Caveman 2 Cosmos

Thanks for the response.

New PC and fresh install, extracted with winzip. But looks like all files intact.

Saved to path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos then /assets/xml

Each xml fails to load, a popup occurs and I have to click ok for hundreds of them. I tried writing over the initial one that loaded with the original xml and it worked, then went on to the next and failed. So path looks good, just a problem with the xml loading.
Try winrar, or update winzip, or redownload archive
It seems like somehow your download got corrupted

When I try to use svn it now tells me that I cannot connect because the server has actively refused my connection. I updated tortoise, but the same problem still exists. Whats up?
You shouldn't post in that SVN thread, as its for changelogs only.

It seems like SVN servers have very severe issues lately.

Requirements:
forest/taiga/grassland nearby
folklore: paleolithic cave lion (American lion if the cave lion division will appear)/lion?
Carving/boneworking tech

Where can I see the version number in game? Trying to make sure I got it installed properly.

does anyone know how to make the production pick buttons appear?
Spoiler :
uex.png

they disappeared after updated to v42.I did this by deleting all mod files and installing the new version.
I've always used the black menu and never had any problems.
I changed it to the default blue and the problem persists.

does anyone know how to make the production pick buttons appear?

they disappeared after updated to v42.I did this by deleting all mod files and installing the new version.
I've always used the black menu and never had any problems.
I changed it to the default blue and the problem persists.
Some installation issue. Also delete User Settings folder that is in Caveman2Cosmos folder.

Installation guide:
1. Never overwrite old version of mod with new one - always delete old version, as files are often moved, renamed or removed.

2. Mod must be named Caveman2Cosmos and won't work if placed in Documents/My Games folder.

So valid install paths will look like this:
For GoG this will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
For steam it will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
Assets folder would exist in Caveman2Cosmos folder - ensure it isn't nested!

3. If game is on system drive (c: ), then you need to run as admin.

Hi there, first of all version 42 is really nice again, so much mor balanced and more challenging then the previous one :thumbsup: (I stick with the relased versions and haven't played the SVN).

I have two questions though that may have been asked already, bu I couldn't find any answers so i post them here.

1 What has happened with the martial arts unit upgrade. I build Taoist monasteries, and Shaolin Temple as well as Dojos but noone of the units I build in that town (melee / explorer) got the martial arts skill or the level 3 version of the skill. Mybe I do something wrong, or the skill is nerfd but then not corrected in the civilopdia, or something went wrong while updating the skill....?

2 What about the hunter II promotion we are supposed to get from the Great Holmgard Hunt, I never seem to get it when I build hunters in my town with that building. I think I posted this a while (like long way) back in another thread, but never got an answer and it's still the same in this version.

So two minor things; and hopefully one or more of you "creator gods" :egypt: know the answer for them.
Might be related to this issue ?
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ined-after-splitting-and-merging-unit.674366/

----

What about making a Loewenmensch another World Wonder (as Venus of Mitteldorf already is)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion-man

Requirements:
forest/taiga/grassland nearby
folklore: paleolithic cave lion (American lion if the cave lion division will appear)/lion?
Carving/boneworking tech
Looks cool !

But actually making it and especially balancing it...

(Has anyone tried to make a modmod with fantastical creatures yet ?)

I'd like to have it as a world wonder /sculpture/ (as we have Venus of Willendorf now) and maybe a precursor to a religion-to-be not a fantastic creature/beast - maybe after Megafauna Domestication and big cats taming the Loewenmensch sculptor/inventor should have tame cave lions as big cat alternatives?

I'm getting a repeated CTD when attempting to make a Warlord Commander attack a newly spawned Partisan unit from a captured city (taken by a Guerilla).

Done.
BUG: AI Pathing, Limit AI end turn processing thing.

Oh, and I think I stumbled on a glitch where once you have enough gold, it automatically increments each turn regardless of expenses.
Update to latest SVN and try again.
It should be fixed now.

Update to latest SVN and try again.
It should be fixed now.
Resolved, thanks.

Also, I seem to be experiencing a culture overflow issue where home territory is no longer reporting correct values and cities are asking to flip civs when it makes no sense to do so (other civ is on a completely different continent). If this is related to Expanding Leaders, can some sort of sanity check be considered?

Resolved, thanks.

Also, I seem to be experiencing a culture overflow issue where home territory is no longer reporting correct values and cities are asking to flip civs when it makes no sense to do so (other civ is on a completely different continent). If this is related to Expanding Leaders, can some sort of sanity check be considered?
Nothing related to Expanding Leaders, but you can upload save and user settings

Top Bottom