CBP Events and Decisions Compatibility

I'm also wondering if JFD's mods would recognize this compatibility mod since the (referenced) IDs are different.

Well, if JFD and I reach an arrangement on doing so, I'm sure it would, but as for now. Not really.

THANKS! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

One last question. I read in the description that all Unique Units (I'm assuming the one's that were removed during the changes, like the Battering Ram and Keshiks) are trainable via the enactable decisions. Does this include The B17 Bomber and Zero considering they're now available via Ideology, or am I just misinterpreting this?

THANKS! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

One last question. I read in the description that all Unique Units (I'm assuming the one's that were removed during the changes, like the Battering Ram and Keshiks) are trainable via the enactable decisions. Does this include The B17 Bomber and Zero considering they're now available via Ideology, or am I just misinterpreting this?

Only some Unique Units were trainable. Others I'll have to consider in balance. If I add in anymore decisions that means I'll have to add in 3 decisions for each civ and players with low-end computers might not like that... :mischief:

As for the B17 Bomber and Zero, they are already available via ideology, no point in trying to unlock them again.

Yeah, it's one of the religious decision that I'm afraid of actually buffing because it could insta finish a wonder/tech/policy if I did so. I'll do it in the hotfix of having a minor buff to it. (Don't get mad if the AIs finished a wonder instantly fast or steal your enhancement beliefs with it!)

I'd no more complain about that than I would about them getting wonders with the extra engineers we get in CBP. =) It's part of civ, and there's always the understanding that the game and the meta work differently when you mod.

That said, you'll be pleased to know that in a hot-seat game, we hit 50 turns with complete stability (and then promptly saved it so that we didn't play 300 turns.) When we've got four people not doing work in the office, we'll test it out on the network. I suspect that if it doesn't work, we'll just say "shucks" and move on with our lives, but if it does I'll pop in here and say so. ^_^

So Im back after testing version 4.0! Tercios decision is working properly, I can now train them and man, are they good! they helped me turn my war against Rome around. On the other hand, there seems to be a little bug with Pizarro's decision, I get 3 well-trained conquistadores :) but not a single general. In addition, it allows me to enact the decision more than once. I have to admit I like that quite a lot, I didnt mind not getting the general as long as I could get 3 conquistadores for 900 coin.

I'll report again after I test Rome!

have a good one!:king:

So Im back after testing version 4.0! Tercios decision is working properly, I can now train them and man, are they good! they helped me turn my war against Rome around. On the other hand, there seems to be a little bug with Pizarro's decision, I get 3 well-trained conquistadores :) but not a single general. In addition, it allows me to enact the decision more than once. I have to admit I like that quite a lot, I didnt mind not getting the general as long as I could get 3 conquistadores for 900 coin.

I'll report again after I test Rome!

have a good one!:king:

Apparently, you can't set experience on units that have been spawned because the unit spawn function also settled the experience as the given city's domain experience.

Oh well, what to expect for version 6:
  • Alpha -> Beta phase. (More balanced E&D!)
  • Create the Counter Armada (England) transformed into Development of a Welsh Bow (England) granting the production of Longbowman.
  • Fund the Development of Gunpowder (Korea) no longer grants 2 free Hwach'a in exchange for the production of Turtle Ships.
  • Become a Gunpowder Empire (Ottoman) transformed into siege and gunpowder units having +25% against cities and unlocking the production of Sipahi.
  • Develop the Phalanx Formation (Greece) transformed into Establishment of the Hetairoi (Greece) providing the production of the Companion Cavalry.
  • Companion Cavalry receives a Great General Combat Bonus similar to Hakkapeliitta.
  • Moral Alignment: Upon a random events and settlement events, choices will affect the moral values of the ruler. Choosing good decisions may be less beneficial but will make you a benevolent ruler granting +10% growth(not food), but -15% production. Choosing bad decisions is vice versa with the making of a malevolent ruler granting +15% production, but -10% growth(not food). Being pragmatic from neutral decisions will not yield any bonus or penalty. Likewise as being a certain type of ruler, certain type of choices will become available on other events. (Ex. Corruption event may provide a positive yield for a malevolent ruler profiting off corruption whereas a benevolent ruler may have to take any negative yield heavily from corruption.
    • To help the AI with consistent moral behavior, choices are weighed based on their leader's flavor. A leader who heavily favors growth and expansion may be either malevolent or benevolent if the choice provides benefits critical to growth and expansion.
    • To make up for Venice's lack of Settlement Events, Venice additionally earns +10% gold if malevolent, +10% culture if benevolent, and +5% culture and gold if pragmatic.
    • Moral Alignment also opens up resolutions reserved for benevolent or malevolent nations. However, moral alignment does not affect the diplomacy of any civilization toward others.
  • Settlement Events. Appears on a 50% chance when settling a city. Gives you 3 choices that will impact the moral values of the nation.
    • "The locals in this area has numbered to a small amount of tribal natives. They are unwilling to assimilate into our culture."
      • "They were here first, we must respect their will and expand around them." (-15% border growth, +1 happiness, +1 morality)
      • "If we don't claim the land here, someone else with malice will. We'll relocate them onto reservations." (+1 population, -5% border growth in the city, 25% chance of a barbarian spawning near city, lose a small amount of gold)
      • "You can never have too many slaves. Seize their land." (+1 population, +20% border growth in the city, 50% chance of 2 barbarians spawning near city, -1 morality)
    • And much more.
  • More random events such as a disease outbreak that reduces a percentage of your population in your cities, economic recession, economic boom.

Bump :lol:

\Skodkim

Something the new update breaking the Tercio decision and needing to work on a new Spanish decision. (Actually Enginseer, just use the regular E&D Fund Columbus and you have both decisions of exploration: Columbus and Pizarro)

Also need to hold off on the AI being biased on their moral alignment since their flavors are really weird to actually use. (Oh Montezuma, you are a benevolent ruler because you have too much of an event that questions your decisions in happiness flavor and military training flavor.) or (Gandhi, you are such a malevolent ruler with your excess usage of nukes in your flavoring). Overall, I might ignore it and do an 50-50 chance in decision making which mostly means AI civilizations will mostly lean toward a neutral status for their civilization, however RNG might make them benevolent or malevolent.

Oh man!! I can't wait until you release version 5.0!! If you need help testing the mod I am here, I wish I could do more but I cant code for my life XD

apparently, the new CP makes tercios available to all civs...something I dont really agree with but oh well... maybe you'll have to think about new decision?

best,

I'm a bot of a newbie here - how exactly do I install this mod?
I downloaded the link on the first page. Do I just need to run the CPP installer again?

Thanks in advance!

I'm a bot of a newbie here - how exactly do I install this mod?
I downloaded the link on the first page. Do I just need to run the CPP installer again?

Thanks in advance!

No, you don't have to. It's a .zip file where you would extract it toward your C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS. However, it is discouraged you download anything because of the new changes that the beta just released.

Oh. What about version 5? Is that compatible?

Yes, I'd expect version 5 to be released within this week or so. Provided there aren't anymore updates to the CBP.

Yes, I'd expect version 5 to be released within this week or so. Provided there aren't anymore updates to the CBP.

Ok thanks. I really love both civ 5 and EU4, and this will add exactly what I want to take the best of both games. I can't wait :D

Top Bottom