Caveman 2 Cosmos

And with Rev on?

Increased revolutionary sentiment for cities with religions other than the state religion, Free Religion civic mitigates this some what. Huge revolution sentiment for founding a non-state religion and having a holy shrine of a non-state religion in a city.

However I play with revolutions on and try and get all the religions. It can get interesting but garrisoning helps, as does keeping your economy under control and building those forbidden palace style buildings in the right spot. In my last few games most religions have been founded in the same city!

Increased revolutionary sentiment for cities with religions other than the state religion, Free Religion civic mitigates this some what. Huge revolution sentiment for founding a non-state religion and having a holy shrine of a non-state religion in a city.

However I play with revolutions on and try and get all the religions. It can get interesting but garrisoning helps, as does keeping your economy under control and building those forbidden palace style buildings in the right spot. In my last few games most religions have been founded in the same city!

+1, must be some Aussie strategy. I have my Merchant GP farm found any religion that has a coin per city shrine. Right now @ 141bc Samarkand is the Holy City for 8 of the 24 religions. Like DH says, lots of happiness buildings, garrisons, large territory for happiness resources, etc. I use Fixed borders and build long roads to isolated happiness bonuses and camp on them with strong defensive units. This works (so far) on Monarchy gigantic map, Rev turned on, Pericles as my leader, and starting on a flood plain river.

What has happened to the horse resource?
I play on hemisphere map with 2 continents and there are 3 horse resources in the entire world.
Is this suppose to be like this?
If so can I change it myself so it randomely generates more horses when starting a game?

What has happened to the horse resource?
I play on hemisphere map with 2 continents and there are 3 horse resources in the entire world.
Is this suppose to be like this?
If so can I change it myself so it randomly generates more horses when starting a game?

Darn i knew i forgot something, i changed the placement order in the BonusInfo because of a modcomp that used to be in C2C, so all you really need to do is go into BonusInfo, search for Bonus_Horse and change the placement order from 4 to 1.:p
P.S. Its in the Terrain folder.

Guys I have a question

If potentially we say that there is a game (hot seat) with 15 civs on huge map ALL played by a human player (e.i no AI involved), plus no barbarians and Revolutions (no civs separation) - can we assume that there would be no freezes and crashes? I mean I know its impossible to assume 0 freeze chance, but what are those odds that freezes wouldn't happen, what do you think? 95%? or it is basically the same as with AI? :rolleyes:

Guys I have a question

If potentially we say that there is a game (hot seat) with 15 civs on huge map ALL played by a human player (e.i no AI involved), plus no barbarians and Revolutions (no civs separation) - can we assume that there would be no freezes and crashes? I mean I know its impossible to assume 0 freeze chance, but what are those odds that freezes wouldn't happen, what do you think? 95%? or it is basically the same as with AI? :rolleyes:

I really think the main source of crash bugs right now is coming from the way civs are developing from barb cities so I would think you'd have a good shot of going the distance with such settings. Unfortunately, we don't have the option of having JUST animals and no barbs and I'm not sure how we can turn OFF the barbs rising to civs (probably not hard to do I'm just not sure how) until we can sort out some fixes there. In taking a look at the source codes for civics and such its quite a complex web so it will take a lot of time and dedication to rooting out some of the problems we're having. I think there's something about them coming in and researching techs they already have as well.

I've been finding the declaration of war workaround to be working when reloading just before a crash. Having new random seed on reload set to on seems to help as well if you go back a couple rounds before a ctd (with this on you might be able to play through the ctd without a problem).

There are a lot of little bugs in the platform we built this on unfortunately and now we're trying to go back and fix these complex errors built into code we did not design...never an easy task.

I really think the main source of crash bugs right now is coming from the way civs are developing from barb cities so I would think you'd have a good shot of going the distance with such settings. Unfortunately, we don't have the option of having JUST animals and no barbs and I'm not sure how we can turn OFF the barbs rising to civs (probably not hard to do I'm just not sure how) until we can sort out some fixes there. In taking a look at the source codes for civics and such its quite a complex web so it will take a lot of time and dedication to rooting out some of the problems we're having. I think there's something about them coming in and researching techs they already have as well.

I've been finding the declaration of war workaround to be working when reloading just before a crash. Having new random seed on reload set to on seems to help as well if you go back a couple rounds before a ctd (with this on you might be able to play through the ctd without a problem).

There are a lot of little bugs in the platform we built this on unfortunately and now we're trying to go back and fix these complex errors built into code we did not design...never an easy task.

I think you should look at the code which defines how barbs evolves into full civs... if evolving means starting a new civ from scratch, then I believe the bug is found... because if a building is enabled when a certain technology is researched, and then the barb civ evolves into a full civ with no technology (which seems to be the case here), I can presume that the game will loop trying to figure out what to do when it tries to enable a building option for a civ with that building already built.

Well, I don't know much about programming, so this is just a guess.

PS. Once again, excellent work everyone.

For those having a freeze or a non-repeatable CTD:

Try this workaround once:

ONE turn before the CTD, go into worldbuilder and save the game in there. Then go into My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Saves/WorldBuilder/__(what ever you named it ) and then place it in the PrivateMaps (Same area as the Assets folder), then see what happens.

What ever happens then is what is causing the error, it might help, maybe not.

I tried this when I now got a freeze. When I load it from privatemaps I CTD when I start the game. I have no idea whats causing the crash. I was just about to found Asatu religion (that might be it?), but the last games this was around the same time when Polynesia was formed from barbarians. I have now disabled revolutions. Is this new civ suppose to be formed no matter what? This might be the cause?

I tried this when I now got a freeze. When I load it from privatemaps I CTD when I start the game. I have no idea whats causing the crash. I was just about to found Asatu religion (that might be it?), but the last games this was around the same time when Polynesia was formed from barbarians. I have now disabled revolutions. Is this new civ suppose to be formed no matter what? This might be the cause?

I'm finding one way to tackle this right now is to have your game options set to new random seed on reload. Then, when you encounter problems like this, you can go back to the most recent autosave before the barb civ emerges and may find it doesn't this time around. Still, they can't all be avoided and a declaration of war on the offending new civ may get you past that round too. If you're working on a single player game, someone a couple pages back layed out the method you can use to directly get around the problem.

This mechanism of new civs being generated off barb cities is a python module and will take some tweaking to fix. I think its largely in the way it assigns the starting civics but I'm not sure if it ends there.

I dont know where to find this new random seed on reload option.
I got this message in PythonErr2.log
Can this be the reason I freeze?

01:31:15 DEBUG: BugUtil - extending BugEventManager.preGameStart instead CvAppInterface
01:31:15 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'PreGameStart'
01:31:15 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'BeginActivePlayerTurn'
01:31:15 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'SwitchHotSeatPlayer'
01:31:15 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'LanguageChanged'
01:31:15 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'ResolutionChanged'
01:31:15 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'PythonReloaded'
01:31:15 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'unitUpgraded'
01:31:15 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'unitCaptured'
01:31:15 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatWithdrawal'
01:31:15 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatRetreat'
01:31:15 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatLogCollateral'
01:31:15 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatLogFlanking'
01:31:15 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'playerRevolution'
01:31:15 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'addTeam'
01:31:15 DEBUG: BugInit - game not fully initialized
PY:OnInit

I downloaded the extra civs pack, but all the leaders, UU, and UB are pink squares. What do I do?

Also, I thought the Extra Civs pack updated the Mod to 65 new civs, I have way less than that.

I downloaded the extra civs pack, but all the leaders, UU, and UB are pink squares. What do I do?

Also, I thought the Extra Civs pack updated the Mod to 65 new civs, I have way less than that.

I asked about this earlier. They do not work. You can only use the regular civs for now.

I fixed the freeze. Turns out even if I have disabled revolutions, two new civs were forming on a deserted island. I entered worldbuilder and erased all cities and human barbs. Then a window opened saying you have entered the classical era :)

Yes, one of the possible 1 player fixes... doesn't work on hotseat sadly so I have to figure out more ways than that.

new random seed on reload is an option you can select at startup on a custom game.

There are problems with the Barbarian Civ Mod that comes with RevDCM and C2C. You should not play with this option on. The rest of Revolutions seem to work OK.

The reason is simply that we need to write the code for the C2C technologies, buildings and traits for this mod.

There are problems with the Barbarian Civ Mod that comes with RevDCM and C2C. You should not play with this option on. The rest of Revolutions seem to work OK.

The reason is simply that we need to write the code for the C2C technologies, buildings and traits for this mod.

I noticed it was missing from the custom game screen options. Is there a way to check if its on or not? I looks like mine still may be on. What file do i need to manually change to mark it off?

I just noticed that no civ wants to have a religion even if they have founded one. One of the civs has even the prophet civic active but still dont convert to their founding religion.

I noticed it was missing from the custom game screen options. Is there a way to check if its on or not? I looks like mine still may be on. What file do i need to manually change to mark it off?

Good question, I have been trying to find it also. I think all the revolutions mods are now grouped together but I have not found where we can turn off just the one. If I do I will post something for the update so that BarbCiv is off by default. At least until we can get it working with the prehistoric era.

Top Bottom