1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CBP Events and Decisions Compatibility

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by Enginseer, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Well, if JFD and I reach an arrangement on doing so, I'm sure it would, but as for now. Not really.

2. JungleBucks

JungleBucks Chieftain

Is there any alternate links available. My campus locks out Mediafire for some reason. (Also, is there any form of unified changelog available).

3. Enginseer

4. JungleBucks

JungleBucks Chieftain

THANKS! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

One last question. I read in the description that all Unique Units (I'm assuming the one's that were removed during the changes, like the Battering Ram and Keshiks) are trainable via the enactable decisions. Does this include The B17 Bomber and Zero considering they're now available via Ideology, or am I just misinterpreting this?

5. Enginseer

Only some Unique Units were trainable. Others I'll have to consider in balance. If I add in anymore decisions that means I'll have to add in 3 decisions for each civ and players with low-end computers might not like that... :mischief:

As for the B17 Bomber and Zero, they are already available via ideology, no point in trying to unlock them again.

6. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

I'd no more complain about that than I would about them getting wonders with the extra engineers we get in CBP. =) It's part of civ, and there's always the understanding that the game and the meta work differently when you mod.

That said, you'll be pleased to know that in a hot-seat game, we hit 50 turns with complete stability (and then promptly saved it so that we didn't play 300 turns.) When we've got four people not doing work in the office, we'll test it out on the network. I suspect that if it doesn't work, we'll just say "shucks" and move on with our lives, but if it does I'll pop in here and say so. ^_^

7. Donjavi

Donjavi Chieftain

So Im back after testing version 4.0! Tercios decision is working properly, I can now train them and man, are they good! they helped me turn my war against Rome around. On the other hand, there seems to be a little bug with Pizarro's decision, I get 3 well-trained conquistadores :) but not a single general. In addition, it allows me to enact the decision more than once. I have to admit I like that quite a lot, I didnt mind not getting the general as long as I could get 3 conquistadores for 900 coin.

I'll report again after I test Rome!

have a good one!:king:

8. Enginseer

Apparently, you can't set experience on units that have been spawned because the unit spawn function also settled the experience as the given city's domain experience.

Oh well, what to expect for version 6:

9. hokath

hokath Chieftain

:cool:
    Looks great!

10. BenchBreaker

BenchBreaker Chieftain

what version 5? :)

11. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 Chieftain

Sounds wonderful, I'll be waiting to test as soon as it's ready!

12. Enginseer

That's the beta version for version 6. Which is coming up in 2 hours after this post.

13. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

Bump :lol:

\Skodkim

14. Enginseer

Something the new update breaking the Tercio decision and needing to work on a new Spanish decision. (Actually Enginseer, just use the regular E&D Fund Columbus and you have both decisions of exploration: Columbus and Pizarro)

Also need to hold off on the AI being biased on their moral alignment since their flavors are really weird to actually use. (Oh Montezuma, you are a benevolent ruler because you have too much of an event that questions your decisions in happiness flavor and military training flavor.) or (Gandhi, you are such a malevolent ruler with your excess usage of nukes in your flavoring). Overall, I might ignore it and do an 50-50 chance in decision making which mostly means AI civilizations will mostly lean toward a neutral status for their civilization, however RNG might make them benevolent or malevolent.

15. Donjavi

Donjavi Chieftain

Oh man!! I can't wait until you release version 5.0!! If you need help testing the mod I am here, I wish I could do more but I cant code for my life XD

apparently, the new CP makes tercios available to all civs...something I dont really agree with but oh well... maybe you'll have to think about new decision?

best,

16. maptap

maptap Chieftain

I'm a bot of a newbie here - how exactly do I install this mod?
    I downloaded the link on the first page. Do I just need to run the CPP installer again?

Thanks in advance!

17. Enginseer

No, you don't have to. It's a .zip file where you would extract it toward your C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS. However, it is discouraged you download anything because of the new changes that the beta just released.

18. maptap

maptap Chieftain

Oh. What about version 5? Is that compatible?

19. Enginseer

Yes, I'd expect version 5 to be released within this week or so. Provided there aren't anymore updates to the CBP.

20. maptap

maptap Chieftain

Ok thanks. I really love both civ 5 and EU4, and this will add exactly what I want to take the best of both games. I can't wait :D