Caveman 2 Cosmos

Just because it took me 2 hours only to have this map generated, here is a first-turn save-game of an immense-sized map if you dare to start a game of 14305 turns on a "largest possible" map:

[ Immense-size, Eternity 14305 turns, C2C-Big-and-Small , Mastery-victory, many barb-civs, Monarch-difficulty, France-De_Gaulle ]

settings:
Spoiler :
This is a civ4 savegame of the first of 14305 turns (50.000 BCE) of an "immense" map for the "BtS" mod "cavemen to cosmos":

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=288570 tells you what software this should be loaded into. (it was made with Version 33 (SVN 6168) of the mod)

Cavemen to cosmos is a compilation of multuiple civ4 mods by >100 civ4 modders, highly increasing the detail and complexity of civ4. Its tech tree has >734 techs.

I share this map because even on a large fast and modern PC a map for this mod of that type and size took 2 hours to generate.
Playing this map should take you at least 400 hours, if not 4x to 10x as long due to the map settings:

- Singleplayer
- monarch difficulty
- Random civ and random leader == rolled you "Charles de Gaulle" of "France"
- 24 ai teams, 25 starting civs.

- C2C-Big_and-Small (Oceans seperate 2 landmasses, the landmasses may be split further by more easily sailable water tiles. There are also large "clouds" of tiny island archipels. Earthlike and fair. The smaller landmass more likely is filled with barbarians and less inital civs)
- Immense (largest map size, ice on the ocean reaches >8 tiles away from the poles. Quad-core recommended or each turn may take a minute on average wiuthot much going on for you.)
- Temperate (default grassy forest climate)
- Medium (sealevel default)
- Eternity (slowest speed, 14305 turns)
- Prehistoric (earliest starting era, having population grow by turn 200 is an achievement)
- Normal Continents (default continent size)
- Islands (default Island Size)
- Islands Mixed In (NON-Default, makes island-archipels easily reachable from the mainland)

- Victory==Mastery = All victory conditions active, which means only "mastery" really counts after 14305 turns, as it overwrites all other victory contitions by design: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=354481 (even after you reached any other condition that usually would end the game, Mastery" only ends the game at turn 14305, calculating a total score by adding points from all common victory types.)

[listing only actifaved checkboxes:]
- City Flipping after Con. (captured cities convert peacefully back to their previous owner)
- Require Complete kills (Losing all cities does not remove all units of theat civ from the game)
- Barbarian World (One barbarian city close to every civs starting location since turn one)
- Start as Minor Civ (Writing-ech is essential for ANY diplomacy, including basic peace treaties, till then its total war, theft, slavery, cannibalism or ritual sacrifice (or all of those at once))
- Usable Mountains (Some unit upgrades make Peaks passable. Peaks may have ressources on them.)
- Surround and Destroy (military bonuses for surroundign a target from multiple tiles before attacking it.)
- Advanced Diplomacy (unit-trading and embassy functionality)
- Unlimited Wonders (a single city can have countless wonders)
- Barbarian Generals (barbarians gain XP and may gain generals)
- Assimilation (Captured cities can still build all unique buildings of their founding civ)
- Great Commanders (instead of becoming a military unit, a great general can join a unit to give it more unique XP-abilities, specializing in berserking offense, maintaining defense or roaming expansion)
- Personalized map (random map locations get name-generated name tags)
- Realistic Culture Spread (Culture spreads harder avross mountains, jungles and rivers, and more easily across plains)
- Realistic Cooperations (Cooperations are not player controlled and always automated (unlike in BtS where you controll them), removing their micromanagement. Cooperations spread more easily between 2 civs)
- Religion Decay (The less popular religions of each city may decay slowly)
- United Nations (Apostillic Pallace and United nations are fully functional, except for their game-ending victory conditions)
- Advanced Espionage (Nuclear sabotage, inciting rebellion, causing anarchy, poisoning water)
- Modern Cooperations (Additional cooperations for more modern ressources)
- Advanced Nukes (More variety of nuclear units)
- Divine Prophets (Researching any religion gives you a great prophet. That can found or spread any religion that you have researched. Civs tend to stick to single religions while scisms lead to revolutions)
- Infinite XP (Upgrading units does not reset a units XP)
- Focussed Traits (Civ leader Traits are more diverse, detailed, and more unique)

[keep in mind that...]
- Unhappy cities demand money or they will seperate a few cities into a revolting fraction, founding a new civ from some of its original-civ's-cities (you then joine one fo the 2 fractions).
- Barbarian cities may turn into small AI civs if left alone long enough.
- ... and many features of this pack are included and active: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=319235

I want to increase the cost and production of the trade units, but I can't seem to find those units.

I want to increase the cost and production of the trade units, but I can't seem to find those units.

This is where WinGrep comes in handy as you can search the folders for a string and it lists the files with that string in them.

edit They are in the folder Assets/Modules/DancingHoskuld/TradeMercghant

isn't there scroll bar ? in world editor diplomation ?

when i play almost 50 civs i couldn't see them all.

i wanted to edit little war and peace

Quick question. Has the subdue animal mechanic changed recently. Hardly subduing any animals at beginning of game and I cant see subdual chance stat anymore. However did notice bigger bonuses for promotions which im guessing means you get a lot better as you go down the tech tree.

Quick question. Has the subdue animal mechanic changed recently. Hardly subduing any animals at beginning of game and I cant see subdual chance stat anymore. However did notice bigger bonuses for promotions which im guessing means you get a lot better as you go down the tech tree.

There has been a change. Animals are likely to withdraw now which reduces the number of combat wins and slows the spawn of animals a bit. Also the actual chance of subduing on the first Hunting promotion has been reduced slightly to compensate for a reduction in the penalty against other units. (edit the hunter 2 promotion was increased so that over all it is the same as before)

I am working on changing the Myth mechanism so that you get the myth buildings from any combat with the relevant animal, win, loose or draw. Since we are in a freeze I wont get to it until after v34 is released.

I am working on changing the Myth mechanism so that you get the myth buildings from any combat with the relevant animal, win, loose or draw. Since we are in a freeze I wont get to it until after v34 is released.

If you loose (your dead - unless you can withdraw), therefore if you are alone, no Myth building. :D

I'm currently playing a game of C2C (V33) and there's a certain hostile city which I cannot raze. If I capture it, I get no option to raze it, it simply immediately skips to the build selection menu. Is there any particular reason why this might be?

I'm currently playing a game of C2C (V33) and there's a certain hostile city which I cannot raze. If I capture it, I get no option to raze it, it simply immediately skips to the build selection menu. Is there any particular reason why this might be?

If you post a save with details on the BUG thread someone may be able to figure out what is happening.

Did you own it before, or did you capture it before??

No. I'm not sure who the original owner was, but it was never mine.

then go to the Single player bug thread, and post there what it says to do in post # 1, thx.

You probably did own it before. If you want to destroy a city, ctrl-a in the city screen is the hotkey for opening up the destroy a building/demolish city options.

You probably did own it before. If you want to destroy a city, ctrl-a in the city screen is the hotkey for opening up the destroy a building/demolish city options.

I'm certain I didn't. In this game, I've only been building cities over the ruins of defeated civilizations' capitals, and I never choose not to raze a captured city (if I accidentally did, I'd immediately reload, no matter how many turns it meant I'd have to replay).

EDIT: CTRL-A worked (and I expect knowing about that to be quite useful in the future). Thanks! :)

Apparently you can't raze a city directly via the usual pop-up if your team's culture is 25% or more of the total in the city and the city is within the maximum possible cultural range of any other city you own (if all your cities were at the highest possible culture level would the plot this city is on be in the cultural range of any of them). If you are using the optional influence driven warfare (IDW) then you can get that much just from the fight to take it over sometimes, especially if it took more than one try.

This is found in CvPlayer::canRaze and uses the defined value RAZING_CULTURAL_PERCENT_THRESHOLD which is set to 25 in GlobalDefines.xml.

With the option to abandon a city after capturing it, it seems that to someone who always razes (like me) it might actually be beneficial to initially capture the city, demolish all the buildings (for the gold) and THEN abandon it. Ok, so I don't capture civilians that way, but I already have a far greater number of civilian captives than I'm remotely likely to use any time soon (6 cities, nearly 200 civilian captives, and a bunch of military captives too).

EDIT: Ok, so I have way more gold than I know what to do with as well, but I'm losing a lot per turn (though it'd take a long time for me to run out completely) and so more is always nice.

With the option to abandon a city after capturing it, it seems that to someone who always razes (like me) it might actually be beneficial to initially capture the city, demolish all the buildings (for the gold) and THEN abandon it. Ok, so I don't capture civilians that way, but I already have a far greater number of civilian captives than I'm remotely likely to use any time soon (6 cities, nearly 200 civilian captives, and a bunch of military captives too).

EDIT: Ok, so I have way more gold than I know what to do with as well, but I'm losing a lot per turn (though it'd take a long time for me to run out completely) and so more is always nice.

Abandoning a city may give workers and settlers depending on the population of the city. I think it is one settler for every three population and one or two workers for the remainder.

If you are running Druidism perhaps you should use some of those captives for golden ages by doing some human sacrifice.:satan:.

I have no idea how anyone gets so many captives, I am lucky to get 30 civilian and 50 military per game. I convert the civilians to settlers or immigrants and the military ones to slaves.

Abandoning a city may give workers and settlers depending on the population of the city. I think it is one settler for every three population and one or two workers for the remainder.

If you are running Druidism perhaps you should use some of those captives for golden ages by doing some human sacrifice.:satan:.

I have no idea how anyone gets so many captives, I am lucky to get 30 civilian and 50 military per game. I convert the civilians to settlers or immigrants and the military ones to slaves.

I'm playing the giant Earth map with pre-Columbian civilizations, and I'm at war with almost everyone on the continent (and annihilating them all). I'm also already in a perpetual golden age (I've got a bunch of very powerful units with Heroic II and no shortage of hostile units to kill). I always disband captured workers since I prefer to create my own (since that way they start with a lot of experience), and I rarely build new cities (so Settlers aren't much use to me).

Top Bottom