1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Changing Names

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by WDVINCO, Feb 23, 2019.

1. WDVINCO

WDVINCO Chieftain

Is there a way you can change the name of a civilization, unit, and/or leader.

For example:
    In the original game, it's Sumeria, Trader, and TEDDY Roosevelt.
    But I wish to them change them to: Mesopotamia, Merchant, and THEODORE Roosevelt, respectively.

I think you can go into the .xml files and change the names, but I don't know how do that.

This goes for all civilizations: DLC, Vanilla, GS, and R&F.

2. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Moderator Action: The Civ6 - released mods forum is for released mods only. All queries and requests for help go in the main Creation and Customisation forum. I've moved this thread to there.

3. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Although, I don't recommend it, if you want to directly change the names of leaders, units, etc., you'll need to edit the "text" xml files. For the base (vanilla) game the location will be: "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Text\en_US". Sumeria and the Trader are found in Types_Text.xml and Roosevelt in Leaders_Text.xml.