Changes/bugs in Summer patch

Alan Palmer

Chieftain
Just started with the new patch and find it unplayable. The "Change Government"/"Change Policies" button doesn't work. If I click on it (right or left-click)nothing happens.

A series of exclamation marks appears to the bottom right - again, when I click on them, nothing happens.

When a unit is chosen a thick white line leading off the edge of the screen appears. What's the purpose of that? Is there a way to disable it?

I'm running the Australia, Aztec, Poland and Vikings DLC, plus Chaos Quick UI and Dags Trade Route Mods. I've tried disabling them and it makes no difference.
Screen Shot 2017-09-07.jpg

Iirc disabling might not be enough and you have to unsubscribe or delete files as well sometimes. I had such problems (not the same) with an earlier patch.

That's interesting. I'm not seeing any of those bugs. That white line looks like a trade route. You disabled the mods and restarted the game?

Yes. I've also restarted the computer itself. No effect.

I suspect you will need to remove CQUI (unsubscribe, remove manually and restart -- not just disable it on the mods menu). As I understand it, the developers of that mod are still struggling to produce a version that is compliant with the new patch.

Thanks a lot, Browd. That fixed it. I took a look at the CivFanatics threads on CQUI and Github and I see what you mean. Apparently the nightly builds are working but some features have to be disabled. I'll do without for the time being.

Shame, as I'll miss a lot of the mod's features.

Top Bottom