Caveman 2 Cosmos

Since the last two updates i had a prob with the AI.
In the beginning the NPC dont go out in the world to lood the Villages. They just stay inside there town and make it very easy for me.

Since the last two updates i had a prob with the AI.
In the beginning the NPC dont go out in the world to lood the Villages. They just stay inside there town and make it very easy for me.
Upload save
But yeah AI never was interested in goody huts

Apparently it was bug introduced month ago or so and fixed recently.
I had always thought that was a very intentional design element to make later efforts to get goodies tougher, particularly for defense only recon units that get better results from them. The trick was always to include such a unit in the attacking stack.

I had always thought that was a very intentional design element to make later efforts to get goodies tougher, particularly for defense only recon units that get better results from them. The trick was always to include such a unit in the attacking stack.
Yeah, this "bug" feels very much like a "feature", lol.

I hope you meant to say "months" or perhaps "years", because I've seen it happen in at least two prior releases.
Well I thought you were talking about different thing, where AI avoided goody huts.

Auto worker stuck building camp than fortress at resource just outside city, happen in the latest update.

Auto worker stuck building camp than fortress at resource just outside city, happen in the latest update.
If the city is in any perceived danger, it can want to do this. I really do not advise automating if you can avoid it because the AI has to do what it thinks is best as a fairly 'implication blind' device. How a city senses if its in 'danger' and instructs reactions like this is still a little crudely designed at the moment.

If the city is in any perceived danger, it can want to do this. I really do not advise automating if you can avoid it because the AI has to do what it thinks is best as a fairly 'implication blind' device. How a city senses if its in 'danger' and instructs reactions like this is still a little crudely designed at the moment.
AI also often ignores resources without improvements for some reason.
And not only those that "are too early to be worked" (which is questionable with the current weird system), but even those it SHOULD invest into.
But I use Automation simply because it annoys me to do all of it manually, so it's middle ground between wasting possible resources and wasting my play time, ugh.

AI also often ignores resources without improvements for some reason.
And not only those that "are too early to be worked" (which is questionable with the current weird system), but even those it SHOULD invest into.
But I use Automation simply because it annoys me to do all of it manually, so it's middle ground between wasting possible resources and wasting my play time, ugh.
Flabbert is the guy working on that stuff - best to tell him on Discord.

How is everybody doing? This is my favorite MOD of all the Civ mods. Keep up the good work! My strategy is usually to build Culture and Science and only go to WAR when very necessary. I have noticed that I have great difficulty on PRINCE and higher levels. I don't like it when I lose. LOL

How is everybody doing?
If you're looking to chat, the discord is a bit more active place to do it (see sig).

As for difficulty, not warring is making it more difficult for you, but I also applaud the choice; I basically have to on the higher levels, though doing so to capture a city in prehistoric is also something of a crutch I think. Rushing stone axemen (neanderthal ones too if you can) is, imo, almost a too strong strategy.

If you're looking to chat, the discord is a bit more active place to do it (see sig).

As for difficulty, not warring is making it more difficult for you, but I also applaud the choice; I basically have to on the higher levels, though doing so to capture a city in prehistoric is also something of a crutch I think. Rushing stone axemen (neanderthal ones too if you can) is, imo, almost a too strong strategy.
I like to play a complete game to the colonization of the Universe and ALL of the tech tree. Thanks for introducing me to C2C Discord! You have been very helpful.

I'm now running a test on Nightmare Eternity (and previously tried Nightmare Ultrafast).
Well, you WILL HAVE TO conquer cities, if you aren't planning on LOSING before leaving Prehistory - on Nightmare.
You WILL STALL BEHIND otherwise, no matter what you do - it's the difficulty modifiers that make sure of it.
Also, it's VERY HARD (but maybe not impossible) to achieve that without Neanderthals - those give you a rather strong edge.
Though, I currently found out that Coyote Runners are even bigger cheaters, lol.
But those require 2 essential components: Northern American civ play, and access to Stone.
Otherwise, you WILL have to use Neanderthals, OR struggle to even survive against more aggressive neighbors.
And that's WITHOUT even taking the annoying Barbs into account (my current game is WITHOUT those memory leeches, lol).
To sum up:
If you want to play a PEACEFUL NON-LOSING game - play on much lower difficulties.
There, sure, you can take over half-the-map simply via Culture and Vassalage (even staying as 1 city, lol) - but on higher difficulties you WILL lag behind way too much for this to happen.

i play nightmare and tech brokering....trade tech is only way else ai will be 100years ahead
If you play passively? 101%.
If you "cheat" a bit (Neanderthals and/or Coyote Runners)? You should be able to grow well enough for it to be winnable.
In fact, I'm gonna check your save now - and maybe switch my own game from Eternity to Ultrafast.
After all, the whole idea is about GAME BALANCE, and a quicker building speed is a much better solution as well.
I did learn a thing or a two from this LOOONG game, so I guess I'll be much smarter this time in playing a FAST game as well.
So, kinda, thanks for pushing me to switch to a more bearable game, loool.

Top Bottom