1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CBP Events and Decisions Compatibility

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by Enginseer, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Showinpedia only affects the cipedia - you'd need to edit the techbuttoninclude function to preclude showinpedia units (not sure if I've already done that or not - I may have).

G

2. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

It's been too long since I've done one of these.

Link (v 10 with hotfix with hotfix)

3. pandasnail

pandasnail Chieftain

Thank you!!!!! Got my finish my current game first, but very excited!

4. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Chieftain

I think Incan 'Establish the Chasqui System' decision has missing requirement.(maybe prereq tech?)

5. Enginseer

Ooh good catch. There's no prereq tech but due to a missing variable that isn't supposed to exist 3 versions ago. :mischief: I'll replace the version 10 download with a hotfix. Completely save-game compatible.

6. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Chieftain

Thanks! And I have one more question. How can I gain magistrates through Great Diplomat? I saw civilopedia but couldn't get any clue.

7. Enginseer

In the next next hotfix that is save-game compatible.

8. JungleBucks

JungleBucks Chieftain

Howdy everyone. I've recently been getting into Events and Decisions myself, and I just thought I'd leave a bit of feedback. I like it a lot. It's interesting to have a series of alternate choices that give you benefits while also having opportunity cost of their own, and it gives me a good feeling of deep contemplation when I think to myself, "Well, I could initiate tax reforms and get the gold I need to help with this war, but then I'm gonna lose a good few turns of culture, and I need said culture to get to autocracy first" and so on and so on. It all adds another layer to the way I think when playing the game and it feels like a smart edition...that said, I'm a bit concerned with how the AI handles it.

I may be in the wrong, (I've only used E&D for a few games after all), but I've been noticing a pretty apparent gap in social policies between me and the AI lately. With all wonders in the game having a predetermined number of social policies you need to accomplish first, I tend to only use E&Ds when it feels absolutely necessary, or if it's a Civ unique choice, but I'm not sure if the AI has that same kind of mentality (which is understandable, that'd probably be hard to implement). In my most recent game, having ignored several choices that would cost many turns worth of culture, I eventually had 5 social policies past the second highest civ in culture, and my lead was so comfortable, that I eventually stopped building available wonders altogether, until several techs into the future, because I knew there was plenty of time before the AI could even qualify to try and build it.

Maybe I've just had a couple really good games, or the AI's had some very bad luck, but either way, it's a brow raiser. Also, it was a King difficulty game if that helps as a reference.

9. pandasnail

pandasnail Chieftain

So minor thing: your Palace civpedia edit still lists CS quests as an Historic Events, they aren't.

10. Enginseer

I'm glad people actually report bugs instead of leaving me to figure it out. Fixed in the next upcoming version.

11. pandasnail

pandasnail Chieftain

Assuming the text is right, the Songhai Tabya decision needs a buff imo.

local iCult = math.ceil((75*iMod)+(75*(Game.GetGameTurn()/100)))
    local iGold = math.ceil((225*iMod)+(225*(Game.GetGameTurn()/100)))

And 2 Magistrates is too much for 1 Science and 1 Culture on a building. Yes its an early building, but that's just not a lot of yield. Its not a negative of course, but it doesn't feel powerful either. And fwiw the other Songhai decision isn't superstrong to make up for it (One military unit per trade route). That's good and solid, but not worldbeating. Compared to the Assyria decision with one unit per city and a lower cost for instance.

(also if the Tabya event is supposed to be another one of these must have the building in all cities deals, the text doesn't say that, if it really isn't then maybe being able to get it super early does make it a bit better)

12. Erikose

Erikose Chieftain

Enginseer -

Thanks for a great new release along with the marathon speed tweaks - seeing an ai with 1mil plus gold midway through the game was a bit disconcerting! Really love the civ specific decisions as well.

Overall, this adds a great new dimension to the events offered in the community patch, and totally changes the complexity of my game in a good way. Having to weigh losing dozens of turns of culture in order to get big gold seems like a fair deal to me.

Still getting the old "txt_key" tooltip bug, mine seemed to be related to going on a hajj...

Cheers!

- E

13. Enginseer

It's a religion thing. It's not a big issue.

14. Erikose

Erikose Chieftain

Your devotion to this modmod? :lol:

Completely agree - especially as you can figure it out as soon as you see the available decision!

In any case, great job on this now necessary enhancement.

- E

15. pandasnail

pandasnail Chieftain

Two things

When I scroll over Enacted on the Decisions page, it says that Maleficent gives the Promotion and Malevolent gives the Gold bonus, but I think its the opposite.

I guess its probably not, but would be possible for the 4 Barbarians appear event to give the major civ a specific unit, at least in the Ancient. If I have Military Theory and a horse, it usually gives a Cataphract or a Companion Cavalry. If not, I get a Warrior (or Spearman with Bronze). That's a pretty big difference. And yeah, you have to fight 4 Cataphracts as well, but on Authority at least getting 4 Cataphracts to kill is probably a plus. It would be nice if it was just 'Get 1 Spearman' regardless of tech instead if possible. Probably not, because then it would like have to stay Spearmen all game, which is no fun.

Also, sorry I haven't posted any maintenance for you, but I've experimenting with lowering TrainPercent for units, which of course messes up the data.

16. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Chieftain

Hi! I have two question.
    How can I check my morality? And how much morality becomes male or bene?

17. pandasnail

pandasnail Chieftain

Click the Enact Decisions Icon, its listed in the Enacted Decisions section.

Something like hardly -5 or -8 gets to Malevolent, but then it takes quite awhile to get to Maleficent. Execute enough Great Generals and you'll get there tho. Hardly ever play good, but its likely the same numbers on the positive side.

18. Enginseer

I blame Gazebo's unit thing. Wished it would randomize units of the appropriate tech and the nearest relevant tech rather than always choosing the unit closest to the appropriate tech.

Some say EUI lets you check your Morality(represented by Ninja Stars) with their DiploView..

Pretty much.

19. biship

biship Chieftain

v10: localization.log

Code:
    [19155.640] ERR: Missing argument 1. (Subsidise Public Transport in {1_City})
    [19155.640] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. Subsidise Public Transport in {1_City}
    [19162.281] ERR: Missing argument 1. (Subsidise Public Transport in {1_City})
    [19162.281] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. Subsidise Public Transport in {1_City}
    [19191.203] ERR: Missing argument 1. (Vassal For {1_NumTurns} Turns (Turn {2_TurnStarted}))
    [19191.203] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. Vassal For {1_NumTurns} Turns (Turn {2_TurnStarted})
    [19191.218] ERR: Missing argument 1. (Tax Rate: {1_Num})
    [19191.218] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. Tax Rate: {1_Num}
    [19191.218] ERR: Missing argument 1. (Tax Rate: {1_Num})
    [19191.218] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. Tax Rate: {1_Num}
    [19191.359] ERR: Missing argument 1. (Subsidise Public Transport in {1_City})
    [19191.359] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. Subsidise Public Transport in {1_City}

20. Enginseer

What's the problem here? Subsidise Public Transport decision seems to be displaying up properly on my end.