CBP Events and Decisions Compatibility

As I'm not sure what "enabled logging" means I doubt I have done so.
I have repeated the same event without a crash, but random other events also lead to a CTD. Also, whenever I exit a game I am currently playing (either via loading a saved game or quitting to main menu) I get a CTD.

Bug Reports FAQ and Guidelines:
Logging: Make sure logging is enabled and that you've checked the logs for anything obvious that may help.
Essential Information: If you encounter a bug, please make a post in this thread, along with the following:
MODS folder
Savegame (if applicable)
Information on crash/bug
If you make a bug report in another thread, there is a very good chance it will go ignored. Please help us keep the forum organized - only post bug reports here!
Crash Dump: If you get a CTD, make sure you are using the most up-to-date version of the DLL, please attach the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\CvMiniDump.dmp" to your bug report.

"This mod requires the latest of Gazebo's Community Patch, Community Balance Patch, and City-State Diplomacy."

This means the latest beta or full version?

"This mod requires the latest of Gazebo's Community Patch, Community Balance Patch, and City-State Diplomacy."

This means the latest beta or full version?

Doesn't matter really unless you have some really old version like in the February editions or so.

As I'm not sure what "enabled logging" means I doubt I have done so.
I have repeated the same event without a crash, but random other events also lead to a CTD. Also, whenever I exit a game I am currently playing (either via loading a saved game or quitting to main menu) I get a CTD.

This should answer the question regarding enabling logging: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=487482
From there on, start a game, reproduce the problem, close the game and post the logs here.

This whole thread is about to obsolete very soon, and you won't need a LUA heavy mod to accomplish the intent of this mod. Good things are coming (with balance).

This whole thread is about to obsolete very soon, and you won't need a LUA heavy mod to accomplish the intent of this mod. Good things are coming (with balance).

Not entirely true, as Sukritact's Decisions will still need supporting.

Any reason why you couldn't use the lua 'doeventchoice' elements to make decisions fire as events in the CP:E, instead of using their current lua? Seems like it might be more stable that way.

G

Well, if Decisions were my mod, I would surely convert the system to do that with no noticeable change to how the player interacts with it, but as its not, I couldn't.

Makes sense. Once I get this all sorted, I may reach out to sukritact, see what his thoughts on this are. I know he's not terribly active as of late, so it may be a moot point.

G

Is there an explanation of the Moral Alignment system somewhere? Seeing as I'm translating my Events into the CP: Events format now, I could probably consider adding support at the same time. Although obviously all choices should be Pragmatic :p

Is there an explanation of the Moral Alignment system somewhere? Seeing as I'm translating my Events into the CP: Events format now, I could probably consider adding support at the same time. Although obviously all choices should be Pragmatic :p

I did the Moral Alignment System like Sukritact's Magistrates Resource Dummy System.

Every game you start with 0 morality "resource" but when you settle you get 20 morality "resource" from your palace. Events and Decisions can deduct or add onto this resource type.
Anything below 0 is set back to 0, anything above 40 is back to 40. When you hit a threshold of either 10 or 30 you hit the malevolence or benevolence moral respectively.

Since all choices you should be pragmatic, you don't have to really add anything since morality change based on how much hidden morality resource the civilization has.

Any reason why you couldn't use the lua 'doeventchoice' elements to make decisions fire as events in the CP:E, instead of using their current lua? Seems like it might be more stable that way.

G

Because you are not an AI. For the AI, enacting decisions would be whether possible, however for the human player, enacting decisions automatically might harm your strategical decision making especially if they're game-influential. (Modernize the Factories turns the nation into 5 turns of revolution which the AI automatically enacts whereas the human player would enact when their situation is good) Unless there was a DLL-based system for Decisions, I will be keeping the Decision LUA and forgoing the event LUA.

Now my game crash when I tryed pick a event wit Rome after 2 hour playing w/o save. I'm play with last full CBP. I liked this E&D but this Moderator Action: snip! ...:sad:/

Moderator Action: Please do not use inappropriate language on the forum

Lua: https://mega.nz/#!9EI1UCaI!51g6UHF2e92L-tUYhB0H4lY9HmW12ceQbHhwnhv3Vyw
xml: https://mega.nz/#!JRgjDRTA!-r1Vt0Xn5ubh6IEvCZ6o_lHTqAQPea_6dic56-zrQwE
database: https://mega.nz/#!1Zx3jY6R!qRxB8ptgBk7OjHI1IOZntQIr4OQuUNczSVud3rWexzU
minidump: https://mega.nz/#!1IpCRCKD!zK9V-L-EUIdfRVfNSR9nTPaX49z2jmto50LY-yFGCcY

Not entirely true, as Sukritact's Decisions will still need supporting.

I guess I don't see why it needs supporting, now that we have a DLL based event system, I don't see much of a reason to support a shaky mod both in terms of balance and stability. Here we can have direct control. Lots of mods use it, but I think now's a good time to transition, especially since as you suggest he's fairly inactive.

I did the Moral Alignment System like Sukritact's Magistrates Resource Dummy System.

Every game you start with 0 morality "resource" but when you settle you get 20 morality "resource" from your palace. Events and Decisions can deduct or add onto this resource type.
Anything below 0 is set back to 0, anything above 40 is back to 40. When you hit a threshold of either 10 or 30 you hit the malevolence or benevolence moral respectively.

Since all choices you should be pragmatic, you don't have to really add anything since morality change based on how much hidden morality resource the civilization has.

Because you are not an AI. For the AI, enacting decisions would be whether possible, however for the human player, enacting decisions automatically might harm your strategical decision making especially if they're game-influential. (Modernize the Factories turns the nation into 5 turns of revolution which the AI automatically enacts whereas the human player would enact when their situation is good) Unless there was a DLL-based system for Decisions, I will be keeping the Decision LUA and forgoing the event LUA.

You misunderstand. I'm saying that you could use the events lua to fire the effect of a decision, not the process that goes into making a decision.

G

I guess I don't see why it needs supporting, now that we have a DLL based event system, I don't see much of a reason to support a shaky mod both in terms of balance and stability. Here we can have direct control. Lots of mods use it, but I think now's a good time to transition, especially since as you suggest he's fairly inactive.

I specifically meant that they still need supporting by me (other modders can obviously decide how they feel about Decisions on their own terms). This is because I've worked closely with Sukritact over the years and would consider him, for lack of a better word, as a sort of modding friend or modding colleague. Because I've never heard nor had any stability issues relating to Decisions and they've never been as much of a hassle as Events to implement, I can't justify as easily subverting both his systems at the same time.

Perhaps in the future, when it feels less like a slight to him, I'll take Gazebo's suggestion on how to make Decisions using the CP: Events system, but I'd want to figure some way to honour Sukritact's hard work and contribution in the first place.

You misunderstand. I'm saying that you could use the events lua to fire the effect of a decision, not the process that goes into making a decision.

G

Yea, the idea would be that each Decision would be a pseudo-event, hooked up to the present buttons used to enact Decisions, which would then fire an Event when pressed that gave the effect of the Decision (accomodations would need to be made to prevent the popup, although I can see situations where it might be interesting to leave).

hi

i have a little problem with E&D. after i found a city i had to dicede a event. but when i choose one, my game closed. i choosed +1 pop, 15% border grow and +bad morality (don't know ho much :D). this is my third game in raw where it happened.
which log shall i post to help?
if i have to post all lua.log, they are to large to post^^

ps: sorry for my bad english

Top Bottom