Children of the Emperor – Life and Death amidst the Clans of Japan

In the weeks that I finished my Geisha training, I already became aware of the great demand for my services. I decided to go free-lance, joining any available group of Geishas to serve a dinner, organize a wedding, whatever. I could have established an enterprise of my own, but, since the Bunka council and especially Sensei Jehoshua have put a lot of pressure on my ascendancy to Citizenship, I cannot but lay low and remain anonymous to the public.

As a result of all these political machinations, my Councilman wardrobe collection is growing steadily, thanks to my earnings from the Geisha profession. I just wish women could vote, it would be so much easier!

My mother is getting old, and now she starts to wonder whether she ever will see grandchildren that she could pamper. I am trying to tell her that this is not so easy to achieve for a single woman at this day and age. At the same time, I feel a bit sorry for her, as her fate has in fact been a result of a noble cause, as my Father had to remain distant from her, and from me, due to his high position as Daimyo.

I can hardly sleep nights, it is getting very intense. I pray to Xeldice every instant, to be merciful on me, and my mother.

Record No.5, 50 BC, T113. On ignoring a Daimyo

It looks like I, Daimyo of Kagoshima have been ignored. It is a shame to start a cooperation this way but I will repeat one more time.

It has been asked by Daimyo of Kagoshima for The Library to be added to the build queue during the council of T109. Now it has to be done a little later, but still, I expect that Daimyo orders will be executed

The vote was accepted and a library was shown added to Kagoshima's production queue, so I, the patient and irritated Oni Yahzuk don't what Daimyo Grzybek is going on about.

The council session of T113 is now closed. Recess will last longer than usual as there aree some complicated procedings going on and I likely won't be able to finish them all this morning.

The council session of T113 is now closed. Recess will last longer than usual as there aree some complicated procedings going on and I likely won't be able to finish them all this morning.

Indeed, things are getting interesting! This would be an appropriate point to thank you, yahzuk, for all the work you're putting in to this for our enjoyment. Very much appreciated :worship:

Indeed, things are getting interesting! This would be an appropriate point to thank you, yahzuk, for all the work you're putting in to this for our enjoyment. Very much appreciated :worship:

I agree and propose a national feast day in honour of the great and mighty oni.

I agree and propose a national feast day in honour of the great and mighty oni.

Hear, hear! Let me join in and praise the Oni, omnipotent Yahzuk. Thank you so much. :goodjob:

The vote was accepted and a library was shown added to Kagoshima's production queue, so I, the patient and irritated Oni Yahzuk don't what Daimyo Grzybek is going on about.

I must have been blind as I didn't see that.

Kagoshima will also hold a feast in honor of great Oni.

I join in the chorus in praise of the great work of the oni Yahzuk :worship:

-

Welcome to the Bunka clan Spicer Man ;)

So, being the first time we have a council session this complex, I’m going to explain it in a little more detail to help everyone better understand some of the political workings.

There are several citizens who want to do things, and some of their orders conflict. The order which they make their requests during the council session does not matter. During the council all of their orders are merely collected, and then during the recess they are resolved, in the order of OLDEST citizens first.

1) Daimyo Rudragun of Kyoto calls for several votes. Daimyo Rudragun of the Kagaku clan then displaces CenturionXX of the Shihai clan in Osaka. Rudragun of the Kagaku clan is now Daimyo of Osaka. Jehoshua of the Bunka clan is now Daimyo of Kyoto.

2) A secret coup is started against Daimyo Rudragun in Kyoto. Since Rudgraun is no longer the Daimyo of Kyoto, the coup simply dies out.

3) Jehoshua of the Bunka clan displaces Bowsling of the Gaiko clan in Kagoshima. Jehoshua of the Bunka clan is now Daimyo of Kagoshima. Sparthage of the Shihai clan is now Daimyo of Kyoto.

4) Daimyo PlyPlay665 calls for some votes in Tokyo.

5) A secret attempt is made to displace Sparthage in Kyoto. Since Sparthage is now Daimyo of Kyoto, he cannot be forcibly displaced and the attempt fails.

6) Grzybek calls for several votes in Kagoshima. Since Grzybek is no longer Daimyo of Kagoshima, he can no longer call votes and they are rejected.

7) Chgrogers of the Bunka clan in Kyoto attempts to displace Bowsling of the Gaiko clan from Kagoshiima. Since Bowsling has already been displaced from Kagoshima, the attempt fails.

Spoiler Admin Notes :

Reminder, please put your actions and calls for vote in bold to help me not miss them!

You can only make 1 attempt to displace 1 other citizen per council session. You are not allowed to maek a move from a city where to aren’t located, so you cannot try to go from city A to city B to city C. Also you cannot make conditional actions, which mean you cannot say “displace citizen X or displace citizen Y if failing to displace citizen X or displace citizen Z if failing to displace citizen X or Y.” Which boils down to you can only make 1 attempt per council session.

Also, actions have consequences. You can only make actions during council sessions, and whatever the consequences are, you’re going to be stuck with them until the next council session. If you displace another citizen, you are stuck in that city until the next council session. If a Daimyo shifts all his people from a production focus to a gold focus to maximize his influence on an upcoming economic vote, and the building his city was producing is now going to take 100 turns instead of 1 turn, he is stuck with that until the next council session. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Spoiler Revised Influence :

Voting for T113 is now in session until 22:00 GMT-5 tomorrow.
Spoiler Votes :

Kyoto Local Influence Votes:
113-KL-1: Add to Kyoto's Queue:
Pikeman
Angkor Wat
The Hagia Sophia
The Pyramids
Temple
Do not add to queue

113-KL-2: Give orders to Yajirushi (the archer):
Return to Kyoto
Give to Tokyo
Continue exploring the Northern coast and attacking barbarians

113-KL-3: Give orders to new rodosha:
Create a farm on the marsh 1 NE of the farm
Clear the marsh 1 W of the pasture and create a trading post
Create a trading post on the NW forest
Create a mine on the SE forested hill
Give to Kagoshima
Do not give any orders
Comment: Satsuma already has a worker

Tokyo Local Influence Votes:
113-TL-1: Add orders to queue for Rodosha Gin?
Mine the hill NW of Tokyo
Do not add orders
Note: Monument is already queued after the granary!

Cultural Influence Votes:
113-C-1: Add to social policy queue:
Legalism
Philanthropy
Citizenship
Aristocracy
Do not add to queue

Scientific Influence Votes:
113-S-1: Add to technology queue:
(mandatory vote, so all options valid)

Tokyo Local Influence Votes:
113-TL-1: Add orders to queue for Rodosha Gin?
Mine the hill NW of Tokyo

Didn't know what was on the Queue.

Craziness abounds throughout Japan as multiple people expressed their distaste of Rudragun's rule in Kyoto and thus decided to conduct a coup against him. But Rudragun being a Kagaku was smarter than that and escaped to Osaka just before the assasins reached the inner chamber.

Being totally frustrated at this failure or at the coup itself several people decided to leave the city. Sensei Jehoshua, seeing Chgrogers attempt to leave pre-empted him by displacing Bowsling however forgetting an ancient rule this led to Sparthage becoming Daimyo and Defoesrightboot, finally tiring of the culturless Shihai in Osaka decided to come into Kyoto for a break by displacing Sparthage failing to so since sparthage became daimyo.

Sitting Back in the jungles of Kagoshima the now Daimyo Jehoshua, smacked his head in annoyance at forgetting the rule of seniority (the most senior citizen always has the fastest horse and so finished his moves first) for now this whole mess will have to be resolved next council, hopefully in a less confusing manner.

---

votes

add to tech queue: mathematics followed by Currency

While Daimyo Jehoshua may not be happy about the seniority conventions, I am quite satisfied with them. I had anticipated the coup, with thanks to a certain patriot, and I had also remembered that the rules of seniority would allow me to escape Kyoto relatively unharmed. Thus, I was able to live, the coup was made known, and the Bunka do not have the control they sought over Kyoto.
I had not, however, anticipated Daimyo Jehoshua moving to Kagoshima. This was totally unexpected and led to, as we see now, a chain reaction that I find quite amusing.

Philanthropy

Mathematics followed by Currency

Don't be concerned Rudragun, your transfer indeed is good for all, because you no longer need to die and thhe neccesity to assasinate anyone is now gone. although I must admit the conventions have caused some problems for myself, it does not on the whole disrupt anything for myself and in fact they have achieved at least part of what i was intending (even if the greater whole is delayed due to the seniority convention).

Make no mistake the situation shall be rectified in time.

Spoiler :

Kyoto Local Influence Votes:

Angkor Wat

Give to Tokyo

Create a farm on the marsh 1 NE of the farm

Aristocracy If we are going to build wonders we should have this policy

Mathematics

I am leaning on several of these issues and I may change my vote depending on circumstances.

My votes on current issues:

Kyoto local influence vote
Angkor Wat

Return to Kyoto

Create a trading post on the NW forest

Aristocracy

Mathematics then currency

Everyone in Kyoto is wondering what happened in the Palace just overnight. Daimyo Rudragun chose to move to Osaka, leaving the post to Jehoshua, who had already packed to leave for Kagoshima! And, as a result, the Shihai have now the highest post in our government.

Emotionally, I am a complete mess. LegionSteve left for Satsuma, but before he left, a party was held for him. Asi it happened, I was the head hostess for this party, and of course LegionSteve recognized me right away. I had to sip a little sake just to calm my nerves, and to not make a complete fool of myself! After the party was over, he and I stayed at the chambers of the party mansion, and I am embarrassed to say, I let my guard down. Now I think I may be “just a bit” pregnant. It seems that I need to recede to the background. Adding to the mix of emotions, Jehoshua’s coercion has led to my taking up Kendo and other “manly” sports, to brush up on my manners once I enter a city Council. This is so embarrassing. I cannot go to the Dojo any more once my belly starts to show!

Well, anyway, my Councilman wardrobe collection is growing steadily, thanks to my earnings from the Geisha profession. I just wish women could vote, as it would be so much easier.

Top Bottom