Caveman 2 Cosmos

Good morning, I wanted to know if it is possible to choose what the game was in? If possible, how can I do this?

Good morning, I wanted to know if it is possible to choose what the game was in? If possible, how can I do this?
I'll assume English isn't your native language, or autocorrect failed you, can you rephrase it?

I'll assume English isn't your native language, or autocorrect failed you, can you rephrase it?
I'm sorry, I think google translator doesn't want to help me. I will try again...
"Good morning, I wanted to know if it is possible to choose what era the game ends in? If possible, how can I do this?"
I think now its correct.

I'm sorry, I think google translator doesn't want to help me. I will try again...
"Good morning, I wanted to know if it is possible to choose what era the game ends in? If possible, how can I do this?"
I think now its correct.
Yeah, now it worked.
You can't choose end era.

I can't build neanderthal units or update them to no-neanderthal since I investigated sedentary lifestyle...

In the culture and units says it come obsolete with copper working

Is a bug or am i missing something?

I can't build neanderthal units or update them to no-neanderthal since I investigated sedentary lifestyle...

In the culture and units says it come obsolete with copper working

Is a bug or am i missing something?
Seems like there is obsoletion discrepancy there
@Toffer90 shouldn't all Neanderthal related obsolete at Sedentary Lifestyle?

Seems like there is obsoletion discrepancy there
@Toffer90 shouldn't all Neanderthal related obsolete at Sedentary Lifestyle?
Someone suggested copper working and apparently someone reacted to the suggestion...

The Neanderthal mammoth rider should be the only one that obsolete at copper working afaik, as it is unlocked often after sedentary lifestyle is teched..
So Neanderthal related buildings should obsolete at Copper Working then
Or he got outdated version.

All Neanderthal buildings obsolete by Copper Working
As for units: Neanderthal Elephant Rider and Mammoth Rider obsoletes at Copper Working.
All others obsolete at Sedentary Lifestyle or earlier.

Last edited:
maybe we could have an option to reject this event?

It gives a -15% to capture, which is very bad for my slave empire...

There are a lot of equipment modifying modding plans that will alter this event but for now, if someone wants to give a rejection option I can support that - I'm not much of an event modder personally.

The event result seems fair to me. You use poison arrows to get slaves you're not going to get as many. Just a negative event for you. But a boon for others who are being overrun by say Barbarians or another antagonistic Empire. I would call your slave empire in the later arena. ;)

Hi there, first of all version 42 is really nice again, so much mor balanced and more challenging then the previous one :thumbsup: (I stick with the relased versions and haven't played the SVN).

I have two questions though that may have been asked already, bu I couldn't find any answers so i post them here.

1 What has happened with the martial arts unit upgrade. I build Taoist monasteries, and Shaolin Temple as well as Dojos but noone of the units I build in that town (melee / explorer) got the martial arts skill or the level 3 version of the skill. Mybe I do something wrong, or the skill is nerfd but then not corrected in the civilopdia, or something went wrong while updating the skill....?

2 What about the hunter II promotion we are supposed to get from the Great Holmgard Hunt, I never seem to get it when I build hunters in my town with that building. I think I posted this a while (like long way) back in another thread, but never got an answer and it's still the same in this version.

So two minor things; and hopefully one or more of you "creator gods" :egypt: know the answer for them.

1 What has happened with the martial arts unit upgrade. I build Taoist monasteries, and Shaolin Temple as well as Dojos but noone of the units I build in that town (melee / explorer) got the martial arts skill or the level 3 version of the skill. Mybe I do something wrong, or the skill is nerfd but then not corrected in the civilopdia, or something went wrong while updating the skill....?
Probably a bug in the order of promotion assignments as they are taking place leading to promos being invalidated by missing prereqs before they were assigned. I'm aware of another case instance of a similar problem. Oh, you seem to be aware of yet another...
2 What about the hunter II promotion we are supposed to get from the Great Holmgard Hunt, I never seem to get it when I build hunters in my town with that building. I think I posted this a while (like long way) back in another thread, but never got an answer and it's still the same in this version.

I'll look into it soon-ish.

Probably a bug in the order of promotion assignments as they are taking place leading to promos being invalidated by missing prereqs before they were assigned. I'm aware of another case instance of a similar problem. Oh, you seem to be aware of yet another...

I'll look into it soon-ish.

:thumbsup: thanks!

I am having trouble loading the mod - unzipped to the bts mods folder. When I try to open the mod in advanced options I get a series of errors where it is failing to load the xml files, like most of them?

Any ideas?

I am having trouble loading the mod - unzipped to the bts mods folder. When I try to open the mod in advanced options I get a series of errors where it is failing to load the xml files, like most of them?

Any ideas?
1. Never overwrite old version of mod with new one - always delete old version, as files are often moved, renamed or removed.

2. Mod must be named Caveman2Cosmos and won't work if placed in Documents/My Games folder.

So valid install paths will look like this:
For GoG this will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
For steam it will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
Assets folder would exist in Caveman2Cosmos folder - ensure it isn't nested!

3. If game is on system drive (c: ), then you need to run as admin.

1. Never overwrite old version of mod with new one - always delete old version, as files are often moved, renamed or removed.

2. Mod must be named Caveman2Cosmos and won't work if placed in Documents/My Games folder.

So valid install paths will look like this:
For GoG this will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
For steam it will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
Assets folder would exist in Caveman2Cosmos folder - ensure it isn't nested!

3. If game is on system drive (c: ), then you need to run as admin.

Thanks for the response.

New PC and fresh install, extracted with winzip. But looks like all files intact.

Saved to path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos then /assets/xml

Each xml fails to load, a popup occurs and I have to click ok for hundreds of them. I tried writing over the initial one that loaded with the original xml and it worked, then went on to the next and failed. So path looks good, just a problem with the xml loading.

Top Bottom