Caveman 2 Cosmos

This mod is much slower than vanilla or lightly modded Civ IV
So you should try smaller maps on Blitz or Normal speed.

Also AI is kinda dumb due to high complexity of game, so you need to play level or two higher here.
Thank you,raxo2222,for your response!
-"So you should try smaller maps on Blitz or Normal speed."
Huh....that's sad😞.I don't really want to test it(basically,play entire game,and even on Blitz it will take some(A LOT in my case)time) because it means to spoil all those cool features.But,who knows,maybe I will.

-"Also AI is kinda dumb due to high complexity of game, so you need to play level or two higher here."
Also sad😢.Ok,does that mean,if I want to play civ 4 with SMARTEST(not buffest) AI,I should play vanilla?I read on some 4X threads that civ 4 AI is ok/good,at least in comparison with many other 4X games.So,If I will play vanilla(the way as I described in my previous post) as peaceful,not rush-crazy maniac,on Noble,can I expect at least SOME civs to be ~on my level in late game?When I played civ 3 on "no buffs for me/AI" difficulty,there were civs who were on my level during industrial/modern era,and it was a great game! Or without giving them advanteges it will be imposible?Remember,my goal is not to win(no victory conditions),but to have fun time.I just don't want to feel like a university student in a kindergarten.As I said before,testing is not my thing because I play those games super slow,with doing ALL POSSIBLE things by myself-manualy.With a lot of thinking/analysing.So I dont want to spend dozens/hundrets of hours on something not worthy.I hope you can help me to understand this game better,friend.

Thank you,raxo2222,for your response!
-"So you should try smaller maps on Blitz or Normal speed."
Huh....that's sad😞.I don't really want to test it(basically,play entire game,and even on Blitz it will take some(A LOT in my case)time) because it means to spoil all those cool features.But,who knows,maybe I will.

-"Also AI is kinda dumb due to high complexity of game, so you need to play level or two higher here."
Also sad😢.Ok,does that mean,if I want to play civ 4 with SMARTEST(not buffest) AI,I should play vanilla?I read on some 4X threads that civ 4 AI is ok/good,at least in comparison with many other 4X games.So,If I will play vanilla(the way as I described in my previous post) as peaceful,not rush-crazy maniac,on Noble,can I expect at least SOME civs to be ~on my level in late game?When I played civ 3 on "no buffs for me/AI" difficulty,there were civs who were on my level during industrial/modern era,and it was a great game! Or without giving them advanteges it will be imposible?Remember,my goal is not to win(no victory conditions),but to have fun time.I just don't want to feel like a university student in a kindergarten.As I said before,testing is not my thing because I play those games super slow,with doing ALL POSSIBLE things by myself-manualy.With a lot of thinking/analysing.So I dont want to spend dozens/hundrets of hours on something not worthy.I hope you can help me to understand this game better,friend.
We're working on equalizing the AI. It's the hardest dev task, aside from raw memory issues, that there is. It's an ongoing years long battle to improve it and we've made numerous great strides there. You probably want to play with the SVN version. There's still tons of things to correct, but we're at least getting to where we can properly instruct it better as there were numerous problems just in that alone. The problem is that a really solid AI will probably fairly easily defeat a player with all that there is to know about the mod. And a moderate AI as we have will be great in some ways and terrible in others. As far as I last knew, the AI would usually get way ahead in research but then you could overcome it later as numerous smaller mistakes led to it falling behind. Now that it's improved some we've reduced some of the bonuses it gets on harder settings but it still has some strategic flaws that are very exploitable. All I can say is, we're not done here. Play the game as it is at the cutting edge and it's the best we have had so far. Once you know really most of the ins and outs of play choices and such, you're going to want to increase difficulty and even being fairly new, on Noble (which is what the AI is rigged to be at in most cases), you're likely to overtake after a bit and once that happens, the game kinda loses a little something because the AI rarely catches back up.

We're working on equalizing the AI. It's the hardest dev task, aside from raw memory issues, that there is. It's an ongoing years long battle to improve it and we've made numerous great strides there. You probably want to play with the SVN version. There's still tons of things to correct, but we're at least getting to where we can properly instruct it better as there were numerous problems just in that alone. The problem is that a really solid AI will probably fairly easily defeat a player with all that there is to know about the mod. And a moderate AI as we have will be great in some ways and terrible in others. As far as I last knew, the AI would usually get way ahead in research but then you could overcome it later as numerous smaller mistakes led to it falling behind. Now that it's improved some we've reduced some of the bonuses it gets on harder settings but it still has some strategic flaws that are very exploitable. All I can say is, we're not done here. Play the game as it is at the cutting edge and it's the best we have had so far. Once you know really most of the ins and outs of play choices and such, you're going to want to increase difficulty and even being fairly new, on Noble (which is what the AI is rigged to be at in most cases), you're likely to overtake after a bit and once that happens, the game kinda loses a little something because the AI rarely catches back up.
Thank you,Thunderbrd,for such exstensive replay!And for your(and other people) GREAT,IMMENSE work,too!
I will have this information in mind.What can you suggest in terms of Pygyk's(my lovely laptop) specs? 2,6 HGz proc., 512 mb video,4 GB RAM. As I said previously,I would like to play "Ethernal/Gigantic/40 civs" game.An impossible Dream,I'm afraid?😢Or is there a CHANCE,at least SOME???🥺What is MAX map size/civs numbers that you could say I SHOULD(not garanty,of course) be fine with?Map size here is THE priority.On Ethernity,with my playstyle,it can took me months or even YEARS to get to Industrial era(then,maybe,I will have an opportunity to continue this game on another PC),so I will be happy if could play(with my "Dream" settings)at least throgh some eras. Also,you seggest me to play SVN version(I have v43).I guess "pros" of SVN-it is newer,right? Are there some "cons",like,it is less stable/tested? And if,in future,I decide to chage version(s) during ongoing game(from v43 to SVN, from SVN to v55, from v55 to v69,then to SVN and so on),will there be some problems?Unabling to continue the game on which I will spend THOUSANDS of hours will be.....frustrating.😑💀
I am very looking for your answer,good sir!

Thank you,Thunderbrd,for such exstensive replay!And for your(and other people) GREAT,IMMENSE work,too!
I will have this information in mind.What can you suggest in terms of Pygyk's(my lovely laptop) specs? 2,6 HGz proc., 512 mb video,4 GB RAM. As I said previously,I would like to play "Ethernal/Gigantic/40 civs" game.An impossible Dream,I'm afraid?😢Or is there a CHANCE,at least SOME???🥺What is MAX map size/civs numbers that you could say I SHOULD(not garanty,of course) be fine with?Map size here is THE priority.On Ethernity,with my playstyle,it can took me months or even YEARS to get to Industrial era(then,maybe,I will have an opportunity to continue this game on another PC),so I will be happy if could play(with my "Dream" settings)at least throgh some eras. Also,you seggest me to play SVN version(I have v43).I guess "pros" of SVN-it is newer,right? Are there some "cons",like,it is less stable/tested? And if,in future,I decide to chage version(s) during ongoing game(from v43 to SVN, from SVN to v55, from v55 to v69,then to SVN and so on),will there be some problems?Unabling to continue the game on which I will spend THOUSANDS of hours will be.....frustrating.😑💀
I am very looking for your answer,good sir!
Your computer is like 13 year old PC, you can't even play anything bigger than Standard or faster than Normal
Turn times will take minutes and you might want to restart every turn eventually.
This mod even might not work on your antique laptop

I am thinking about starting a New Game is there an SVN update coming up soon that will break, Saved Games???

Dying to try this mod out but I've got some kind of installation problem.... At startup I get this error message saying "GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme". Then the whole computer locks up and I need to do a hard reboot. Any suggestions?

Dying to try this mod out but I've got some kind of installation problem.... At startup I get this error message saying "GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme". Then the whole computer locks up and I need to do a hard reboot. Any suggestions?
You installed the mod in the wrong folder, it cannot be in your documents folder, it must be in the MODS folder located alongside the BeyondTheSword exe file.

Top Bottom