1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CBP Events and Decisions Compatibility

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by Enginseer, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

Super psyched! Love E&D and glad that it's getting some love for CBP.

2. twentyapm

twentyapm Chieftain

I'm really happy this is coming along.

I tried running v4 with CBP and like 30+ Civ mods of all sorts to see how it went, with varying degrees of success. Some mods just seem to be having consistent CTDs, while most others work fine.

Would you like me to give you logs to further increase compatibility (it might not even be the mods causing it and it's just random CTDs but some mods seem to have a high rate of reproductivity ie 5 crashes in a row) or is your goal only to make it compatible with CBP?

3. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

If it seems to do 5 crashes in a row with the same situation. Then I may take a look at it.

4. Enginseer

Sneak Peek for the upcoming mod I guaranteed upload in 5 hours or less after this post.

So, how does morality work?
    It comes into 5 steps
    Column 1 Column 2
    Name Description
    Benevolent Pure good, civilization gets access to unique choices out of the random events.
    Beneficent Neutral good.
    Pragmatic Neutral
    Maleficent Neutral bad
    Malevolent Pure bad, civilization gets access to unique choices out of the random events.

Decisions will never be affected by this. Only random events and settlement events are affected by this morality. Some random events have hidden decisions that are only unlocked through certain moral alignments. The AIs have also been "flavored" to have a more likely chance of picking the moral choice if they are already aligned to that morality. (Ex. A benevolent civilization would be more likely to make "good" choices, but it doesn't mean that the civilization would also choose "bad" choices.

5. PerryCaravello

PerryCaravello Chieftain

I've been waiting for this! Glad to see its almost ready and thanks for all your hard work. Please hurry :)

6. Donjavi

Donjavi Chieftain

I shall wait faithfully for this !! Only 2 more hours to goooooo:). Ill study now so I can game later, hope its crash freeeeee:crazyeye:!!

Btw, you sire, are a true hero !

thanks

7. Enginseer

Can't guaranteed if it's crash free because if your computer couldn't handle regular E&D, I doubt it could handle this E&D now.

Link (v 5)

8. PerryCaravello

PerryCaravello Chieftain

I got the settlement event where you choose between happiness and slower border growth or a citizen and faster border growth. I chose the citizen and the result was that they rose up. However, it still shows that I have an extra pop in that city but when I go to manage my citizens I do not have that extra citizen.

9. black213

black213 Chieftain

If using Rise to Power, should I use this version of E&D?

10. Donjavi

Donjavi Chieftain

will try now!!!!!!!!! hurraaaay!!

11. Enginseer

Hmm.. I do not know why, but I'll do a hotfix by this hour using separate LUA functions. Done.

I haven't tested it to see how it works, so be advised.

12. twentyapm

twentyapm Chieftain

Reporting back.

I've tried playing with a bunch of random mods with both this E&D version and the original latest E&D version. I was playing as Korea and there are basically some events (not all) that seem to be crashing the moment I choose the option. I haven't repeated this enough but getting 1 free Magistrate event is one that crashes both E&D versions when I click the button. I basically seem to be having the same problem as Funak.

At a later point I might try testing it with only CBP to see whether the mods are actually the problem, but I'm probably just going to play it with Events disabled, since Decisions seems to work fine.

13. PerryCaravello

PerryCaravello Chieftain

Do you have LUAJIT? mine started working a lot better when i installed luajit

14. twentyapm

twentyapm Chieftain

Are you sure it's a problem with the lua specifically on E&D? I have never experienced CTDs with my combination of random mods except with E&D, I read the other guy said he was having problems without E&D so I figured it wasn't going to help me.

15. PerryCaravello

PerryCaravello Chieftain

I'm not sure haha. I'm certainly no expert but someone advised me to start using it earlier in this thread and it had almost eliminated my crashes. I had one since I started using it, where I had many before.

16. PerryCaravello

PerryCaravello Chieftain

Enginseer, the ancient Artifact settlement event seems to act as a building in the background, and it causes the Organization policy to trigger (I think it triggered twice for the event happening for me). I'm not sure if this is intended.

Edit: Also getting a TXT_KEY_DECISIONS_ENGLISHARMADA_DESC when hovering over Adoption of the Welsh Bow

17. twentyapm

twentyapm Chieftain

Yeah I have been using it since you mentioned it and no problems with 10 events so far, I'm impressed. I haven't gotten to the same events the caused my previous crashes so time will tell. Will update with more testing.

18. Enginseer

Unintentional, Organization should not be working for dummy buildings. :mischief: I'll discuss this with Gazebo.

The TXT_KEY_DECISIONS_ENGLISHARMADA_DESC error is due to LUA Priority Processing first. It's not a game-breaking bug BUT
    You can go into the CivDecisions.lua and cut line 2430 and paste it under line 2435.

All fixed. Redownload the version to receive all the bugfixes. Save-game compatible.

19. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

20. hokath

hokath Chieftain

Mayan "Improve our Atalatltaltls" is unbalanced. Lets you get Crossbowmen at Construction (i.e. Masonry, now) which results in being roflstomped by the AI.