change to modding from the march 2018 patch

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
You know the drill, incomplete patch notes, let's do our own, blablabla...

So, I start with the usual diff to the artdef/xml/lua and a few other small files for the base game.

Anyone with R&F know if the DLC load order bug has been fixed ?

Attachments

• civ6 march developper patch.7z
    95.7 KB · Views: 182
It reportedly hasn't, but on the other hand the district bug seems to have been.
I had heard about the UDs, but has it been definitively tested yet?

On the LoadOrder issue, a few people have claimed it is now fixed. In my own tests w/o the added DLC LoadOrder code, the game seems to load fine without errors or getting thrown back to the Main Menu.

I had heard about the UDs, but has it been definitively tested yet?

On the LoadOrder issue, a few people have claimed it is now fixed. In my own tests w/o the added DLC LoadOrder code, the game seems to load fine without errors or getting thrown back to the Main Menu.
I'm waiting a bit before removing the fix, as I've seen opposite reports and the way the bug is happening (ie "random") doesn't help to get confirmation in a way or another...

But new reports of "returning to main menu" bugs could be now related to real incompatibilties.

The warnings related to localized texts are gone from the logs too?

I'm waiting a bit before removing the fix, as I've seen opposite reports and the way the bug is happening (ie "random") doesn't help to get confirmation in a way or another...

But new reports of "returning to main menu" bugs could be now related to real incompatibilties.
I figure if the LoadOrder error crops up again, it's only going to take me 5 seconds to re-apply it. Are those reports coming from here, reddit, or discord?

Anyway, I'm more concerned about the UD error cropping up randomly. For that I'm keeping my warnings to myself in place for now and avoiding random civ selection.
The warnings related to localized texts are gone from the logs too?
You mean the ones in the modding.log that crop up generally with the Chinese localizations? Those are still there for whatever reason, but I haven't looked into it as it doesn't really affect my game. I also still get a ton of "Attempt to evaluate path" errors related to Deliverator's S&T mod, but he's said not to worry about those.

I also still get a ton of "Attempt to evaluate path" errors related to Deliverator's S&T mod, but he's said not to worry about those.

They are just because I cut all the TEXTURE and ANIMATION files that are included in the base game to stop the mod from being unnecessarily massive.

Looking at the diff:

Bombard units (Catapult, Bombard etc) now need Tag CLASS_SIEGE_SETUP (as well as CLASS_SIEGE) and AiType UNITTYPE_SIEGE_ALL (as well as UNITTYPE_SIEGE).

Units with AIType of UNITTYPE_SIEGE_SUPPORT now also need UNITTYPE_SIEGE_ALL.

If I understand correctly, the AI is now looking for that tag for (some?) city attack missions

If I understand correctly, the AI is now looking for that tag for (some?) city attack missions

Also ABILITY_NO_MOVE_AND_SHOOT has moved from CLASS_SIEGE to CLASS_SIEGE_SETUP so Unit mods that haven't been updated will have Artillery that can move and shoot in the same turn.

Top Bottom