CD-ROM Drive down. How can I fix it?

Ptolemy

Chieftain
A too cold place right now!!!Denmark, Odense, Euro
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!
My CD-ROM Drive is down and no matter what I do my computer can not find the drive. (Sounds strange, but the problem is that my computer cant find the CD_ROM Drive.)

jeg tror at dette hører til i Programming and Tech Support

Thanks but I did not know that there is a category with that name. (It is good to read the danish language :) ) I did not want to read all the category names through.

or

Tak, men jeg vidste ikke at der er en kategori med det navn. (Det er godt at høre det danske sprog :) ) Jeg gad ikke at læse alle kategorinavnene igennem.

Er du her ikke så tit? (eftersom at du ikke vidste at der var en kategori med det navn?=

I am here often but I can't remember all the categories and usually I am in Off-Topic

or

Jeg er her ofte men jeg kan ikke huske alle kategorierne og jeg er normalt i Off-Topic

Originally posted by Ptolemy
My CD-ROM Drive is down and no matter what I do my computer can not find the drive. (Sounds strange, but the problem is that my computer cant find the CD_ROM Drive.)

A loose connection is possible.

But its probably something to do with your configuration.

Or worst case, your CD drive is kaput.

Originally posted by The Balrog
Er du her ikke så tit? (eftersom at du ikke vidste at der var en kategori med det navn?=

I don't particularly mind at all, but lots of other people complain when you post in a language other than English here as they are supposed to be English language forums. It was fine as far as I'm concerned when you were translating each post so I reckon if you edit this one and give a translation you'll not get into trouble. There was a francophone jokes thread in the Humor & Jokes forum some time ago, but this is the only instance I can remember when you were allowed to post in other languages without translation. :goodjob:

Originally posted by Ptolemy

Calm down...

This happened to me before...

It is probably just a loose connection...

But your computer may be old...

Try pushing the drive in a little...

And restart...

If that doesn't work, pull it out(WHEN PC IS OFF) and check the wires. If they are perfectly good, i'd suggest voodoo.

Top Bottom