Change the city screen UI

Magma_Dragoon

Reploid
You changed it from the way it was in civ5 for the sake of changing it. Choose production is top right instead of bottom left, building list is on the right instead of the left. This just makes it harder for civ5 players to get used to the game.

The build and buy buttons are awkwardly placed, the citizen icons are so big they block the tile yield, all the unit and building icons are the same color so it's not immediately apparent that the city is building something other than what I want.

all the unit and building icons are the same color so it's not immediately apparent that the city is building something other than what I want.

I think there was some kind of significant art budget issue for trying to make color icons for buildings instead of the stencil icons we got - due to not having real-world referentials like "factory." Tell an artist to draw a "factory" icon and you're done. But color icons in BE would have meant fully pre-designing every imaginary vault and "creche" the tech tree is clogged with in a way that is somehow visually unique before sending it to the art team - a lot more creative work.

Fodder for a very painstaking mod, perhaps.

the citizen icons are so big they block the tile yield,

I don't really mind the new UI, but you're correct about the citizen icons.

it's exactly like the manual citizen allocations from CiV where when turned on the citizen icons would clutter the city screen UI, I used to turn that system on to fine tune my city then close it before leaving the screen but in BE unlike CiV you can't turn it off.

Gotta say I'm missing that.

Another problem with new UI is that if you play "build queue enabled", like I do, the position of build selection doesn't stay in place but chances depending how much stuff you put in the queue.

Quite annoying when you are adding certain type of military units in the queue and the list shifts, and you have added something totally useless in the queue, worse still if you don't notice that in time... :mad:

Top Bottom