Challenge-V-10

Even if a real test would be a UN or a cultural victory, or a conquest on a continents map, I can say I won a deity game now :D.
The setup is really easy. The only thing needed is restarting several times untill you have horses in the BFC. After that, it's a piece of cake :D.

1500 BC ... not that bad :cool:

I do believe I have just won my first Deity conquest game :D
It has a lot to do with finding the horses in your back garden (as it were...) and something to do with how your first attack goes. This time, it all went very nicely :)
In fact, it has ruined my recent run of submitting candidates for last place in each game of this challenge series. This one is going to be nearer the top than the bottom - but then there is a long time still to go!

I do believe I have just won my first Deity conquest game :D
It has a lot to do with finding the horses in your back garden (as it were...) and something to do with how your first attack goes. This time, it all went very nicely :)
In fact, it has ruined my recent run of submitting candidates for last place in each game of this challenge series. This one is going to be nearer the top than the bottom - but then there is a long time still to go!

Nice Job! Good for you Agey!:goodjob:

Thank you shulec!
I do hope it gets accepted (can't think of anything I have done wrong, but you never know)
The more I think about it, the more lucky breaks I remember - like winning 3 out of 4 against one city all with odds of below 50% - and like having barbarians severely weaken a city just before my attack went in - meanwhile I had no barb worries at all and just used them for promotions.

The more I think about it, the more lucky breaks I remember - like winning 3 out of 4 against one city all with odds of below 50% - and like having barbarians severely weaken a city just before my attack went in - meanwhile I had no barb worries at all and just used them for promotions.

It is often best to attack at under 50% odds, even when a bit short on units, because the defenders will also be fewer and weaker. Bravery is often rewarded as in your latest game. Connecting a strategic resource and chopping or whipping a quick minute man army is often the best way to conquest and one of the few strategies that works at Deity level.

Congratulations AgedOne! :goodjob:

Sun Tzu Wu

It is often best to attack at under 50% odds, even when a bit short on units, because the defenders will also be fewer and weaker. Bravery is often rewarded as in your latest game. Connecting a strategic resource and chopping or whipping a quick minute man army is often the best way to conquest and one of the few strategies that works at Deity level.

Congratulations AgedOne! :goodjob:

Sun Tzu Wu

Thank you too, STW!
Ouch! I'll try to follow your advice when I go for early attacks, and take more risks by attacking at deficit odds. I'll certainly have to strengthen my resolve, and be prepared for a few attempts to be ditched in the process. Not something to try late in a game after hours of effort, I would think :lol:

Nice to see you improving well, Agey!
Thanks, Tachy! (you wouldn't be thinking that if you had seen a couple of my very recent - appallingly bad - submissions. I even hesitated before submitting them :()

Good to see you back, too. The 'retired' signature message was a bit of a worry!

Ouch! I'll try to follow your advice when I go for early attacks, and take more risks by attacking at deficit odds. I'll certainly have to strengthen my resolve, and be prepared for a few attempts to be ditched in the process. Not something to try late in a game after hours of effort, I would think :lol:

Yes, use your "luck" more for the first victim, both in long odds and small stack. With your second and later victims, your stack should be big enough to compensate for the lower odds or your odds must be high enough for a small stack to suffice. As long as your replacements are coming in faster than your losses you are doing ok.

Again, congratulations on a conquest victory well done.

Sun Tzu Wu

Awesome game Cas.:goodjob: I had foolishly thought that my game might not be beaten. You've clearly gone and done it.

Thanks...sorry to beat you by one turn. :blush: I hate it when that happens to me.

I had a couple of games that could have finished in the 2400BC range, but I was unlucky on the combat odds for the first city or last city and that ruins it.

So I think that date is very beatable if someone tries enough times.

This challenge is basically just luck x4:
1) BFC - horses (better on a river - best if settled on) with multiple cows and forests to chop.
2) map geo - your location compared to AIs (both distance and rivers connecting first victim to your city). Also number of AI cities settled on hills versus flat land.
3) worker steal luck combined with your warrior not being killed next turn by AI archer
4) good rolls on combat odds...especially on the first city.

cas

Great game cas! No need to down play based on luck; you deserve the victory for your "out of reach" effort. shulec set a really high mark to beat.

What is worse that being beat by 1 turn is being beat on Score tie breaker.

I've had lots of bad luck with this Challenge. I was planning to go back to it in a week or two, but I'm more interested in putting forth a strong result for G-Major 96 right now. So, I may not get back to it by the deadline.

Sun Tzu Wu

Your recent turn 66 win is absolutely amazing!

Five turns faster than cas' amazing win.

:goodjob: Tachy!

Sun Tzu Wu

Top Bottom