CCM2 Epic Mod

As can be seen in the screenshot, both continents are very close to each other and my ancient naval explorer, that I received early, was able to cross over to the other continent without any risk. I was able to sell several 4 x value (government) techs and other techs at both continents without the penalty for the second sell, when the first and the second sell happen on different continents.

But this wasn´t the topic I wanted to show in the screenshots. :)

The Channel.jpg

Ancient Naval Explorer.jpg

Last edited:
Something peculiar happened: I am playing as Persia and have a mutual protection pact with Arabia. In one turn a Maghreb naval unit attacked a naval unit of me and there was no reaction from Arabia. The next turn a Maghreb bomber attacked a city of me. Arabia immediately declared war to Maghreb. A couple turns later the same happened: a Turkish ship attacked my submarine unit and there was no reaction from Arabia. The next turn a Turkish land unit attacked a land unit of mine and there it was an Arabian declaration of war to Turkey. Again a few turns later an Israeli ship attacked my submarine unit: no reaction from Arabia. Could it be that the Mutual protection pact doesn't work for naval units?

What kind of attack triggers the declaration of war to the attacker by the partner of the mutual protection pact seems to be documented very poorly by Firaxis. In my eyes an attack on units (edited: or improvments) inside your territory is needed to trigger the partner of a mutual protection pact to declare war on the attacker.

Last edited:
Ah, that must be it. My naval units were indeed not inside my borders. Thanks for the explanation, Civinator!

Top Bottom