Changes you would like to see in Medieval II?

I don't dispute the historical importance of gunpowder, I just find it totally uninteresting, boring and crappy. I've modded it out of my game, thanks but no thanks, if I want to see gunpowder I'll play ETW, I don't want it in my medieval game.

Or let's go back to Antiquity. No gunpowder here !

...thanks but no thanks, if I want to see gunpowder I'll play ETW, I don't want it in my medieval game.
I would say that gunpower artillery, at least, fits quite neatly with a medieval setting, if you allow your perceptions to- accurately- include it. However, I do think that gunpower artillery seems to gets a bit too powerful too quickly, meaning that you lose the grander spectacle of the trebuche more quickly, as well as any cash you've sunk into the construction of a siege range.

Raise the cost of gunpowder units, make it really expensive you can't build a lot of them, as it should be, they weren't really used on massive scale.

If the americas are included, then by that time gunpowder was much more widely used and will have to be included as well. If you don't like the gunpowder, you don't have to use it or can mod it out.

Swordsmiths' Guild upgrades melee weapon of any unit (including ships; their boarding parties have swords), Master Swordsmiths' upgrades weaponn again, HQ gives third upgrade.

Alchemy labs and the like actually improve your artillery as advertised rather than give the gunnery crews sharper daggers.

Woodsmens' Guild upgrades bows in the manner of my aforementioned version of the Swordsmiths' Guild; this increases missile attack, not melee attack. Ranged units can get both their melee and ranged weapons upgraded.

Alchemy labs increase a gunner's missile attack, not melee attack.

Cannon makers improve ships' cannons as advertised.

Naphtha pots can easily ignite siege equipment.

Get rid of adoptions; they're unrealistic and a carry-over from R:TW.

Javelin units cannot get upgraded javelins, but experience increases their missile attack.

The problem with adoptions is the family tree and line of succession is hard coded, and you need to get Generals with the only way being to have them in your family >_<

At the very least, as I don't know how much is possible, if it could be renamed from adoption/family to supporting the Royal Family or something.

What are Wagon Forts exactly? I don't recall them in the game :s

I never played far enough to get ot the Americas nor really cared abotu them, but eh at least the map has been extended a bit. Are the regions going to be fixed up to be more realistic? I despise the vanilla regions.

I would love to see the game set in 4 turns a year, sure that may seem like a lot ot some people but I've fonud it works perfect in EB for Rome, although I'd settle for 6 month turns as long as units have enoguh movement that matches them having 6 months to move!

I can do a 4 turns-per-year version of the campaign. :) I'm thinking of redoing the Americas by consolidating the three Mexican provinces into one and using the extra space to add Iceland, Greenland, and Vinland.

An actual AI to begin with would be the nicest thing to add to the game.

A real mélée fight rather than a line of ten duels, though at least it's possible to mod the game to make it APPEARS that the fight is going full-scale. Would be better to have the true mechanic though.

A real AI would be cool.

Either remove completely the Americas, or expand it and allows it to be playable and part of the game much sooner.

Something like an AI that is actually decent.

Remove all gunpowder. Gunpowder is lame.

And above all, an AI that is not completely dumb and broken.

Yeah, like I said, I can't mod the AI, but I'll see what I can do. :)

I think that real melees are more prevalent, but I really don't quite remember - I've indoctrinated myself to just order my men to charge to a location directly behind the enemy, then attack - it works well.

Iceland will be accessible at the beginning of the game, Greenland will be accessible via Iceland, and Vinland will be accessible via Iceland.

I can make a no-gunpowder patch/specialized campaign.

Raise the cost of gunpowder units, make it really expensive you can't build a lot of them, as it should be, they weren't really used on massive scale.

If the americas are included, then by that time gunpowder was much more widely used and will have to be included as well. If you don't like the gunpowder, you don't have to use it or can mod it out.

Yeahm gunpowder should not be a major part of armies, on that I agree.

Swordsmiths' Guild upgrades melee weapon of any unit (including ships; their boarding parties have swords), Master Swordsmiths' upgrades weaponn again, HQ gives third upgrade.

Alchemy labs and the like actually improve your artillery as advertised rather than give the gunnery crews sharper daggers.

Woodsmens' Guild upgrades bows in the manner of my aforementioned version of the Swordsmiths' Guild; this increases missile attack, not melee attack. Ranged units can get both their melee and ranged weapons upgraded.

Alchemy labs increase a gunner's missile attack, not melee attack.

Cannon makers improve ships' cannons as advertised.

Naphtha pots can easily ignite siege equipment.

Get rid of adoptions; they're unrealistic and a carry-over from R:TW.

Javelin units cannot get upgraded javelins, but experience increases their missile attack.

I don't know what I can do about the weapons upgrades apart from the Woodsman's Guild's upgrading bows.

The naphtha pots I can probably do.

And I think I could rename adoptions. (thanks, PrinceScamp!)

The problem with adoptions is the family tree and line of succession is hard coded, and you need to get Generals with the only way being to have them in your family >_<

At the very least, as I don't know how much is possible, if it could be renamed from adoption/family to supporting the Royal Family or something.

But they will still be in the Family!

I do not quite like it when the Throne is passed from The Surnameless Emperor to some adopted twit with their surnames. This is MTW, a representation of the Medieval Era where Royal Blood is Royal, not adopted.

Also, there should be some way to banish Priest from your lands. I do not have so many trained assassins as to kill every Freakin Cardinal that walks onto my Orthodox/Islamic Lands.

And there should be a more regular version of Cardinals for Islam and Orthodox.

Increase speed of 2H-axe attacks.

Have pavises be deployable shields, like stakes. They can be destroyed easily, except by arrows, bolts, and javelins, the first two doing no damage.

I'd like to see the AI convert settlements when it's low on one type. Maybe it does and I've just never seen it? There've been a few times so far when I've captured all of a faction's castles, but it never bothers to convert a city to a castle, so it's armies remain subpar with militia units.

I'd like it if the AI obeyed the same rules as the player. The AI can join a Crusade/Jihad with an army with <8 units, those troops never desert unless the general dies or otherwise leaves, and the AI captains can lead night attacks. Also, the AI always has money because of the game script, so crushing their economy is impossible.

Top Bottom