Caveman 2 Cosmos

Where were you trying to commit from? I have never seen this.
This is the right thread since we don't carry on further discussions in the SVN thread.

I checked out a new repository to MyDocuments->SVN->Caveman2Cosms_trunk and then ran the install batch there and it worked great.

Then I made some changes in that folder but they wouldn't commit, just gave me the error I showed you.

Hmm well maybe the error message is just correct, and you didn't correctly set up authorization? Like you used the read only SVN link or something? Did you maybe miss out +ssh or https?

Hmm well maybe the error message is just correct, and you didn't correctly set up authorization? Like you used the read only SVN link or something? Did you maybe miss out +ssh or https?
Maybe I did something wrong. I used the link at the beginning of the SVN thread - if that's bad we need to update it - I'd assumed we had.

Maybe I did something wrong. I used the link at the beginning of the SVN thread - if that's bad we need to update it - I'd assumed we had.
That link is fine for players who aren't modders, it is read only though. You need to check the modders guide.

• Added FinalRelease build config using global optimization. This provides a *significant* performance improvement (end turn is about 50% what it was), however it does take 15 minutes or so to build.
  • New DLL using FinalRelease. If there are problems please try the previous CL, however it has been tested and seems good.
Now I wonder if this was done on every DLL commit, or others are using normal DLL.

Why do you wonder it, and what is the conclusion if they are and if they aren't?
I meant that DLL runs much faster, but its much slower to compile.
So coders would compile normal DLL and adjust things until they feel comfortable waiting 15 minutes to compile final release DLL before committing.

I meant that DLL runs much faster, but its much slower to compile.
So coders would compile normal DLL and adjust things until they feel comfortable waiting 15 minutes to compile final release DLL before committing.
Yeah we will all be using normal release on our own machines when testing dll changes until it comes to committing them. However until there is some evidence there is any difference between the two in behavior (other than performance) I don't think it is a problem!

@Thunderbrd @Dancing Hoskuld

Now Kidnapping correctly reduces tourism by 1.

Also this is what happens if you define thing in two or more places at once.
That is Horse Myth was defined in two places, now it correctly loses research point at Equine Domestication - it works like Camel Myth now - that one loses research bonus at Camel Domestication.

@Thunderbrd @Dancing Hoskuld

Now Kidnapping correctly reduces tourism by 1.

Also this is what happens if you define thing in two or more places at once.
That is Horse Myth was defined in two places, now it correctly loses research point at Equine Domestication - it works like Camel Myth now - that one loses research bonus at Camel Domestication.
Actually no. That is correct for version 1 of subdued animals, we are currently on v3 with v4 being discussed. However it can stay that way for now.

Is there any way to scale the UI size??

I remember seeing something to increase the size of the building buttons. But I can't find the option and I don't know if I imagined it.

Is there any way to scale the UI size??

I remember seeing something to increase the size of the building buttons. But I can't find the option and I don't know if I imagined it.
On city build screen there is button (on upper right corner), that lets you choose icon sizes.

@raxo2222 could you merge Human Sacrifice in as well. I'll look at sorting out the overly complex code at a later date.

Merged Cannibalism to core.
Kuru disease now is autobuilt when you build Cannibalism Worldview.
It requires Cannibalism Worldview anywhere in empire, this requirement is locked from scaling.
Kuru is not supposed to be an autobuild. It should only be built if you actually eat a captive in a city and not always then also. It is part of the mission/action/outcome of eating a captive.

@raxo2222 could you merge Human Sacrifice in as well. I'll look at sorting out the overly complex code at a later date.

Kuru is not supposed to be an autobuild. It should only be built if you actually eat a captive in a city and not always then also. It is part of the mission/action/outcome of eating a captive.
Okay, can kuru cannibalism requirement stay here?
So this building would disappear after cannibalism is removed.

Hey guys!
Just curious, is the current SVN version compatible with the V39 release version and is it "playable"? I have a multiplayer game with a repeatable CTD and I would like to check first if updating the version might fix it.

It is compatible and playable I think. There are changes to balance and such like though particularly with early game progression rate and gold.

Okay, can kuru cannibalism requirement stay here?
So this building would disappear after cannibalism is removed.
No it should not obsolete. There should be a healer mission/action that can remove it. Need to discuss with @Thunderbrd on if it should be an automatic try like inspectors or a player/AI action like crime fighters attacking a wanted criminal.

No it should not obsolete. There should be a healer mission/action that can remove it. Need to discuss with @Thunderbrd on if it should be an automatic try like inspectors or a player/AI action like crime fighters attacking a wanted criminal.
If we are using it through Outbreaks and Afflictions, yes there are mechanisms that can enable a Healer type unit to remove it automatically, possibly even due to a promotion, possibly with a chance rather than an autosuccess, but I would urge us to embrace a simpler approach for what happens without the option on.

Top Bottom