Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by Enginseer, Feb 13, 2016.
So, are hokath's events also integrated here or is it another modmod?
Haven't experienced/noticed an issue, but my LUA log has a lot of this: Runtime Error: C:\Users\James\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(8) Events and Decisions (CBP) (v 10)\Lua/UI/EnactDescisionsPopup.lua:787: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Its always that 787 too.
EDIT: Just now noticing that there's two hotfixes for Version 10. Apologies if already fixed, whatever the issue might even be.
Oh, it's not a bug but I think this mod needs to rename as "Events and Decision (CBO)"!
Dear fellow Civ 5 players. Could you kindly reupload this file to something that is not Mediafire? Russia decided to block this site (because of some nonsense with found loli hentai uploaded by some users or something), and I cannot get to the download page via proxy because of captcha.
It would be very appreciated.
Been playing with this mod for awhile now and I'd give some feedback.
1. I really like this but I think it trivialises the challenge somewhat so have generally moved up to Immortal level now. I find that once I'm able to get the Tax Refund (?) at the end of an era, my money troubles are generally a thing of the past. Also the Swords to Ploughshares (?) one is a little strong. I prefer not use it or the Tax one as a self constraint.
2. The Civ specific Decisions are my favourite aspect of this. Once I know what mine are, I like to incorporate them into my strategy. I find some are weaker or more boring that others, but overall am very happy with these.
3. The Rule of Law (longer GA) and Rules of Acquisition (10% gold) one are must haves for me and I love being able to get Great People. These give a nice struggle between deciding when and on what to use your Magistrates. Same with the Tax one.
4. The religious ones overall are a disappointment. I generally take the Gold > Faith one, but the other one Magistrate > 2 x yield, I find extremely weak and so never worth the cost of a Magistrate. Also, do the yields only get added to the main city or are they given to all your cities? If given to all I might reconsider taking it. But again I'm not sure.
5. The one that gives Great Person points, I assume it picks a random GP type and then gives every city that has some of those points already, some more? I think the UI or notification could give you more info on what one was chosen. I rarely take this and when I do I can never tell what GP got boosted, unless it is the one that the EUI tells you is going to spawn next. (I know I could go into the GP option, but meh)
6. The Malevolence/Benevolence system feels rather spartan. I found it initially confusing, as I didn't know where to find out my current score. Also, I am still not sure if you can be Beneficent but not Benevolent. I think I've only ever been the one where you get the full double bonus for being naughty or nice.
I think the UI needs to be improved for the Ben/Mal system. To me it just feels like a static power boost without requiring much thought. I'd prefer to see this system fleshed out more. Perhaps a scale
-100 to -76 Malevolent: Bonus 1 + 2
-75 to -26 Maleficent: Bonus 1
-25 to +25 Pragmatic: - No bonus
+26 to +75 Beneficent: Bonus X
+76 to +100 Benevolent: Bonus X + Y
Get boosts from normal Events and Decisions and perhaps additional things like CS quests. But your score is constantly ticking up/down to 0. I think this would incorporate it into the game a little better and be more interactive and less passive. Right not, I find that the system feels a little too passive.
I think that this may be in the game as I think I have seen it in the transparent diplomacy section, but do you get modifiers with other Civs depending on if you share an alignment?
If so, perhaps it could be extended to CS
Hostile CS give a bonus to Malevolent
Irrational > Maleficent
Pragmatic > Beneficent
Friendly > Benevolent
Bonuses could involve increase CS Influence from Quests, or reduced Influence decay, to better bonuses from friendly/allied statuses.
Other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing an additional 1 or 2 Civ specific quests as these are my favourites. I'd like to see more interesting and less generic Religious Decisions.
Lastly, is there a page that lists all the Civ specific decisions? I like to work the decisions into my strategy, but I never know what they are until I start with them. If I knew what they are I's like to use that info to help me choose a Civ rather than just random one.
Great mod. Sorry if I butchered the names of the Decisions, I can never recall their names.
PS. How do I convert a Great Diplomat into a Magistrate?
Of course, I've been uploading some of it lately to Mega.nz, but I seem to not like the fact that I can track the download. But I'll do it in version 12 however.
Revolution is pretty powerful in the late game since if you have 60 cities, it could potentially hamper you for 60 units that could be easily made in 1 turn that late. But of course the AI also uses the tax reforms as well making them rich like you!
I agree, but they are just bonuses to expending great diplomats. Meaning you can get extra faith and culture necessary for that religion reformation or policy.
If you have EUI, you can usually figure it out what Great Person is about to appear since it's a very huge number in the late game.
We'll discuss later about this. Add me on Steam
There's a page for the original E&D, but I've reworked many decisions already. You can look in the text XML files instead however. Great Diplomat automatically become magistrates when you use them. So, killing them for an embassy or a quick diplomatic influence in a CS grants magistrates.
Thanks for responding.
I noticed that you mentioned that new Events have been added. I have Version 10 which was installed on the 25th of July. Is there a version 11? Or is it automatically updated?
Link (v 11)
Well done! I'm enjoying game with your new version E&D! But it seems that Incan Chasqui System decision still missing their pre-req tech. Intended?
And there is no pillaging effect of city mine event's for last option.
Yes, no longer requires pre-req tech.
I see. Many thanks for your effort.
Link (v 12)
Do I need the original E+D on top of this or just this? Is i compatible with the CBO's events or should i disable them? Sorry for nooby questions.
No, it's a complete and separate E&D with only the Decision part. The events from E&D are imported into the CP Event System itself.
Just have to say that I love this mod. Having specific events for civs is awesome and helps to make civs feel even more unique.
I noticed a strange bug: every decisions granting a production bonus to units are twice stronger than their description or what I see in the code, ex: Venice will have a production bonus of +66% on every naval units instead of the 33% expected. No clues why it's happening.
Also the "HOFKRIEGSRAT" doesn't give bonus to Gunpowder units (typo L95 should be 'UNITCOMBAT_GUN').
Mods enabled: Vox Populi 8-12 no EUI full + Community Events V2 + CBP Events and Decisions Compatibility v12 + IGE v39 for quick testing.
i'm assuming v 12 isn't comptabile with the vp 8-12 release
Thanks, and I know what the problem was that extra production bonus is.
What gives you that assumption?
Link (v 13)
Separate names with a comma.