hoskuld

Now Kidnapping correctly reduces tourism by 1.

Also this is what happens if you define thing in two or more places at once.
    That is Horse Myth was defined in two places, now it correctly loses research point at Equine Domestication - it works like Camel Myth now - that one loses research bonus at Camel Domestication.

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Actually no. That is correct for version 1 of subdued animals, we are currently on v3 with v4 being discussed. However it can stay that way for now.

raxo2222 likes this.
  16. Uriel246

Uriel246 Chieftain

Is there any way to scale the UI size??

I remember seeing something to increase the size of the building buttons. But I can't find the option and I don't know if I imagined it.

17. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

On city build screen there is button (on upper right corner), that lets you choose icon sizes.

Uriel246 likes this.
  18. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

@raxo2222 could you merge Human Sacrifice in as well. I'll look at sorting out the overly complex code at a later date.

Kuru is not supposed to be an autobuild. It should only be built if you actually eat a captive in a city and not always then also. It is part of the mission/action/outcome of eating a captive.

raxo2222 likes this.
  19. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Okay, can kuru cannibalism requirement stay here?
    So this building would disappear after cannibalism is removed.

20. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Chieftain

Hey guys!
    Just curious, is the current SVN version compatible with the V39 release version and is it "playable"? I have a multiplayer game with a repeatable CTD and I would like to check first if updating the version might fix it.