Caveman 2 Cosmos

The CTD was fixed, but now I can't see any available buildings in my city. Also not units or anything else that could be built is shown... Any idea how to fix this?
Delete user settings folder - PPIO was merged somewhere in 107XX

I have an issues with city and global view display. When I enter informational lifestyle era now i don't see science bar on top, all the unit order descriptions are messed up and city view don't show any information about the city. any help with resolving this issue is much appreciated. i reinstalled beyond the sword and upgraded to v39 but didn't help.

the thread about interface (first post in the thread with a lot of Q&As doesn't help much since no pics are displayed. and i am not sure if this is my issue since pre informational era displayed just fine. i load a save in the modern era and everythings displays just fine.

CityView.png WorldView.png

Last edited:
I have an issues with city and global view display. When I enter informational lifestyle era now i don't see science bar on top, all the unit order descriptions are messed up and city view don't show any information about the city. any help with resolving this issue is much appreciated. i reinstalled beyond the sword and upgraded to v39 but didn't help.

the thread about interface (first post in the thread with a lot of Q&As doesn't help much since no pics are displayed. and i am not sure if this is my issue since pre informational era displayed just fine. i load a save in the modern era and everythings displays just fine.

View attachment 533502 View attachment 533503
BUG clock colouring doesn't support all eras.
See this thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/interface-partially-vanished.641514/
Link to solution is in bottom of that thread.

That is no one bothered to look at BUG clock, when eras were split.
It is in one of BUG options tab.
These pretty colors were removed in PPIO, and PPIO was merged in SVN, so this isn't problem anymore.

@billw2015 is there something standing out in this save turn processing speed wise?
It takes around 30 seconds to process turn on Duel/Noble/Normal game.

It is on AI autorun. Both civs are in Medieval era, when they should be in Industrial era.

Attachments

• AutoSave_June 12, AD-1820.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3 MB · Views: 16
Only 15s per round for me and that is on Release not FinalRelease.
Is SVN DLL Release or FinalRelease?

There should be way to check if SVN DLL is final release.
Maybe it should be put at SVN version when hovering over flag?
I'm compiling Final Release just in case.

@billw2015 is there something standing out in this save turn processing speed wise?
It takes around 30 seconds to process turn on Duel/Noble/Normal game.

It is on AI autorun. Both civs are in Medieval era, when they should be in Industrial era.
I tried running 10 turns AI-autoplay on that save using a stopwatch, took 115 seconds until I got back control. That is an average of 11.5 seconds per turn, I guess the human player equals at least 0.5 secs there, so let's say 11 seconds on average.

Took exactly the same amount of time to run 10 turns AI-Autoplay with your bug settings.
Probably a CPU difference, or perhaps the operating system difference plays a part.
I guess my computer is old - I built it from budget parts in 2014.
Memory speed also can make difference - my CPU is i3-3220 (3300 MHz), and my memory is 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz.

So my comp is 3x slower than yours lol.

Last edited:
I guess my computer is old - I built it from budget parts in 2014.
Memory speed also can make difference - my CPU is i3-3220 (3300 MHz), and my memory is 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz.
Yeah, that's a significant hardware difference.
So my comp is 3x slower than yours lol.
At the bright side, you know there's a significant speed improvement possible, bad news is that it requires you to throw money at it to be achieved.

I bought my computer used off of Ebay 6 years ago come Christmas.

i7 2600K 3.4Ghz 8 core cpu, currently 12GB DDR3 1333Mhz ram, and a Nvidia GTX 760 Ti OEM vid card with 2GB of DDR5 vram from an Alienware machine. This video card was an update (from the original GTX 550Ti with 1 GB DDR5) I also bought off of Ebay a little over a year ago. I have 2 1TB HDs. With paging file size for both set to 8GB minimum and 14GB max. win 10 64 Pro OS.

If I ever upgrade it will again be a used Comp. I can not afford today's new computer prices as a retired senior citizen.

Current game which is in Classical era my EoT waits are 2 minutes and 28 seconds with 7AI on a Standard C2C_World map with low sea level.

If anyone wants to test it on their Newer Comps for comparison below is the current save. Would like to know the difference.

Attachments

• Here we go again AD-1133.7z
    5.6 MB · Views: 116
Current game which is in Classical era my EoT waits are 2 minutes and 28 seconds with 7AI on a Standard C2C_World map with low sea level.

If anyone wants to test it on their Newer Comps for comparison below is the current save. Would like to know the difference.

The first turn was 1:36 for me.
10 turns AI-autoplay took 18:02 which average out to 1:48 per turn.

Thanks Toffer for testing it. :)

Top Bottom