Chad declares war on Sudan

iirc both those armies have half a dozen impi warriors as their centerpiece, and then some pikemen and regular warriors. One of the Sudanese impi warriors is elite, and it is stationed in their capital, which i found out after i bothered to establish an embassy upon listening to the news of the outbreak of war, due to a stationed hoplite in Egypt, with which i have signed a right of passage treaty.

i think its a bit sick we can talk about it like this when people are going to die innocently because of it.

slozenger said:
can someone post a map of the area.. i have no idea where this is going on in the world!
Dont use CNN's maps, they'll lead you to somewhere near australia or eastern europe.

slozenger said:
i think its a bit sick we can talk about it like this when people are going to die innocently because of it.
Probably, but as we can sit comfortably on our butts 4,000 miles away from the fighting, we'll continue to be insulated from the violence, and will probably keep cracking poor Civ jokes and puns at their expense.

So - I wonder if Santa delivers in a war zone. :crazyeye:

Military message to Sudan player:

"Our rightous crusade against the evil Darfurs have caused the morons in Chad to declare war on us! They have an alliance to destroy us! Didn't I tell you they were evil?"

I wonder if the USA had any mutual protection pacts with sudan.
I know they dont like chad, after the 2000 election they had a big issue with chads and dimples.

Elrohir said:
So - I wonder if Santa delivers in a war zone. :crazyeye:

Probably not to Chad and Sudan, both of which are pretty much entirely Muslim.

The most "interesting" part of this war will that it will be fought in Darfur which is right on the Sudanese side of the Sudan-Chad border. As if the Darfurese needed more problems.

I wonder if the USA had any mutual protection pacts with sudan.

USA will probably help Chad. We don't like Sudan much. (Darfur)

Cuivienen said:
Probably not to Chad and Sudan, both of which are pretty much entirely Muslim.

Who says Santa only gives to Christians? ;)

Another Civ joke:

*Sudan sends some impis and warriors into Chad territory

Chad: "Please remove your forces from Chad at once."

Sudan: "We were just, having routine training missions. (Yeah, that's the ticket.)"

*Next turn, and Sudanese spearmen and Impis are still in Chad

Chad: "Remove your forces or we shall declare war!"

Sudan: *Declares war.

varwnos said:
iirc both those armies have half a dozen impi warriors as their centerpiece, and then some pikemen and regular warriors. One of the Sudanese impi warriors is elite, and it is stationed in their capital, which i found out after i bothered to establish an embassy upon listening to the news of the outbreak of war, due to a stationed hoplite in Egypt, with which i have signed a right of passage treaty.

Sudan also has 4 or 5 tanks. They also have some rifleman, and a small amount of cannon support.

With the oil Chad has, though, they will be building some tanks.

Edit: of course, both countries are in Anarchy right now.

varwnos said:
:lol: But wouldnt that ruin the reputation of Sudan? No more trade deals for them with the AI.

The news sayd they were putting their chariots in Chadanese territory.

Besides, they already have a bad reputation:

Any other country: "We know what you did to Darfur, Sudan."

Fox Mccloud said:
source

I checked the first page, but I didn't see it. If fighting does break out, who do you think will win?
I didn't even know there were declarations of war anymore.

I wonder how the rebels (or former rebels) in Sudan would act.

Time to profiteer!

Xen said:
I think a major poimt of progress would be for people to stop reffering to Africa as a country, and understand different African states (as in seperate countires, because Africa is a landmass) are indipendent of one another, and have individual and seperate needs that shoudl be attended to.
Not just that, but those states have different peoples within them. Most African wars seem to involve intra-state (which may branch into international, because a nation of people may span different states) fighting than anything else.

This is another sad afteraffect of the callous IMF "aid" that goes to Africa yearly. The fact that Western oligarchs will not permit Africa to form its own self-governed central bank makes it obvious that we just want to bleed them dry. Talk about the Christmas spirit. Africa could be industrialized by now if anyone in a position of power truly gave a damn years ago.

Syrian Foreign Advisor: Chad declared war on us! *looks angry*

Top Bottom