1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

change to modding from the march 2018 patch

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Gedemon, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

You know the drill, incomplete patch notes, let's do our own, blablabla...

So, I start with the usual diff to the artdef/xml/lua and a few other small files for the base game.

Anyone with R&F know if the DLC load order bug has been fixed ?

Attached Files:

2. ITcore

ITcore Chieftain

Lol, oh Gedemon, always the optimist.

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

It reportedly hasn't, but on the other hand the district bug seems to have been.

4. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

I had heard about the UDs, but has it been definitively tested yet?

On the LoadOrder issue, a few people have claimed it is now fixed. In my own tests w/o the added DLC LoadOrder code, the game seems to load fine without errors or getting thrown back to the Main Menu.

Gedemon likes this.
  5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I'm waiting a bit before removing the fix, as I've seen opposite reports and the way the bug is happening (ie "random") doesn't help to get confirmation in a way or another...

But new reports of "returning to main menu" bugs could be now related to real incompatibilties.

The warnings related to localized texts are gone from the logs too?

6. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

I figure if the LoadOrder error crops up again, it's only going to take me 5 seconds to re-apply it. Are those reports coming from here, reddit, or discord?

Anyway, I'm more concerned about the UD error cropping up randomly. For that I'm keeping my warnings to myself in place for now and avoiding random civ selection.
    You mean the ones in the modding.log that crop up generally with the Chinese localizations? Those are still there for whatever reason, but I haven't looked into it as it doesn't really affect my game. I also still get a ton of "Attempt to evaluate path" errors related to Deliverator's S&T mod, but he's said not to worry about those.

7. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

They are just because I cut all the TEXTURE and ANIMATION files that are included in the base game to stop the mod from being unnecessarily massive.

Looking at the diff:

Bombard units (Catapult, Bombard etc) now need Tag CLASS_SIEGE_SETUP (as well as CLASS_SIEGE) and AiType UNITTYPE_SIEGE_ALL (as well as UNITTYPE_SIEGE).

Units with AIType of UNITTYPE_SIEGE_SUPPORT now also need UNITTYPE_SIEGE_ALL.

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

If I understand correctly, the AI is now looking for that tag for (some?) city attack missions

9. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Also ABILITY_NO_MOVE_AND_SHOOT has moved from CLASS_SIEGE to CLASS_SIEGE_SETUP so Unit mods that haven't been updated will have Artillery that can move and shoot in the same turn.